• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Jazz at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, deester11 said:

I was no fan of the Kobe pick and it's not because of him I just wanted another "Cam" (Whitmore)on the team and thought he fit better.  That being said, the defending part of Kobe's game is legit. His offense I'm not worried about either.  This begs me question his usage going forward.  I'm excited about him just like I was JJ. But waiting for the other pieces to make this team relevant again is making me old.  I feel like Grey Mule. 😂😂

IMG_0014.gif

I question the fit.  Seems like a pick for potential post-Trae years which i don't like to think about.  I do think he's a better fit next to Trae than DJ.  He seems to be a stronger one on one defender (limited sample size).  

Still you hope he's destined to be a starter but i guess being Trae's backup next year isn't a bad thing. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I love Trae and we definitely need him in the playoffs but in the RS, man, our defense is just so much better without his - 20. Even the drop coverages looked tremendous tonight from Clint and Bruno. Even JJ had some nice moments at the 5

download.jpg.0aeab7fd4227317b0115218f19ba55b4.jpg

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

He's not ready.  He's much better off from a developmental standpoint to play at College Park than get 4 minutes in Atlanta.  

Same with AJ

Hes been horrible since Quin got here..

Edited by terrell

IMO, Kobe wasn't ever going to be a fit pick. This FO always stated they take the best player available.

I'm glad they've done this for years.. JJ, AJ, etc. 

It gives a better hit percentage than taking fits. Which many teams still do weirdly.

15 hours ago, TheBigETrain said:

This team looks much better without Trae

These last couple of games don't prove much(small sample size), but they do open the door up more to Quin and Landry(if they didnt already know) that the Trae-Murray fit is one of the primary problems.........

It's not the only problem of course, but their offensive games don't compliment each other very well IMO.

They dont pick up the slack for what the other is bad at on the offensive end.

Both are good facilitators, but neither is a great knock down shooter(streaky), or plays that well off the ball. It makes it tough for them to feed off one another, so they just take turns on offense.

And defensively, its just a damn disaster.. 

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I question the fit.  Seems like a pick for potential post-Trae years which i don't like to think about.  I do think he's a better fit next to Trae than DJ.  He seems to be a stronger one on one defender (limited sample size).  

Still you hope he's destined to be a starter but i guess being Trae's backup next year isn't a bad thing. 

He's a good fit long term with Trae because while he is good with the ball, he doesn't have to have the ball.  He's willing to be a spot up jump shooter where Murray isn't.  He may also be a better on the ball defender than Murray and can play bigger.  

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

His screen navigation is some of the best I've seen, he moves like water on defense, it's beautiful.  I think the time in College Park was probably well spent refining his game, and for his confidence

He leads with his hips/core and lower body and is very fluid. Deandre tries to play like that at times but he's too stiff. Can't wait to see Mouhamed Gueye, all the players gas him up too much for him not to be good player.

Hawks can potentially turnaround this embarrassment of a season next year if they draft the right players and beef up the bench.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, terrell said:

These last couple of games don't prove much(small sample size), but they do open the door up more to Quin and Landry(if they didnt already know) that the Trae-Murray fit is one of the primary problems.........

It's not the only problem of course, but their offensive games don't compliment each other very well IMO.

They dont pick up the slack for what the other is bad at on the offensive end.

Both are good facilitators, but neither is a great knock down shooter(streaky), or plays that well off the ball. It makes it tough for them to feed off one another, so they just take turns on offense.

And defensively, its just a damn disaster.. 

Trae likes playing with chuckers/scorers. Michael Porter Jr, Bogi, Gallo, even AJ played well next to him. It's not pretty when guys play too methodical.

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Jazz are really something bad.

Fixed.

6 hours ago, bleachkit said:

What's going on with Mouhamed Gueye? We could use him. 

He's assigned to the GL. They play tonight, maybe tonight is the night we finally see him?

5 hours ago, Nash said:

Hawks didn't record 2 consecutive wins with a net rating of 44 points the entire season. Not even against  tanking teams, let alone PO contenders. Not when fully healthy and eager to play. The reason for it is Trae and DJM pairing. Neither can guard their positions. Neither can play without the ball. Neither is a good catch and shoot 3pt shooter. They just starve each other and we're mainly playing 4 on 5 with both on the floor. The only player on this team that can play 1, 2, 3 and is a good catch and shoot guy is Bogi (3rd in the league) but his minutes get cut from 35+ to 26min hurting his confidence. Bogi's more valuable on the floor than on the bench even on the nights when the shots are not falling in as the floor looks wide open and JJ and DJM have wide open driving lanes. Can't wait for the next 3 road games to see how this lineup looks on the road.

Trae is not a good catch and shoot guy? Really? That's....something. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Sensabaugh is a lil fatty but he moves a bit.

He also needs to work on his handles, not with the 🏀 but rather the luuuuuuuuuuuvvvvvv. @kg01 deal with that on a hump day :dance:

He need to do some push-backs ... push back from the table, baybeeee!!  Between him and THT, what they eating out in Salt Lake? 

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He need to do some push-backs ... push back from the table, baybeeee!!  Between him and THT, what they eating out in Salt Lake? 

😂 trade him to New Orleans and let the freak show begin! 🍿 🤣 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

Trae is not a good catch and shoot guy? Really? That's....something. 

No he's not. Bogi's in the top 3 right after Markkanen and Klay with 2.7 FGM per game. Trae is not in top 200 with 0.8 fgm. He's even worse than Saddiq, Dre or DJM. 

• Premium Member

I can see the gameplan a little.

When you look at our drafting since Dre...

JJ, OO, AJ, Kobe, Gueye, Seth....   we have some young guys who may fill some roles... but they could also be used as trade fodder if needed.     Based on our most pressing need, this offseason has to be a time where we get a Big.  I know many people talk about BPA but right now that doesn't really apply to us.   We need a Big.   After that a Big SG.  although I like Kobe's size.. if he's not going to be a BU 2, we need a 2 with size. 

In a strange turn of events, I can see us somehow getting Brown from the Celts to pair up with Trae. 

2 hours ago, Nash said:

No he's not. Bogi's in the top 3 right after Markkanen and Klay with 2.7 FGM per game. Trae is not in top 200 with 0.8 fgm. He's even worse than Saddiq, Dre or DJM. 

Bogi FGM is 2.7 on 7.2 FGA for 37.6%

Trae FGM is 0.8 on 2.2 FGA for 38.7%

Saying he's not good at Catch and Shoot is a damn lie.  Saying he doesn't do it often is true, but he's a very good shooter.  

For his career he's 251-621 for 40.4%.  Saying that isn't a good shooter is, again, a damn lie.