• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Rockets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

He didn't play enough early to make a determination, his minutes were so limited early in the season.   3:14, 1:11 (G3 and 4), 1:52 G47 - total of 6+ minutes.

He played enough to be evaluated and it wasn't pretty. He was looking like a bust. His G-League work looked good and like I said previously, I liken him to a former Hawk, Jason Terry. 

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Lateral quickness. It's a god given athletic trait that cant be taught.  

He looked good. I was impressed. I seen some of this in the G-League but it's hard to really say because there really aren't NBA level attackers in the G-league with the handles and athleticism that you see in the NBA. Guys like Jalen Green just don't exist but on the Ignite and those guys are too raw. 

Been battling adversity all season.  7 guys that have the ability to go for 20 on any given night.  And guys are still going in and out missing games.  Lightbulb is starting to go on and it’s nice to see them finding ways to win with the continuos carrousel of lineups.  Granted luck might have something to do with that regarding certain matchups.  But the potential is there to cause some ruckus if they can get and stay healthy the rest of the way.

• Like 4

Just finished it. DJ mad 😡 and playing like it. Loved his performance tonight he played like an all star 🌟 and specially loved the way he handled Brooks. Man, that dude be trying to tag folks in the groin area too often. That ain’t right. DJ took him to school.

Bey! Can’t say enough about his performance the last few games but tonight he was a man amongst boys. He fought and fought and gave 110% effort with intent! 

Not trading away DJ and Bey was a win win 🥇 for us no doubt. 

JJ is incredible and super efficient. Dude glides to the rim with the ability to pass and score and boards really well. He keeps surprising me every game. 💗 me some JJ, fun watch no doubt. 

OO is coming along as well with that one emphatic slam that got me up off my chair like AAAAANNNNNNDDDD 11111!!! MY BOI!

Lets beat the Bulls on Monday and keep this rolling.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I'm trying so hard not to make something of someone saying six minutes total all season of a rookie in garbage time gives you an informed opinion of them. Bro...

Good win tonight. I missed last night and this night's game due to Columbus River Dragons (we won both games btw). This team is really playing with more energy. It is really a good sign to see all the injuries and we still find ways to win.

It's easy. You see what he's playing like and it's clear if he needs to be out there or not. It was clear he didn't and his play in the preseason or SL didn't help his case unless Gueye who had a good SL but his small minutes, he looked out of place at this stage but his SL play was promising. 

Since we did we need a lot of minutes. It took me less than two minutes to see we could be in trouble with Adriean Payne or Pape Sy. I always go to the fact that I liked Kobe as a prospect which gave him the benefit of doubt. I hated Payne as a prospect so it was more like him proven me right. That said, RIP AP. I hope your family is doing well young brother. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sothron said:

I'm trying so hard not to make something of someone saying six minutes total all season of a rookie in garbage time gives you an informed opinion of them. Bro...

Good win tonight. I missed last night and this night's game due to Columbus River Dragons (we won both games btw). This team is really playing with more energy. It is really a good sign to see all the injuries and we still find ways to win.

Yep.  Good call.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sothron said:

One can get an impression after just a few minutes.  One cannot get an evaluation after just a few minutes. 

And river dragons aren't real, saffron.  Maybe lay off the magic 'shrooms. 

18 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

You could tell Bufkin was deferring to DJ or Trae.. It's totally understandable as a lead guard rookie to do that when he gets big game action. 

I noticed that as well.  The good thing is he didn't look overwhelmed on either end. 

Makes me wish AJ had done gleague time.  I'm sure, amidst everything else hes going thru, he probably feels he didn't need it.  But sometimes you just gotta play the proverbial game.  Especially for a GM that didn't pick you. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, kg01 said:

One can get an impression after just a few minutes.  One cannot get an evaluation after just a few minutes. 

And river dragons aren't real, saffron.  Maybe lay off the magic 'shrooms. 

I noticed that as well.  The good thing is he didn't look overwhelmed on either end. 

Makes me wish AJ had done gleague time.  I'm sure, amidst everything else hes going thru, he probably feels he didn't need it.  But sometimes you just gotta play the proverbial game.  Especially for a GM that didn't pick you. 

AJ been dealing with mental health. He's gonna be in College Park after the break

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1