• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Preview: Celtics at Hawks (Dikembe Night!)

lethalweapon3

I asked for a complete game and got 1. Good win

The starters were great. I really like Thabo as a starter. Just have to hope he can stay healthy

Patterson and Scott were good off the bench.

Didn't like all the first half turnovers. Really got to clean that up

I have no idea whats going on with Dennis. He was out of control all night it seems. Made a lot of bad passes We are a better team when he plays well.  Get your head straight Dennis and play better.

• Like 3

Wow!  Tonight, Edy, Jr., Holiday and Mack all got to wet their toes in the pool!  Way to go.

Hawks needed a big win and they got it.  Looks like the Warriors will get one also on the

second game to TNT.

And, CB admitted the Hawks are a pretty good team, but not the top four in the east this season.

Patterson looked good tonight.  In fact, a lot of "looking good" happened tonight, didn't it!

I wanted a blowout, and I got one.  'Sap was just out there 'Sappin'.  Good showing besides that dopey triple turnover sequence. 

I can't be totally happy until Al visits the freaking line every once in a while (0 attempts, AGAIN) and Kyle gets his three point attempts back to a robust 7 or 8.  But Let's Go.

• Like 1

Our 1st complete game of the season.  Energy, focus, defense and pace.  

Welcome back Jeffrey:    Loved his fire and emotion. His defense on IT was phenomenal - need more of that please.

Thabo was pretty much flawless in this game.  His defense really set the tone but his offense was the surprise particularly his drives to the basket of the dribble.

Do-it-Paul did it all.

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Our 1st complete game of the season.  Energy, focus, defense and pace.  

Welcome back Jeffrey:    Loved his fire and emotion. His defense on IT was phenomenal - need more of that please.

Thabo was pretty much flawless in this game.  His defense really set the tone but his offense was the surprise particularly his drives to the basket of the dribble.

Do-it-Paul did it all.

Concur with all the above.  The absolute best moment for me was that stretch where Teague totally owned Thomas on both ends for consecutive possessions.  Thomas is an unbelievably cocky guy especially when you consider he's not really that good.  Teague used and abused him to the point where Thomas basically checked out and wanted to fight instead.  Total b*tch move.

Nice to see a concerted effort to hit the offensive board, especially by Paul.  He had a couple-a moments where he made the Celts bigs look like little kids.

And how about those layup/dunk attempts by Jerebko there at the end.  el-oh-el

• Moderators

To me the 3 things that happened in this game that we've needed all year are:

1. Our best lineup started

2. We were scoring inside

3. Played aggressive defense

Rebounding is part of 2 and 3 but it's not rebounding alone.   If we aren't scoring inside we struggle

• Moderators

Gotta love how much the media cares about the Hawks.  The article writing robot got confused.   From Yahoo:

Jeff Teague has been waiting for the Atlanta Hawks to break out of their slump. ''We had some hard practices,'' Teague said. Paul Millsap scored 25 points, Teague added 16 and the Hawks beat the Boston Celtics 121-97 on Tuesday night.
  • Like 1

• Moderators

http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/sidebar/post-1112415-celtics-leadership-sounds-off-after-blowout-loss-in-atlanta

{Brad} Stevens, for the first time during his tenure with the Celtics, admitted that he needed extra time to cool down before speaking with the media. Isaiah Thomas said that he had never seen his coach as upset as he was inside the postgame locker room.

“I would’ve been in this (Celtics travel) outfit six minutes sooner if there weren’t fines involved,” Stevens said, with nothing but honesty in his voice. “I would’ve asked to be.”

~lw3

• Like 1