• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Clippers

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, terrell said:

Hawks are 7th in the NBA in net rating since Trae has been out.

14th in offense and 8th in defense.

3rd in opponents fg percentage.

3rd in scoring points of to's.

8th second chance points.

5th in giving up points in the paint.

24th in giving up points off turnovers.

26th in giving up fb points.

23rd in scoring points in paint

23rd in pace.

If looks like the offense is surviving off of offensive rebounding and scoring of to's. Offense is kinda trash, but the defense is excellent..  lol

And I get you don't want to hear it, but the 11 games they've played have been against some pretty crappy lineups which makes the offense look even worse and the defense look not quite as good. 

Honest question, do you believe in the Hawks defense enough without Trae to go an entire season avg. 108 or so points per game on offense?  They'd have to have the 3rd best defense in the NBA just to have a net rating of 0.0.  How many games you think they win like that? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AtLaS said:

Fun game to watch, but I'm in the camp that this season is over so i would have preferred to lose this game. 

Meh

Hawks are pretty much locked in to the 10th seed now

Brookylyn isn't going on some long winning streak.. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

And I get you don't want to hear it, but the 11 games they've played have been against some pretty crappy lineups which makes the offense look even worse and the defense look not quite as good. 

Honest question, do you believe in the Hawks defense enough without Trae to go an entire season avg. 108 or so points per game on offense?  They'd have to have the 3rd best defense in the NBA just to have a net rating of 0.0.  How many games you think they win like that? 

It depends on what we'd get for him.. 

I mean, we have a sample size of 231 regular season games and 11 playoff games since the ECF run, and the Hawks haven’t put together anything remotely resembling the ECF run aside from the first half of the season being bad enough to get a coach fired....

Edited by terrell

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Threezus said:

Cavs, Knicks, Pels, Clippers, Orlando are pretty solid overall.    Trash teams would be Grizz, Utah, Portland and im missing 1 or 2 then  Nets are probably about our level give or take and we had them back to back. 

The versions of the Cavs and Knicks we faced were trash.  We were actually favored in those games.  Orlando is also a lottery team without Pancho.  Agree Nets are around our level.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

If Kessler was here, he would start over OO and Capela

If Edey is here, he would start over OO and Capela

If Clingan is here, he would start over OO and Capela

Just my take and I don't even think it's close. At the end of the day, OO isn't a starter for us, and Capela is washed. Games like this are vintage. He can go on tonight and put up another clunker.

Obviously, you think differently. 

If Edey or Cligan were here they wouldn't start over anybody. I don't think Quin would start any rookie big over either of those guys. Edey would be in the g league learning the structure from the skyhawks. Only big that would probably play up with the hawks imo would be clingan

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

The versions of the Cavs and Knicks we faced were trash.  We were actually favored in those games.  Orlando is also a lottery team without Pancho.  Agree Nets are around our level.

And the Hawks were outscored 119.0-100.0 and gave up 49.9% FG% in the 2 games against a "comparable" team. 

Honestly, last night's game was the only W of the 6 that felt like a really good win (all wins are good, not saying different, but I mean a really good win against a quality lineup).  And it's hard not to chalk that game up as a severe outlier given that the Clips shot the ball so much worse than their avgs for the year.   

43 minutes ago, Mikey said:

If Edey or Cligan were here they wouldn't start over anybody. I don't think Quin would start any rookie big over either of those guys. Edey would be in the g league learning the structure from the skyhawks. Only big that would probably play up with the hawks imo would be clingan

No. 

• Premium Member

Good to see a good win and good to see good defense on display.  This was the first legitimate team that we have held under 100.   I like it.   I'm not making any decisions based on it but I love the effort.  Bring on the Lakers.