• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

15th Pick - Adreian Payne

gsuteke

Payne isn't anti-Josh. He is a big man outside chucker who does not rebound on the level of Josh. Who does not block shots on the level of Josh. He does nothing other than shoot outside shots. Read around the web. He has already been called out by some for trying to be the next stretch four because it is currently sexy in the NBA. He really is not typical of a Michigan State Izzo blue collar guy. I watched him play several times including when they lost in the tournament. The reason they lost in the tournament was because guys like him could not control the paint. He was too caught up in trying to be a soft stretch big

Payne isn't anti-Josh. He is a big man outside chucker who does not rebound on the level of Josh. Who does not block shots on the level of Josh. He does nothing other than shoot outside shots. Read around the web. He has already been called out by some for trying to be the next stretch four because it is currently sexy in the NBA. He really is not typical of a Michigan State Izzo blue collar guy. I watched him play several times including when they lost in the tournament. The reason they lost in the tournament was because guys like him could not control the paint. He was too caught up in trying to be a soft stretch big

Even if what you said was 100% true (it's not) he still does what he does at a high level.

Even if what you said was 100% true (it's not) he still does what he does at a high level.

Yeah it's not even close to accurate.  He wasn't my 1st choice of guys available but he's gonna fit in real well with us. @coachx likes him a lot too and he watches more college ball than probably anyone here. 

• Like 4

I especially liked the turnarounds over either shoulder and his awareness of boxing out, as shown by a highlight video. There were supposedly a couple quality wings available in Hood and Harris like Hardaway Jr. last year, but I trust Ferry's judgement in finding guys best for Bud's style. I'm much more concerned with if Bebe, Dennis, and JJ will pay any dividends before Christmas.

Edited by benhillboy

Disappointed...not Paynes talent but because of the redundancy of that position. We need swing men and a center. The one thing we didn't need was a pf.

This. I don't hate the guy. I hope he does great and becomes the steal of the draft. I also understand picking bpa, but at this range, I dont think his potential is that much greater than the two picks after him who were positions we needed, not the one position we have two all stars at.

• Like 1

Ask away.

I love this guy as a player and as a person.  He does things the right way and is a professional in every sense of the word.

I said weeks ago I wouldn't necessarily be a huge fan of the pick if he came to us.  I didn't see a defined role because he can play both the 4 and the 5.  I assume Brand is gone, so AP can easily come off the bench and give you minutes at PF or C.  I am very ecstatic with this selection.  Kudos to Ferry.  

• Like 2

Sure, he's a chucker whose career TS% would have ranked in the top 15 of the NBA last year. Same goes for eFG%. I can't say that I've seen him play, but I'll give him a shot.

Edited by supermariowest
  • Like 4

Yeah it's not even close to accurate.  He wasn't my 1st choice of guys available but he's gonna fit in real well with us. @coachx likes him a lot too and he watches more college ball than probably anyone here. 

You don't know how much college ball the next person watches because you are not in the next persons house or space while they are watching whatever they watch. You are simply trying to make your opinions sound more valuable than they are as usual

You don't know how much college ball the next person watches because you are not in the next persons house or space while they are watching whatever they watch. You are simply trying to make your opinions sound more valuable than they are as usual

Well when it comes to you yes I know my opinions are more accurate than yours.  Hey go work on your trading 5 1st round picks for a single player again. 

Well when it comes to you yes I know my opinions are more accurate than yours.  Hey go work on your trading 5 1st round picks for a single player again. 

Your opinions have zero accuracy as usual