• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Raptors (2 of 2)

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, terrell said:

I think the offense flows better without DRe.. No hate yall. Dont come at me.... Just sayin.. Ive always said hes kind of a blackhole offensively..

Yeah.. It's hate. 

This is one of the best games I have seen Dre distributing the ball.  Of course, Trae is the better PG.. but Dre's not a slouch. 

5 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Take as much time as you need Dre. In fact go ahead and take the whole season my guy, you deserve it 

Those hangnails are tough...

12 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Finally Quinn stop taking advice from LP and put in a line up that could rebound and defend the paint!

Raptors had 3 offensive boards. Wowwwww. I must be dreaming.. 

I figured the Hawks would split the set but losing the first one made it iffy.  Needed this one and got it with great evergy from Clint and Meth Bogi early and Nuke Trae took it from there.

I never underground the fascination with OG.  He’s an efficient shooter true but he just doesn’t hit the glass hard enough on either end, never gets to the line, and I can see why his defensive metrics aren’t upper tier.  Usually great defensively off the ball I can clearly see some slack in his game there as well.  I’m tired of hearing his name as some untouchable blue chip.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, Diesel said:

I think everybody was on tonight.

The interesting part... It was on their homecourt and we were down two starters. 

Playing bigger kept the Raps out of the paint and we controlled our boards. Raps had 3 ORebs.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

And that's part of the problem...a reliable passer if he decides to cut

True, but he intrinsically isn’t an ideal option to pass to in tight windows whether cutting to the basket or flaring for a perimeter catch and shoot: such a small target leaving little margin for error.  I know off ball will never be a consistent part of his game so long as he switches it up some.  

His best off ball moments come in give and go (which needs to be run a little more), working to get the ball back beyond the perimeter, and out of bounds play.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

I vouch for OO and Bogi.  Totally confident OO is gonna redeem his subpar season so far, tonight was a good start.  Not a big fan of him shooting threes but I get it and his shot looks easy.

Bogi been balling.  He’s turned himself into a league-wide respected player that opposing coaches have to circle.  Doesn’t get enough credit for how subtly effective his movement is on the perimeter.  He even gave me a nice laugh with consecutive bricks.  He didn’t get cheated either these were some royal bricks 😆

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1