• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

DJ saved Bogi's ass..

Because he was due to be flamed for fumbling the ball out of bounds.

DJ saved OO's ass...

Because those dumb ass fouls... especially the last one on a 3 pt shot....

Don't trade DJ!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

How you really feel Bonk?

Winning a single game without Trae isn’t a big deal tho.  Most teams can manage and function for a game or two without any high end player outside generational guys like Steph, Jokic, and LeBron.  Besides the Hawks have won 43% of their games without him, 45% with.  He’s a 2% milk difference 😆

I feel really good lol

I make it known that I dislike Trae and would get rid of him in a heartbeat

giphy.gif

Now to face the Cavs on ANOTHER back-to-back while they are rested. What gives? All 4 games vs Cleveland they have a rest advantage. All 4 are on the second game of a Hawks back-to-back.  smh

• Like 1

I like Snyder but I do have some questions about his decision making. 

I loved what we got from Patty tonight. Why don’t we play him more? He is a sniper shooter and a great vet presence. 

AJ.. what’s the deal? He has a ton of potential. If it’s something personal - I get it. But why not send him to the g league and get some reps in? 

and if I recall correctly, one of the reasons Quinn was brought in was to manage big personalities. Can he not do that with Trae and DJ? Clearly something is off when they play together but after tonight it’s clear DJ is excellent when he is playing PG. his natural role. I think it would be a mistake to trade him because the team really seems to rally around him and compete when he leads more. 

I want to keep Trae if possible. But we would be going further backwards to trade Murray right now. I hope I wake up in the morning and hear that they’ve taken him off the trade block. If Ressler really wants to win - then this is a no brainer. Fix the front court. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Threezus said:

I know im probably still in the minority here but if i had to move one of Trae or Murray i would move Trae.   To me for the extra you gain on offense from Trae you make up for it on defense from Murray at the PG position if you let Murray guard his natural position and not SG.  Trae overall is still a bit better player but their is also a 15 mil in cap space difference and in a trae i can legit get a superstar back for Trae where as i couldn't for murray.    I feel if we traded Trae for a Brown, Durant, KAT etc...  We could have a more complete team overall.   Again this isn't a knock on Trae this is actually a credit to him that he would bring back much more and help on cap  for a smaller step down at that position to have a bigger gain at a more needed position.

I agree

But they gotta make the pairing work.. Trae isnt going anywhere.. We all know that..

Fix the wing and frontcourt first.. Go from there..

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

I agree

But they gotta make the pairing work.. Trae isnt going anywhere.. We all know that..

Fix the wing and frontcourt first.. Go from there..

Oh i know without Trae asking to leave he isn't going anywhere.  I was more so saying if i had to move one of them thats the way i would go about it for the betterment long term of the team.  To me you still have to upgrade PF and Center for sure with bigger guys.  Jalen is a big SF for the most part and a elite rebounder for a SF.  That helps alot with length and defense around Trae to start.  Capela and Onyeka aren't getting the job done though.   Capela or Onyeka would probably be ok if you had a stretch star PF like KAT next to them though.

Edited by Threezus

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

WTH is this schedule....

:blanky:

I wonder are the Cavs already in Atlanta walking around Lenox mall like they were last time?  Isn't this freakin De Ja Vu??

Didn't the last time we played the Cavs... for us it was a back to back coming off the road and for them, they had been in Atlanta for like 3 days chillin?  They probably had lunch at the Meehans... (I know) and then they watched the game with Trae at Trae's house. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Nash said:

I swear to God if Saddiq continues cold shooting streak he'll be below 10% from 3 before ASB lol

For the next 2 games, I just want Siddiq to focus on driving and attacking the rim... NO THREES...

• Like 1