• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Thunder "at" Hawks

lethalweapon3

Just now, Bonzaii58 said:

JJ makes me so nervous sometimes when he falls. He always goes down in the worst way 

I'd rather him land on his face than stick out those hands, lol

• Haha 3

So let me give some insight on something that does happen (though less often than you think). Teams assemble video packages on players who they think get the shaft with the whistle. You pretty much reserve it for top 3 scorers and the evidence has to be overwhelming.  Referees do not like the oversight. You kind of need 7-10 games of evidence and at least 5 crews. You need to show a pattern of evidence.  This isn't about complaining about not getting individual calls, it's about respect.

A typical team would submit audit tapes 3-5 times a year. I would not be surprised if Jalen is our next submission. This stuff is never in the media and is a private process for referee improvement.  The reality is refs need to cover teams 10-15 times to learn what new starters bring, yhe type of plays they're typically involved in, their moves, etc. Until then, they miss calls all the time

For example, the blocking call on Jalen earlier should have been a charge, but refs call those blocking all the time because 85% of bigs can't get set as easy as a guard. They're making an assumption call. Once shown proof the player can the assumption changes. It isn't fair but until you ref. Game at this speed, normies cant possibly understand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Bonzaii58 said:

Do we look better without Hunter? 🤔

Ask me after the game 🤓.

Seriously though I'd rather not have to play Forrest and Mathews and Bey's defense is awful.

1 minute ago, Bonzaii58 said:

Do we look better without Hunter? 🤔

Amazing what just a few more guys and a little more hustle can do huh?

They keep this up everybody might pick their game up a notch.  Dare I say Hunter, too?

8 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

JJ is untouchable. You don't trade away a 21 year old that can do those things. 

Crowd was going crazy.. He can make Ressler ALOT of money....He's staying for sure.. lol

Ive been on that JJ train since day 1... Trade him and I might go track LF down or something...😅

Best draft pick we've had in a while..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2