• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat

lethalweapon3

38 minutes ago, Chrimturn said:

Maybe we don’t have the whole scoop, but it’s baffling to me that Q hasn’t shook it up more than he has up to this point.  Seems content on rolling with the same ‘ol same ‘ol.  Now I’ll contradict myself a little here and say he did kind of do that last night with Trae being out and the extended minutes of those off the bench.  So there’s that.  

And I get it, he’s playing the cards he was dealt.  But some of the hands he’s been laying down are just flat out bewildering.  I don’t know if he’s in a tug of war with the FO and doing it intentionally until he gets his way with this team or what?  I know he sees it.

I can only compare it to a movie with a guy flying a jet through a canyon.  They make you think he’s going Mach whatever.  Tight corners and narrow passes.  Then suddenly he’s starring at the canyon wall coming up.  It’s dead ahead.  He’s flying straight at it.  He’s running out of time.  Alarms are going off.  The dramatic music kicks in and the moment becomes intense.  He’s thinking of what to do.  Meanwhile….I’m sitting on the couch and yelling at the TV, “Pull up dumb_ _ _!!!  Pull up”!!!

Sigh.  3 game win streak and here I am ranting.  Ugh.  Carry on. 🤦🏻‍♂️

I agree with chimichurri! 🥩 :yes:

Not gonna lie I’m still pumped… 😡 

Ps Special lady asked if I could channel this focus into going to the grocery store 🏬 for a couple items.. 😕 

@kg01 I side eyed her like ok but… 

{this isn’t over 🚶‍♀️ away}…

Feel like I’m gettin punked by 🥛 and 🍞 now.. 

DJ got me amped 😯 #cantstop … #hopefullywontstop.. #gititgitit 💃 

IMG_2691.jpeg

IMG_2689.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bonzaii58 said:

When DJ said “don’t ever let anybody punk you” that did it for me. Miami has always punked us because we’ve historically played soft and predictable offensively. This guy has the culture we need to build here and we’re willing to let him walk out the door for peanuts 🤦🏽‍♀️

Snyder has GOT to figure out how to make Trae and DJ work. They need to take him off the trade market right now and make Snyder use that basketball savvy intelligence and figure it out. 

DJ has the mental toughness that we need as a TEAM. He plays better as a natural PG. the team plays better when he leading in that way and we make less mistakes / turnovers. They clearly feed off of his energy which causes the team to lock in more. Guys are involved.. 

trae can still be our superstar. But he will either need to be open to playing more off ball or doing something else that Snyder needs to figure out. Either way, it makes no sense to trade DJ - right now at least. We simply gave up too much to not try again. 

it may mean literately putting every other player on the trade market to make it work but (OO, Capela, Hunter, Bey, AJ) should all be on the table. Shoot, maybe even bufkin should be on the table to go find us bigs who can defend around Trae and Murray. 

I know our FO loves Bufkin and I’ve heard reports that he is an untouchable but we can’t keep everybody if we seriously want to compete right now. 

seems like it’s too many cooks in the FO office to make a decision on this but they need to be decisive, bold and put the chips in. 

I keep telling NC that Murray is a better PG but dude loves Trae. 

Trae is a better passer, scorer, shooter. And PnR player but Murray runs the scheme a lot better. He can play off the ball which helps everyone.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3

On 1/20/2024 at 9:29 AM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Hawks played a better defensive game vs Orlando, with Trae and DJ on the court.

But in the last 2 games, we've seen Bey play excellent defense on Banchero and JJ play excellent defense as a frontcourt rover.

Orlando offense is ass. Bro, stop it. []

• Haha 1

I'm super glad for the game winners but folks see the last play and literally forget everything else. Like 2 plays before that we 'ran offense' that resulted in panic passes and bad shots.  I want Murray here but he is in no way a better PG.  Sheesh. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, kg01 said:

Goalpost moving and there's no need to insult the man.  If you have a good point, just make it. 

Lmao, you take shots at me every chance you get. This dude clearly nut hugging Trae. We all know Murray is a million times better on defense than Trae when he plays PG

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Lmao, you take shots at me every chance you get. This dude clearly nut hugging Trae. We all know Murray is a million times better on defense than Trae when he plays PG

Well he's not gonna play pg here so no need to even go there.  Also, explain why he's been not great on D even in the non-Trae minutes.

And I take shots at you but I don't cross lines of being purposely insulting like that.  I question your takes, I don't question your manhood or intelligence. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Well he's not gonna play pg here so no need to even go there.  Also, explain why he's been not great on D even in the non-Trae minutes.

And I take shots at you but I don't cross lines of being purposely insulting like that.  I question your takes, I don't question your manhood or intelligence. 

Bro, chill. He made a shit opinion and you back me up only to act like your against me which makes no sense. Stop doing that, it's annoying

• Confused 1

47 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I keep telling NC that Murray is a better PG but dude loves Trae. 

Trae is a better passer, scorer, shooter. And PnR player but Murray runs the scheme a lot better. He can play off the ball which helps everyone.

As I tell you always when you have hot takes like these . . . prove it.

Give us a masterful breakdown of why DJ is a better PG than Trae.  Show statistical and video evidence of this including and outside of this game, that illustrate how DJ is a better point than Trae.  A one of two game sample size isn't going to cut it.

Once again, I'm not anti-DJ.  I know he and Trae can co-exist and work with each other.  Coach and front office simply have to put the right people around them.

But go ahead.  Prove what you are saying and let's see the evidence. 

No more saying my name like I'm Beetlejuice.

Take some time to formulate your thoughts and extensively break it down.

Bet you can't do it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

As I tell you always when you have hot takes like these . . . prove it.

Give us a masterful breakdown of why DJ is a better PG than Trae.  Show statistical and video evidence of this including and outside of this game, that illustrate how DJ is a better point than Trae.  A one of two game sample size isn't going to cut it.

Once again, I'm not anti-DJ.  I know he and Trae can co-exist and work with each other.  Coach and front office simply have to put the right people around them.

But go ahead.  Prove what you are saying and let's see the evidence. 

No more saying my name like I'm Beetlejuice.

Take some time to formulate your thoughts and extensively break it down.

Bet you can't do it.

I never seen someone who loved being as wrong as you do

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Goalpost moving and there's no need to insult the man.  If you have a good point, just make it. 

He can't do it.

I spent a full week plus not even responding to any of his posts, just to see how many times he would respond to a post I made, or say my name in a post.  I counted almost 15 times before I responded to one of his post for the first time last night.

You remember that cartoon with the little dog Chester, that always tried to get the big dog's attention on Looney Tunes?  That's how I see him.  I'm Spike.  He's Chester.

I think it's hilarious.

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Orlando is 23rd in offensive rating (112.2)

Miami is 20th (113.8)

We held Orlando to 104, with Trae.(-8.2)

We held Miami to 108, without (-5.8)

I don’t think discrediting Orlando is the best way to make your point in this case.

Even if you add in the 2.5 point spread for being home vs away then it was an identical defensive impact on both teams with or without DJ at PG, or Trae in the lineup.

The truth is that Quinn has made schematic adjustments after we got embarrassed by the Wizards, and we are playing to the strengths of our bigs  in drop as well as masking the weaknesses of Bey and Bogi who get routinely killed on backdoor cuts.

There is a 3 game sample size of us playing better defense and winning, and 2 of those games include Trae Young at PG.

Let’s let things play out a bit longer before making conclusions about our defensive ceiling with our new approach. After all, we were playing half decent defense in October and early November. Not to mention, your boy hasn’t even played a game since JJ has been back in the lineup. I’m sure his otherworldly impact is going to do wonders for our defensive potential compared to having Bey in the starting lineup.

You really think Miami when healthy offensively is near Orlando who is bad offensively. Some of this is common sense and you guys are delusional af about it

Edited by NBASupes

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I can't be the only one that notices, when the unbiased numbers don't match the opinion, the numbers get ignored.

Odd. 

Screeeeeeeech

(Goal posts moving sound) 

Also when it comes to Orlando, they've been missing their 2nd best player.  Franz Wagner hasn't played since Jan 3rd, and the Magic are 3 - 5 in those games playing an extremely difficult schedule.