• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat

lethalweapon3

14 minutes ago, Nash said:

What a win lol. We lose this game with both DJ  and Trae on the floor in the last 5 minutes. Weak defense due to lack of size and no game plan at all

Im glad we have 2 talented pg's, but It is hard to see them being their best on the same team.

Quite the conundrum.

Haliburton with 15 assists and ZERO turnovers so far.. Man...

Hawks should go after Jerami Grant if we're not tanking.. lol

He doesnt fit the Blazers timeline at all..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

And the Kings will have I think 4 days off before Monday's game.

NBA hates the Hawks..lol

Its not just the officials..  smh

• Sad 2

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, terrell said:

Im glad we have 2 talented pg's, but It is hard to see them being their best on the same team.

Quite the conundrum.

image.png  image.png  image.png

• Zeke = 6'1" 180
  • Dumars = 6'3 190.

How did these guys do so well being so small?  That's what everybody's gripe is right??  Size.  or Both Being PGs....  They played in a more physical era than today.   How did they make it?

image.png

They put them on the floor with the biggest... most defensive guys that were playing at that time.  Guys who had skills but at the same time had size! And nobody was Sawft!

We can do that here.  Get some bigs here who are BBIQ smart, defensive and not sawft... but some of these sacred cows got to go.   IF this is what Quin is calling for, then I agree. 

I'm willing to give Hunter a chance.  Like I said, I would see what we look like now... with Trae, DJ, Hunter, JJ, and Clint.   But My eyes would be focused on what 3 or 4 could I put beside JJ and what 5 could I get to make this work.  Trading DJ or Trae is just quitting and starting over.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That's piss poor coaching, in my opinion.

Bey actually had his best plays going to the basket.  So why keep encouraging him to take corner 3s that he's bricking?

I would put Bey on 3 pt restriction for 2 games.   Have him drive everytime he has the ball and an open lane.   That's when he's at his best offensively.  I would revisit the three point shot, but for now, become a slashing threat.   I want to see him with a few of those JJ finishes. 

• Premium Member

I just finished watching the game and hereby I declare I'm 100% in opposition to a Murray trade.

In spite of the bone headed hero ball play that almost cost us the game, the guy just balled out there. 

It's very good to see a team with no BS in them for a change. Also kudos to Patty, Garrison and Onyeka, bench crew did their job last night. 

Can't wait to see the idiots at the helm trade his very friendly contract in exchange for a bag of rotten peanuts. :ahf:

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Has nothing to do with playing more zone and drop coverage to eliminate the backcuts that have been our achilles heel, Im sure.

It’s only Trae’s absence.

Even though the defense gave up even less points the previous 2 games (99, 104) with him in the lineup.

So is it Trae or is it a strategy adjustment? 

I think we need to reexamine the first statement.  Was the defense much better?  Jimmy Butler says... didn't stop me.

• The Heat shot 46.3% from the field. 
  • The Magic shot 44.3% from the field. 
  • The Heat shot 38% from three. 
  • The Magic shot 28% from three. 
  • We got 16 steals and 8 blocks against the Magic
  • We got 6 steals and 2 blocks against the Heat. 
  • Jimmy Butler shot 80%.   Bam Shot 47%.   Herro shot 52%.  Caleb shot 44%

These are the kind of strawman that we get caught up arguing.. .We make ourselves believe that there was something better since Trae was not playing.. and we call .. it was the defense.    

The agendas here are so thick...  too many people passing these agenda that we start to believe whatever they post.   Our defense wasn't much better.  Our defense was actually not great.   We didn't stop them until late in the 4th.   What was better was our scoring from Patty and Garrison .. namely our 3 pt shooting.  We shot 43% from three.  We made 15 three pointers. 

Our defense= Better...

That's cap.

image.png

• Like 1