• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Clippers

lethalweapon3

6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Maybe we should keep DJ and trade Trae. I know for some its unthinkable, but it's worth considering. 

Im all for it if we can get another star back for him that fits our team.   Like if we can upgrade to a 2 way star player like brown or a much better star Center like KAT or AD then you gotta atleast listen. 

8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Maybe we should keep DJ and trade Trae. I know for some its unthinkable, but it's worth considering. 

We are a decent defensive team right now..

5 players with double digit shot attempts.

Murray with only 14 attempts is a good PG number.

Bruno, Hunter and the Matthews played well. Solid game from the bench.

22 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Forrest attempts to run an offense. Vit just be passing the ball. 

Yeah but I.m  Keeping an eye on Vit's ability to blend into the starting lineup.

On the whole, the offense hasn't really suffered since he took Bey's spot despite the fact that he doesn't and can't shoot.

Bey can’t shoot either tbh.  And Vit can dribble and move on defense. Vit is a better defensive player than Bey. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

JJ:

18 Points (7-14 FG) (3-3 3pt) 1-1 FT

12 Reb (11 Defensive)

6 Assists

3 Steals

2 Blocks

1 Turnover

+16 (2nd on team after Cap 🧢 +18)

Scott E. Pippen 2K  :yes:

JJ is different. He might be the first player we actually got right outside of Trae in terms of fits around Trae and he wasn't even a fit for anyone when we drafted him. That's hard work, being willing to look in the mirror and say, I ain't shit and I want to be the shit. What do I need to do and I am willing to work. JJ is that guy. He's really impressed me this year. I loved the talent out of Duke but we kicked him off the damn team. He was full of himself and to see him humble af. Man, I love this kid. 

To me, you got JJ. You got Trae. I am good with Hunter, Kobe, and Bogi off the pine. 

We just gotta figure out the 2 as a fit. Bey was a nice fit, sucks that he's out for a year. 

Murray is showing everyone that he's more impactful this year than Trae but none of that really matters if at best we are a .500 team with him at the helm. It's better he goes to a better team that gives him the keys. I came up with something like this. 

I did these three moves: 

For JC's TPE - Bogey, I couldn't find anyone else struggling that could help us and we just need someone to play 18-20MPG as Hunter can play 28-30MPG who can start. Bogey is also great at short movement so he replaces Bey to a degree and Quin has a relationship with him. He's been bad for the Knicks. 

Murray/SAC 1st for Alex Caruso/Carter/CHI 1st - Gives us a 2 guard that fits Trae. He needs a ball a tad more than I would like but he's really improved as an off-ball player. Defensively, he's exactly what we need next to Trae. Carter fills the backup PG role.

Draft: Landed Flip and Edey since we had weaknesses at the 4 and 5. 

Trae/Carter/Forrest

Caruso/Bogi/Kobe

Bogey/Hunter/(Bey)

JJ/Flip/Gueye

Edey/OO/Capela who I would like to trade. As a 3rd big, Capela is top end so I can't get mad at it. If OO is hurt, it helps to have someone like Clint. 

You can go Edey/Knecht, Edey/Shannon, Flip/Edey, etc. Getting a wing plus a 1st or swap for SAC 1st depending on the quality of the wing for Murray is the best play for us. We need a SG that fits Trae and I would prefer a vet. 

We should use JC TPE for someone like Bogey since Bey is out and Bey needs to stay. 

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_3-17-2024_11-17-50PM.png

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_3-17-2024_11-14-52PM.png

fanspo-nba-mock-draft-snap_3-17-2024_11-21-57PM (1).png

• Like 2

We are dealing we too many injuries but there aren't a ton of holes on the roster

You could make a strong case that we could have a better backup PG instead of Forrest but the reality is, it's Murray when Trae is healthy and that leaves no minutes for anyone else. 

We got a good SG rotation with Murray/Bogi/Kobe but Murray doesn't fit Trae so that's a priority. I've never been a fan of the Trae/Bogi backcourt ever as a starting crew. I like Bogi as 6th man. 

We got Bey/Hunter/Griffin but Bey will be out for the year so we need a replacement. I recommend Bogey on the Knicks for JC TPE. Hunter will get bulk mins but he's best off the bench. 

JJ is a stud. The entire FO and coaching staff raves about Gueye so it's hard to say backup 4 is a major issue but it's an issue. If Bey was healthy, we wouldn't have issues. Getting someone like Bogey who can play the 3 and 4 would help a ton. 

OO is a good player and an excellent backup but he hasn't played well this year outside of a short 5 game spurt in FEB. Capela washed although he has games like tonight where he's vintage CC. Bruno is a very good defensive player but offensively, it maybe time to head to Barcelona. 

Strengths: Shooting, Passing, Passion

Weaknesses: Fit, Toughness, Size, Length. 

Positional flaws:

PG: Backup PG and 3rd string PG

SG: Fit with Trae as the starting SG is an issue. Could Kobe be the starting SG for next year???

SF: Starting SF is a glaring issue without Bey. 

PF: Backup 4 and 3rd string. JJ is locked in

Center: OO has to get it back together as a backup 5. Starting 5 is a disaster. Capela has regressed but still has moments. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

True but makes the last 2 games all that more frustrating.  Could be, should be 3-0. 

We probably won tonight because we lost those 2 games. We played more focused and connected than before.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

We probably won tonight because we lost those 2 games. We played more focused and connected than before.

We also had JJ and Bogi back at 'full' strength and CC turning back the time machine.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, terrell said:

Dre on Murray

"With this guys leadership we got the win"

Never heard that before from Dre.. Hmm??

DJ was brought here to bring leadership, among other things.

Glad he stepped up after dropping the previous two games.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Man, I love this kid. 

Same. He rarely fcks up in any way. Heady dude. Like a 5 tool ⚾️ guy. 💗 

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We finally get to 30 wins 🏆 🤓

Screenshot_20240318_012311_Samsung Internet.jpg

Munf late 🙄 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

After a good win vs the Clippers?

Let me see what the narrative was after the Utah loss . . . lol.

Fact is, we need BOTH guys, while finding players on the front line who can be active defenders.

That's been part of the biggest reason for the improved defense. Our front court defense has been a lot better.

Clippers only had 10 offensive rebounds, leading to just 10 points.  And we crushed them on fastbreak points 31 - 11.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Threezus said:

So far on the 11 game stretch since Trae went down we are giving up about 105 ppg which would have us #1 in PPG on defense in the league this year.    Compared to 121 ppg with Trae for the year.  Look i love Trae as a player and appreciate what he can do with the ball.  But that is a massive difference going from near dead last to 1st in defense over a 10+ game span.

So do we just ignore that without Trae they are avg 108 ppg which would also be near last in the NBA? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Great win by the Hawks!  Kicked LA in the teeth and those guys never recovered.  Made them look really washed.

51 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

So do we just ignore that without Trae they are avg 108 ppg which would also be near last in the NBA? 

.You can’t compare the offense or defense to full season numbers given the changes in how the game is called post-ASB.  The offense is probably not nearly as bad as the full season comparison would suggest.  Scoring is down across the league post-ASB.  Better to compare it against post-ASB numbers if possible.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Great win by the Hawks!  Kicked LA in the teeth and those guys never recovered.  Made them look really washed.

.You can’t compare the offense or defense to full season numbers given the changes in how the game is called post-ASB.  The offense is probably not nearly as bad as the full season comparison would suggest.  Scoring is down across the league post-ASB.  Better to compare it against post-ASB numbers if possible.

121 pts per game post AS With Trae (1 game, LOL)

108 pts per game post AS Without Trae (11 games)

Sample size too small in both cases. But it's also too small to say trade Trae and keep DJ because the D is best in NBA without Trae. 

That's a pretty bad take given:

1. the small sample size

2. the poor competition with several teams sending out a g-league roster

3. the post AS game scoring being down significantly, which helps the D

I honestly can't believe anyone thinks the offense would be consistently good enough to win over the course of the entire NBA season without Trae. It's not like the D, even given the benefits of scheduling and post AS officiating, is actually a top D in the NBA. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1