• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Mavericks

• Premium Member

Bruno and Kobe played well and brought us back in the late 3rd/early 4th - my vote is for them for the game ball @Spud2nique

Jalen was a noshow on offense in this one, only 6 points

Starters with 19 TOs

3 pt shooting was a struggle.

Capela was straight 💩

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, kg01 said:

Would've really benefited from having a guard that constantly puts pressure on the paint, no? 

:stirthepot: 

It wouldn't have mattered...Big guys either missing bunnies or fumbling the ball out of bounds

• Sad 2

• Premium Member

Tough game.  Guys were gassed on the second night of a b2b.  Jalen has got to learn to finish strong through contact.  However, the officiating was DISGUSTING.  And we know why.  On to the next one 💯!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Nash said:

21 TO is unacceptable 

19 by the starters:  CC 5, Bogi, Dre and DJ 4, JJ 2- UNACCEPTABLE.

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It definitely got away from her.  Like how was kyrie not called for a take foul on Murray's steal?  Like, right in front of her.  What was she (not) watching?  And none of the other vet refs stepped in to save her.  I can't stand Courtney Kirkland either.  All his games seem to go that way.  Just oddness. 

Our sense of urgency seemed off.

Heavy legs perhaps.  We messed around with the Pistons last night with the starters having to play heavy minutes.  The result of playing with your food. Should have put them away early and rested for tonight's game.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I ain't mad though because it is clear that the Hawks have most of what is needed to win consistently except an average big man.  If the Hawks had an average big man that can catch and dunk over guards, they would be tough to beat.  But we have Clint! 😱

17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Couldn't happen any sooner. Get his big ass into Hawks University asap

Do you think the F.O. is high on him? Or just because you want him? lol

Edited by terrell

Just now, terrell said:

Do you think we're high on him? Or just because you want him? lol

Idk. I haven't heard any direct feedback on Edey from any specific team. Just in general and it's as all over the place as it is on here. Some have him as a late 2nd rounder. Some have him in the top 10 of the BB and that's just GMs. Scouts are even more all over the place. Edey maybe the most polarizing prospect in the NBA. 

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Idk. I haven't heard any direct feedback on Edey from any specific team. Just in general and it's as all over the place as it is on here. Some have him as a late 2nd rounder. Some have him in the top 10 of the BB and that's just GMs. Scouts are even more all over the place. Edey maybe the most polarizing prospect in the NBA. 

Id definitely take a flyer on him with that KIngs pick..

NO way the Kings fall below #15 right? 

Hawks are picking 10th atm

Would you take him that high?

Tankathon has him at #32..

But they also haas the Hawks taking a SF and a PG.. lol

Edited by terrell

Imagine the Hawks drafting a guy that most said was too small to be successful in the NBA.

Imagine the Hawks drafting a guy that most said was too big to be successful in the NBA. 

Now imagine the two of them dominating the NBA for years. Hawks would be the most hated team in the NBA.

LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member

This team will continue to be a .500 team if they continue this guard dominant approach especially if the guards are not named Jordan.  We can't continue to pretend that we don't have a big man problem.  Heck they should have been trying to sign Drummond when he was available but this front office continues to be anti big man for some inexplicable reason.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Id definitely take a flyer on him with that KIngs pick..

NO way the Kings fall below #15 right? 

Hawks are picking 10th atm

Would you take him that high?

Tankathon has him at #32..

Atm, we are at 10. Edey spot won't be clear till we get closer to the draft. DX/ESPN is the closest to GMs and he's projected to be a late lottery pick between 10-20. Keith Smith said 10-24. My guy is saying the range is strange because some people won't have him for the 1st round but some in the top 15. Those teams that like him, will likely draft him 

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Get his big ass into Hawks University asap

Funny earlier today I was thinking about your Edey and thought if his big ass comes into camp with the Hawks I’m out 😂 

• Haha 1

Nice minutes by Bufkin, he doesn’t seem to get sped up.  Although Kyrie cooked him posting up several times, no shame in that.  Meth Bogi continues to impress with the shot.

Luka had an OK game by his standards, still +21.  Hunter did a great job holding him scoreless in the first but after the Mavs made a conscious effort to get the switch it was over.  The more I watch the more I can see how his defensive positioning contributes to his solid metrics on that end.  He has to play 3 more games to qualify for BB References Hall of Fame probability tracker, so interesting to see what it will be.