Has ferry made you regret the Johnson trade with the way the season is going?

JTB

It was absolutely the best option to trade joe Johnson due to his contract BUT I must ask...when are we going to see another player on this team with at least Johnson's caliber?I know Johnson has only been away since 2012 but guys I'm self destructing over here!Those years we had terrible teams before finally making the playoffs against Boston in the 07/08 season, Johnson was a bright light!....sure those were some very rough years but having a consistent all star player on the team made those rough years not so bad especially when comparing it to this season and possibly the next.(Lol I may be overreacting as I don't see ANY bright lights in our near future....so I'm just venting my disappointments in this hawks franchise)

• Moderators

Not one second. Joe would have kept right where he left us - the middle of the pack. Once you realize that the games don't matter, it'll make this tank easier to swallow. WLOC was comfortable, but it had hit its ceiling. What matters is the draft and free agency - the time where Ferry can improve this team. There wasn't shit offered at the trade deadline and there isn't shit he can do now about the roster, so just sit back and hope that the Hawks can some how get out of the playoffs and into the lottery.

• Like 1

It's a fair question and will continue to be one until the Hawks find another player of his caliber to sign here.

Assuming there is one available.

Why do I get the feeling that this is an attempt to blame DF for the fake free agency of Howard/Paul?

• Premium Member

The only thing I wish was we had gotten a young player back like Green or Brooks but no, that trade was by far the best move to make. Joe's teams had a hard ceiling of a second round playoff exit. I'd rather go for broke on a new core and try to be a title contender.

Assuming there is one available. Why do I get the feeling that this is an attempt to blame DF for the fake free agency of Howard/Paul?

Sounds like you're the one with some underlying feelings on this subject not me. My comment didn't reflect that at all and it's a reach at best for you to interpret it that way.

How many seasons will it take to just get back to our previous level? How long until we might actually improve over that team? So far almost 2 complete seasons have passed and we are well below the level of JJ's Hawks team. As a longtime Hawks fan, I don't measure the state of the Hawks based on a regime. That Ferry has only been here (insert time) is not a reason to accept more losing. I want to see some solid direction. That's why I'd have torn it down last summer. At least let Ferry have a chance at building the team through the draft. And I can at least cheer for mediocrity if it's young and at least has a chance to grow.

• Like 3

Absolutely not impressed with last off-season. The drafting was cool, but the FA moves or lack thereof was VERY disappointing. How long until Ferry turns the created cap space into a team with true potential; either a winner or a young team with unlimited potential? Until we are in one of those two situations...blah.....

• Like 2

Sounds like you're the one with some underlying feelings on this subject not me. My comment didn't reflect that at all and it's a reach at best for you to interpret it that way.

Geez. Don't take it personal.

• Moderators

How many seasons will it take to just get back to our previous level? How long until we might actually improve over that team? So far almost 2 complete seasons have passed and we are well below the level of JJ's Hawks team. As a longtime Hawks fan, I don't measure the state of the Hawks based on a regime. That Ferry has only been here (insert time) is not a reason to accept more losing. I want to see some solid direction. That's why I'd have torn it down last summer. At least let Ferry have a chance at building the team through the draft. And I can at least cheer for mediocrity if it's young and at least has a chance to grow.

That's a common misconception though. We are at the same level as when Joe left. The first season without him played out almost exactly like the last season with him. This season will probably be the same despite our current epic slide. While we did go to the second round a few times with Joe we didn't get out of the first his last season here.

• Like 3