• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Rockets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

15 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Both Trae and DJ could learn from Kobe, by watching this defensive technique.  Playing defense with your body to prevent drives to the basket ( instead of solely with your arms and hands ), is the way good on ball defenders slow down and stop people.  As Kobe gets more playing time, it will be interesting to see if in the minutes he plays results in better team defense in any lineup that he's in.

His lateral quickness is better than both players. Kobe was staying in front of Green. That's one of the quickest guards in the association. That's impressive and he didn't body him like most try to do. Kobe showed two way potential at Michigan. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

AJ been dealing with mental health. He's gonna be in College Park after the break

I wonder if he has religious objections to medication. It's probably time for him to go on a psychiatric medication.

Edited by bleachkit

36 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I gotta throw a flag on this one, bl.  Unnecessary speculation.  15 yards, repeat 1st down. 

Psychiatric medication can help. If you are having ongoing mental health issues that are causing you to miss work, it's something to seriously consider, under the care of a doctor of course. I don't see what's so controversial about my statement.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Psychiatric medication can help. If you are having ongoing mental health issues that are causing you to miss work, it's something to seriously consider, under the care of a doctor of course. I don't see what's so controversial about my statement.

I think he was poopooing your over-the-internet psychiatric advice to someone you've never even met.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

I think he was poopooing your over-the-internet psychiatric advice to someone you've never even met.

We speculate on injuries , why should this be any different? He has missed nearly an entire season due to mental health issues. It's documented he had mental health issues in high school as well. Sounds to me like he needs psychiatric care, or should consider it at the very least. There is nothing controversial about what I'm saying. 

• Thanks 1

You said its probably time for him to go on medication - that statement from someone who is not his doctor is out of bounds, in my view. 

I would be embarrassed for him to read your statement, and our responses to it, as his MENTAL health and offering ways to improve/fix things is none of our f***ing business, on a public message forum.

In my opinion.

Edited by mountainjim
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, mountainjim said:

You said its probably time for him to go on medication - that statement from someone who is not his doctor is out of bounds, in my view. 

I would be embarrassed for him to read your statement, and our responses to it, as his MENTAL health and offering ways to improve/fix things is none of our f***ing business, on a public message forum.

In my opinion.

Um, this is a Hawks forum where we talk about what's going on with Hawks players. If a player has missed nearly an entire season due to mental health issues, maybe medication should be considered. No I'm not his psychiatrist. If a guy has missed a long time with an injury, maybe surgery should be considered. No I'm not his orthopedic surgeon either. Clearly you believe psychiatric medication is this last resort terrible thing, I don't know what else you're having such a strong reaction to the suggestion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Eh, yall know me well enough to know I don't take much that serious here.  In this case, I simply thought the suggestion that he go on medication was a little bit much considering we know literally zero about what's going on.  

"Mental health" is too vague for us to make blind assumptions.  And we can't compare this to, for example, a knee injury.  Not the same thang.  Both are speculation, but there are a finite number of treatment options for a physical injury.  Treating a person's mental health is much more 'grey', wouldn't you agree? 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Eh, yall know me well enough to know I don't take much that serious here.  In this case, I simply thought the suggestion that he go on medication was a little bit much considering we know literally zero about what's going on.  

"Mental health" is too vague for us to make blind assumptions.  And we can't compare this to, for example, a knee injury.  Not the same thang.  Both are speculation, but there are a finite number of treatment options for a physical injury.  Treating a person's mental health is much more 'grey', wouldn't you agree? 

Yes it's more grey. But missing nearly an entire season due to mental health issues is unusual and concerning. Wouldnt that be a fair statement? I work in this field, and if someone came to me and told me they missed months of work, I would say it might be time to consider some treatment options. No I'm not claiming to have access to his full psychiatric evaluation, I'm just speaking generally.

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 2

Mental health is still somewhat a mystery to many of us.  The one mental health problem that most of us are somewhat familiar with happens to us old folk.  Dementia is a terrible, incurable disease. The mind slowly leaves us, and the body remains for some time before it goes.

AJ Griffin has an entirely different problem.  Some of us are aware that some mental illnesses can be treated with drugs. Some cannot.  I'm sure that the Hawks have experts available to decide what and how to treat this illness.

All Squawk posters wish AJ good health and get well soon!

:smug:

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 3