• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official Jordan Crawford Watch Thread

Been awhile my fellow 'Squawkers. You guys are way more masochistic than me. "he who's name shall not be mentioned", who we actually had the surprising insight to draft and most 'Squawkers including myself were stoked about, is currently blowing up in Washington. We knew he was explosive. He's still only 23 years old. He would have been the PERFECT replacement for Jamal Crawford (who Sund had to know we weren't gonna keep), yet we trade him (plus other assets if memory serves) for Kirk Hinrich for 1.5 years so we can possibly make it to the ECF (and fail). You do not trade this kid in his first season unless the deal makes you better long term or seriously gives us a chance for a title that year, neither of which was it even close to doing.Someone (probably Sund) should lose their job on principle. This franchise is not cursed. It is completely frickin' inept. On many levels. The San Antonio's and Houston's (you know the good front offices) have to think we are an absolute joke. I know I do.There are too many reasons to list why I cannot support this current regime but this immediately comes to mind.Are you fellow 'Squawkers as outraged as I am? It's pathetic. "he who's name shall not be mentioned". Jamal Crawford. They even have the same frickin' last name and Sund can't figure out that Jordan in the heir apparent to Jamal? It's laughable. And all for Kirk Hinrich??!!!??!? You don't trade someone with JC's upside for a 1.5 year rental of a mediocre "stable" veteran like Hinrich. Someone wake me up from this nightmare.I hope all you guys are super enthused about our wins over 3 terrible opponents. We are due for the same fate as the last several years. We have no chance to contend with the elite of this conference and will actually face a stiff first round matchup this year. Why even get involved and watch this exercise in inevitability it play out? I feel terrible for Horford for being stuck here because he is the best thing that has happened to this franchise in forever and we're lucky to even have him.The only thing that would excite me is a trade that would really shake things up and give us a chance to win big longterm. Josh Smith is the obvious trade chip. Package him with Hinrich's expiring for something. If you can't get an elite player, then get some valuable assets and clear cap space and make a run at a solid FA. We need Joe, Horford and someone else to be a big 3."he who's name shall not be mentioned" should be our longterm 6th man but we squandered a great opportunity. Just great.Great to hear from you guys. Blessings in the New Year.bumpy

Wait....there is an internal control that automatically makes ""he who's name shall not be mentioned"" = "he whose name should not be mentioned"?!?!?That's rich. Maybe I should come around here more often. At least we haven't lost our sense of humor....and I guess the Squawk nation recognizes what a bonehead trade that was after all.

Remind me again of what exactly he did against us two nights ago.

Look at Manu Ginobili's stat line from last night. He must be garbage too huh? It's one game.Can you say "doesn't see the big picture" ????

Hinrich contract and value>>> Jordan for our personnel

Wait....there is an internal control that automatically makes ""he who's name shall not be mentioned"" = "he whose name should not be mentioned"?!?!?That's rich. Maybe I should come around here more often. At least we haven't lost our sense of humor....and I guess the Squawk nation recognizes what a bonehead trade that was after all.Look at Manu Ginobili's stat line from last night. He must be garbage too huh? It's one game.Can you say "doesn't see the big picture" ????

Oh but he scores 20 in one game and you see the big picture.

Oh but he scores 20 in one game and you see the big picture.

One game? JC has been exploding for 20+ on a regular basis since getting regular playing time in Washington late last year. Check your facts.He clearly is a pure scorer in the mold of Jamal Crawford and is only touching on his potential. Again, this is the first week of his second year. You're not even worth the time.

Been awhile my fellow 'Squawkers. You guys are way more masochistic than me. "he who's name shall not be mentioned", who we actually had the surprising insight to draft and most 'Squawkers including myself were stoked about, is currently blowing up in Washington. We knew he was explosive. He's still only 23 years old. He would have been the PERFECT replacement for Jamal Crawford (who Sund had to know we weren't gonna keep), yet we trade him (plus other assets if memory serves) for Kirk Hinrich for 1.5 years so we can possibly make it to the ECF (and fail). You do not trade this kid in his first season unless the deal makes you better long term or seriously gives us a chance for a title that year, neither of which was it even close to doing.Someone (probably Sund) should lose their job on principle. This franchise is not cursed. It is completely frickin' inept. On many levels. The San Antonio's and Houston's (you know the good front offices) have to think we are an absolute joke. I know I do.There are too many reasons to list why I cannot support this current regime but this immediately comes to mind.Are you fellow 'Squawkers as outraged as I am? It's pathetic. "he who's name shall not be mentioned". Jamal Crawford. They even have the same frickin' last name and Sund can't figure out that Jordan in the heir apparent to Jamal? It's laughable. And all for Kirk Hinrich??!!!??!? You don't trade someone with JC's upside for a 1.5 year rental of a mediocre "stable" veteran like Hinrich. Someone wake me up from this nightmare.I hope all you guys are super enthused about our wins over 3 terrible opponents. We are due for the same fate as the last several years. We have no chance to contend with the elite of this conference and will actually face a stiff first round matchup this year. Why even get involved and watch this exercise in inevitability it play out? I feel terrible for Horford for being stuck here because he is the best thing that has happened to this franchise in forever and we're lucky to even have him.The only thing that would excite me is a trade that would really shake things up and give us a chance to win big longterm. Josh Smith is the obvious trade chip. Package him with Hinrich's expiring for something. If you can't get an elite player, then get some valuable assets and clear cap space and make a run at a solid FA. We need Joe, Horford and someone else to be a big 3."he who's name shall not be mentioned" should be our longterm 6th man but we squandered a great opportunity. Just great.Great to hear from you guys. Blessings in the New Year.bumpy

I've taken a break from the NBA and thus the Hawks for 6 months or so but I have lurked around a bit every now and then.I couldn't resist logging on after viewing this thread.This rant about Crawford will wind up in the HawkSquawk Classics forum if enough members abuse the logic behind this thread and rightfully so.Epic FAIL comes to mind

One game? JC has been exploding for 20+ on a regular basis since getting regular playing time in Washington late last year. Check your facts.He clearly is a pure scorer in the mold of Jamal Crawford and is only touching on his potential. Again, this is the first week of his second year. You're not even worth the time.

He's also failing to shoot 40%. He shot 39% and 23% in 3's last year.

Players like Crawford (Jordan) are a dime a dozen. The Hawks have made a lot of regrettable moves, but I'm not losing any sleep over that one.

Agreed - he didn't do spit against us when he was properly defended. I'm not saying he won't do well in the league - I hope he does - but I don't see anything much. He will excel in spurts. Then the spurts will become fewer and farther between as he gets a few years on him.

The last thing this team needs is an ISO monster that dribbles out the clock on a consistent basis. Have you not seen the balanced scoring the first three games this season? The motion offense works and it works well. We just got rid of the problem with our offense (Crawford) we really dont need a guy of the same mold over here.

I havent watch many wizard games but ive been lurking some wizard boards and they are frustrated with crawford because of his selfish play, shot selection, overdribbling the ball, and his BBIQ.he is a perfect fit cause their whole team plays like that lol

Edited by yungsta

• Moderators

He is shooting .344 FG% and .190 3pt%. Add in FTs and his TS% is .422. That is abysmal. Josh Smith can shoot jumpers better than that. Given that Crawford's primary talent is scoring, I still fail to see what the fuss is about.

Edited by AHF

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member

Just to revisit. I'm having the good fortune of watching my first JC2 game of the season now. Forget the inefficient shooting and total lack of court vision or shot selection. The man doesn't even pretend to care about defense. I don't care enough to check, but I'm guessing that any lineup with him, Andray Blatche, and Javale McGee all on the floor at the same time ranked among the worst defensive 5-man units in the league.