• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Jazz at Hawks

lethalweapon3

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I love Trae and we definitely need him in the playoffs but in the RS, man, our defense is just so much better without his - 20. Even the drop coverages looked tremendous tonight from Clint and Bruno. Even JJ had some nice moments at the 5

Its quite obvious

• Like 2

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Im finally seeing glimpses why Landry was pumped about grabbing Kobe at 15

He wasn't the only one. Go back to the draft threads. I was very happy with that pick. He's a left handed version of DJM pre ACL tear. 

The way Kobe is a POA defender is how DJM played for the SAS when he got that All Defense team nod. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I love Trae and we definitely need him in the playoffs but in the RS, man, our defense is just so much better without his - 20. Even the drop coverages looked tremendous tonight from Clint and Bruno. Even JJ had some nice moments at the 5

More like it’s crazy when you only play ONE SMALL GUARD ON THE FLOOR instead of two constantly like we usually do. If you want to improve the defense, you have to end the point guard stagger. BUT nobody wants to hear that. I’m sad we will probably not see Trae and Kobe on the floor together once this season. Dejounte didn’t even have a good game tonight. Our forwards did a great job (and pray they are healthy because if one of them get injured, the season is over). Jalen did a fantastic job tonight. Clear number option on this team tonight and probably moving forward until Trae comes back. Bufkin was fantastic and was a player they needed for a long time. 

Trade Dejounte, start Kobe at the two next season and see where we go from there. We got our winning trio: Trae, Kobe, Jalen. Let’s see what we can go from there 

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Special

No doubt. He’s one of the best forwards driving the ball down the opponents throat. He’s got his head up and really has incredible vision for his size and skills. Truly special is the right word.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AHF said:

I love the logic of people here.   We’ve had 900 minutes of play without Trae on the floor this season and haven’t seen good defense until the last 96 minutes.  But surely it is all about Trae.  He was holding them back from the bench all season.  His top 10 steals, deflections, and charges drawn were an insurmountable obstacle to playing even remotely competent defense most nights.  Please.

This team has been garbage on D all year with or without Trae on the floor.  Loving seeing everyone step their game up lately but this is like blaming OO for the bad defense since he is out too.  

Hunter healthy, Kobe playing, JJ coming of age, DJM not getting abused at the SG position, etc. are much bigger factors than whether OO or Trae are on the floor.  I’m definitely not arguing that DJM isn’t better defending points but again we had 900 minutes this season to see the team be dramatically better on D without Trae and we never saw them look like this.

This is on point! Smh.  

Edited by deester11
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

More like it’s crazy when you only play ONE SMALL GUARD ON THE FLOOR instead of two constantly like we usually do. If you want to improve the defense, you have to end the point guard stagger. BUT nobody wants to hear that. I’m sad we will probably not see Trae and Kobe on the floor together once this season. Dejounte didn’t even have a good game tonight. Our forwards did a great job (and pray they are healthy because if one of them get injured, the season is over). Jalen did a fantastic job tonight. Clear number option on this team tonight and probably moving forward until Trae comes back. Bufkin was fantastic and was a player they needed for a long time. 

Trade Dejounte, start Kobe at the two next season and see where we go from there. We got our winning trio: Trae, Kobe, Jalen. Let’s see what we can go from there 

Murray is a very good defender at PG. Trae is not and then Murray is not a good defender at the 2. It limits us massively but it doesn't change the fact that Trae athleticism and measurements are the prime reason why he's constantly picked on especially off the ball

• Like 3

8 hours ago, AHF said:

I love the logic of people here.   We’ve had 900 minutes of play without Trae on the floor this season and haven’t seen good defense until the last 96 minutes.  But surely it is all about Trae.  He was holding them back from the bench all season.  His top 10 steals, deflections, and charges drawn were an insurmountable obstacle to playing even remotely competent defense most nights.  Please.

This team has been garbage on D all year with or without Trae on the floor.  Loving seeing everyone step their game up lately but this is like blaming OO for the bad defense since he is out too.  

Hunter healthy, Kobe playing, JJ coming of age, DJM not getting abused at the SG position, etc. are much bigger factors than whether OO or Trae are on the floor.  I’m definitely not arguing that DJM isn’t better defending points but again we had 900 minutes this season to see the team be dramatically better on D without Trae and we never saw them look like this.

I give this a 9.765 out of 10.

You would've gotten that last 0.235 if you would've stopped mid-sermon and asked, "Now can I getta amen?!", and smacked the 1st lady on the butt. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Before we get carried away with RS results, let's remember, the playoffs is a completely different beast and Trae is one of the best in the world at it

Who are you and what have you done with the hotSupes I know and hate? 😆

• Haha 3

We can all certainly let it play out the rest of the season. It's two games... only 15+ games can be the true judge if our defensive drastically improves which results in winning games. OFFENSE WAS NEVER THE ISSUE!

WE ALL WANTED TO SEE LOTS OF BUFKIN BECAUSE HE WAS READY TO BE OUR STAR POA DEFENDER... WE ARE FINALLY BASKING IN THIS!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!! I was about to explode there if Quin played vets in the 2nd half.

Edited by theheroatl