• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Thunder "at" Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

ATL's injury/illness/leave report is looking as good as it has in awhile. Seth Lundy has been upgraded to Available following last week's ankle sprain, leaving De'Andre Hunter (inflamed knee, check back in about a week) and Mo Gueye (stress-fractured back) as the only Hawks not already on G-League assignment.

OKC is still enjoying their continental breakfast, so their Boo-Boo Report isn't up yet as of 12:30 PM. It's due in about 15 minutes. At gametime yesterday, they had everyone available aside from a pair of two-ways on G-League duty.

~lw3

• Like 4

• Moderators

Thunder GameNotes adds that OKC (now 9-1 vs. NBA East) has the best road record in the league, at 9-4. The Hawks have nine road wins in their pocket, too, after escaping D.C. But, emphasizing once more the variance in scheduling, Atlanta also has six additional road losses to this point (9-10).

SGA is aiming to clear the bar as the sole NBA player to finish a season averaging minimums of 30 PPG and 2.5 SPG while shooting above 55.0 FG%. The more threes he can defer to teammates, the better his chances. OKC leads the league not just in three-point marksmanship, but in free throw accuracy (85.0 team FT%), which isn't bad for the team that began this season with the third-youngest opening-night roster.

Trae's next 30-plus 10-plus P.A.D.D., the 73rd of his career, would move him into a tie with The Logo, Jerry West, for 6th All-Time.

OKC's win last November knotted up the all-time Hawks/SonicThunder series at 71 wins apiece.

Beginning with the game before that one, in New Orleans on November 4, Atlanta has managed to sink 10+ threes in every one of its past 27 games, a league-high (Boston stretched the NBA's second-longest run to 17 games last night in OKC). That double-digit streak is actually 12 or more for the Hawks, who needed all of their dozen to keep the Wiz at bay on New Year's Eve. But for a 9-for-32 showing versus the Zards back on November 1, the Hawks' double-digit Threak would be at 31 and counting.

~lw3

• Like 4

Early wins over the Bucks and Wolves look even better now based on their records but make no mistake, a win tonight would be the highest quality victory to date.  

This OKC team is a f&@kin circus.  A +8.3 point differential for the second youngest squad in the league playing the 6th toughest schedule to date is insanity.  Their chemistry is near Bogut Warriors level.

Hawks need to focus on hitting the glass on both ends like never before.  It’s literally the Thunder’s only weakness.  

• Like 3

Thanks lw3! 

Vegas got OKC -1.5 on the road wow 😯 

2k got Hawks by 53! @Sothron I need to change something I’m dominating now. All star? ⭐️ Will my experience translate or is the “cheat” still on?

Go Hawks!!!

IMG_2327.jpeg

IMG_2328.jpeg

IMG_2329.jpeg

IMG_2330.jpeg

IMG_2331.jpeg

IMG_2332.jpeg

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, hylndr11 said:

this one is already over, i would be shocked, this team is destroying teams with size and shooting, wonder how they got there

I wouldn't be so sure about that.  OKC played a massive game last night and won.  This morning the world woke up and realized that OKC is really really good.  They are the talk of NBA radio all day.   They just came off a stretch where they won 10 of 12 and trounced several contenders in the process.  They have a massive January schedule coming up.  They're playing a team/franchise that would best be described as a laughing stock to the rest of the league.

This has trap game written all over it for OKC.   I wouldn't be surprised if ATL gets the win tonight.

• Like 2

A reversal of fortunes!  I like those percentages @Spud2nique

These guys may be shooting damn near a 50% clip while holding opponents to 44%.  And 6 or more guys shooting over 40% from 3…   But those #’s are gonna start trending the other way…..starting tonight!  New Month…New Attitude.  Let’s bring it!

35D65F88-4748-4636-8987-C7219033FC2C.gif.ac0b54af550a52994413647d0aaa55da.gif

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, shakes said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that.  OKC played a massive game last night and won.  This morning the world woke up and realized that OKC is really really good.  They are the talk of NBA radio all day.   They just came off a stretch where they won 10 of 12 and trounced several contenders in the process.  They have a massive January schedule coming up.  They're playing a team/franchise that would best be described as a laughing stock to the rest of the league.

This has trap game written all over it for OKC.   I wouldn't be surprised if ATL gets the win tonight.

Aww but that would make you cry if your favorite team lost. 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

I'm excited for all of you to get to see a team that actually plays the game the right way on both ends.

You're going to see something tonight you've never seen in the 6 years I've followed the Hawks.....guys making back door cuts.    Watching OKC play is like watching Princeton beat UCLA back in the 90s.  They also move the ball, very rare taht the ball stops.  And guys actually move without the ball.

They have the best mid range player in the league in SGA and JDub isn't far behind him.

And everyone busts their ass on defense.

They really are a joy to watch and a refreshing change from the crap we watch night in night out.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, shakes said:

We usually struggle vs the elite PG's.. 

Maybe theyll take pride in playing DEFENSE tonight..

OKC should have tired legs, but theyre young and hungry so we'll see..

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I’m jealous of the Thunder and how their rebuild has gone. I’m sure they’d love a championship on their OKC resume, but between this rebuild and the previous KD, young Russ, and young Harden rebuild, they have come out rather nicely talent wise both times.

• Like 1

I’m pretty impressed with Chet Holmgren thus far.  Wasn’t expecting him to be quite as productive offensively as he’s been.  Productive, sure, but he’s been that and then some. Has some pretty decent handles for 7’1 too.  Caught me off guard a little last night with some of his drives.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Chrimturn said:

I’m pretty impressed with Chet Holmgren thus far.  Wasn’t expecting him to be quite as productive offensively as he’s been.  Productive, sure, but he’s been that and then some. Has some pretty decent handles for 7’1 too.  Caught me off guard a little last night with some of his drives.

If I was more skilled I would insert the Die Hard "welcome to the party pal" GIF

• Haha 2

• Moderators

No additions to the inactive list for OKC as of the 5:30 PM update. Lightly-used third-stringers Tre Mann, Davis Bertans and Aleksej Pokusevski were all DNP-CD'd yesterday vs. BOS, while developmental big Ousmane Dieng and the two-way players were deemed Inactive.

~lw3

• Like 1