• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Thunder "at" Hawks

lethalweapon3

7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Somebody said we would need 142.

When I first said it, Thunder had 18 pts in the quarter with about 6 min left.  I figured the max they could score was 20 points.  

Score was 132 - 120

They got 17 points with a great look to get 20.

I think the Hawks had 9 pts in the last 6 min of the game

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, shakes said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that.  OKC played a massive game last night and won.  This morning the world woke up and realized that OKC is really really good.  They are the talk of NBA radio all day.   They just came off a stretch where they won 10 of 12 and trounced several contenders in the process.  They have a massive January schedule coming up.  They're playing a team/franchise that would best be described as a laughing stock to the rest of the league.

This has trap game written all over it for OKC.   I wouldn't be surprised if ATL gets the win tonight.

Told ya so!

I gotta start getting into gambling.  Seems like a healthy hobby.

• Like 2

They can’t hit jumpers in the 4th to save there lives.  Especially the last 4 minutes.  Start feeding the paint or something.  Draw contact and go to the line.  Can’t keep closing these games with 5 points or less in the final 4 minutes.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, terrell said:

JJ makes us so much better.

We may can save our season with the right trade..(Playoffs)

Get busy LF.

Hawks gotta learn how to finish games though..

OKC was on a back to back and they had more energy than we did late.. smh

Get a PF north of the boarder.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Chrimturn said:

They can’t hit jumpers in the 4th to save there lives.  Especially the last 4 minutes.  Start feeding the paint or something.  Draw contact and go to the line.  Can’t keep closing these games with 5 points or less in the final 4 minutes.

No... what they should do is look at OKC's blueprint. 

OKC simply allows SGA to take the ball to the basket.   He either scores or gets fouled.   That works very well in the regular season.  OKC is a first round loss to a 7th or 8th seed. 

3 minutes ago, Chrimturn said:

This is when we need a BIG that can get you a bucket in the post.. We dont have that.. 

• Like 2

Just now, Diesel said:

To do what?

Make us a more complete team.

And to have another ball handler on the court when teams try to do us like this.

1 minute ago, terrell said:

This is when we need a BIG that can get you a bucket in the post.. We dont have that.. 

Exactly.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Get a PF north of the boarder.

Dre AJ Mills pick and Id do it..

If they ask for JJ hang up

• Like 4

1 minute ago, terrell said:

I know, but take it to the hole or back it down one or the other.  Keep throwing up these wonky shots.  Gotta try something.

8 minutes ago, terrell said:

We need a real big, not another open court fiend. KAT, KAT, KAT, KAT, KAT but he's not available. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

A big part of the late game problems imo is they completely stop playing defense.  Guys are trying to win with offense, hit the big knock out punch shot.  And while they're unsuccessfully doing that, teams are racking up points because guys a mentally checking out defensively.

We deserved an L tonyte, for all the reasons you state.

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

We need a real big, not another open court fiend. KAT, KAT, KAT, KAT, KAT but he's not available. 

Then why you keep bringing him up?  Give some answers, not more problems.  We got enough of them. 😄

• Like 2