• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Lance Stephenson Mega Thread

GameTime

• Moderators

Owners are probably to conservative; but if the right free agent ( opportunity ) showed interest we could always amnesty Lou. If you think about it, 6 million for one season is no where near as bad as being on the hook for a Gilbert Arenas.

Lou is not amnesty eligible. Not sure that anyone other than Horford is.

Hi everybody! It was long time since I was here and with great win tonight I was thinking how to improve team for the next season. I read that some of you guys suggesting Lance Stephenson. Ok, this team need young athletic player on SG or SF, but now when we have solid core with chemistry, how smart is to bring player with issues? Is it smarter to draft guy like James Young, and let him develops, and trade Al and Lou for some young center like Monroe, Favors of Drummond?

• Premium Member

No way man! I like his story of a streetball and highschool legend making it to the NBA, but he's too much of a loose cannon. When I casually watched Indy during the season, I was all for bringing in Lance. After seeing him up close, I can truly say he doesn't fit on this team on the court or in the locker room.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Stephenson? Not so sure I want him now. Probably I still do. The guy can play and our system could be good for him. I don't know.

What is this "trade Al" talk BTW? Not gonna trade our best player, man. And for Monroe of all people... Don't get me wrong, having Monroe or Favors would be nice, but Al is light years ahead of them. And I doubt Detroit would let Drummond go.

A big negatory on Stephenson, he's the anti-Ferry. I say draft LaVine at 15 instead and develop him under Kyle's wing. Nobody gonna prop Korver for his kicka$$ playoff D? I am. KK is our "win now" SG for the next 2 years.

Edited by hazer

this is why I questioned guys if they actually paid attention to stephennson this season when they were talking about how he could be our superstar and our franchise player...

The question was if he could be our 'James Harden' I responded no but he could be a piece of the puzzle in terms of his skill set for what the Hawks lack.

After watching him closely the last 5 games he is not worth more than a 3yr/4 million per. He is going to get seriously OVER paid. I would take him as a 6th man in Lou's spot. LOL.

Seriously though, he hasn't impressed.

• Premium Member

The question was if he could be our 'James Harden' I responded no but he could be a piece of the puzzle in terms of his skill set for what the Hawks lack.

After watching him closely the last 5 games he is not worth more than a 3yr/4 million per. He is going to get seriously OVER paid. I would take him as a 6th man in Lou's spot. LOL.

Seriously though, he hasn't impressed.

I can't really knock his skills or size. With his improved outside shooting he's become a serious contributor. His intensity is a little too out of control and can even be directed at his own teammates. I have no problem with intense or emotional players but you got to have some control.

I agree with most on this thread...I say no to Stephenson. He got in a fight with Evan Turner. He's obviously a head case, a talented one. But we dealt with that for years with Smoove...No thanks.

• Premium Member

I am saying now to signing Lance now too. Like others i was intrigued by the idea of adding him to our team because he has a ton of talent good size and intensity. Under the microscope though this guy is a major headcase let him be the Pacers or some other team's cancer the next few years. This guy actually deliberately commits a foul just so he can complain to a ref and he gets in 2 fights with teammates in less than a week. Makes JR Rider look like a choirboy lol