• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official* Game Thread: Hawks at Magic (6 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

evanfrancepierroninterview.png

"So, our producers Google Image'd your surname, Evan, and here's what they found..."

Way too busy again for a preview of this evening's tilt between the visiting Atlanta Hawks and the Orlando Magic (6:00 PM Eastern, Fox Sports Southeast, SUN Sports)! Chime in at will! See you in the Squawkchat!

(PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Evan's nickname is "Never Google," and for good reason. Do NOT, under any circumstances, Google Evan's last name. No, seriously, do NOT! I see you over there thinking about it. :tsktsk: Stop that right now! Think about basketball! This is your final warning!)

( PSA PART II: Here's a safe-click explanation as to why... http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/11/4/9668830/orlando-magic-evan-fournier-never-google-SERIOUSLY-DO-NOT-DO-IT-I-SEE-YOU-THINKING-ABOUT-IT )

Let's Go Hawks!

~lw3

12 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

(PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Evan's nickname is "Never Google," and for good reason. Do NOT, under any circumstances, Google Evan's last name. No, seriously, do NOT! I see you over there thinking about it. :tsktsk: Stop that right now! Think about basketball! This is your final warning!)

Let's Go Hawks!

~lw3

Why don't you want the other guys to see those hot chicks?

Edited by rd79
  • Like 2

• Moderators

Speaking of things you might not wanna see...

Quick medical stuff before I go back to acting busy... Teague's rubbery ankle is good-to-go. Elfrid Payton was limping through Friday's game (despite 17 FT attempts!) and while he's ready to go, Skiles is hesitant to play him major minutes today. C.J. Watson has been out for over a month with a calf strain, so look for minutes from Shabazz Napier (and Mario Hezonja, if defensive wizard Victor Oladipo is used as a ball-handler). "Never Google" dislocated his pinkie in Friday's win but similarly insists he's fine to play.

~lw3

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Bazemore in the starting lineup is still a minus overall lmfao. The main reason why the Hawks have won lately is how they won earlier in the season, when the bench comes in they make big runs.

Why are you laughing about him being a minus? I think he's done a good job since he was put back in the starting 5. He brings energy, makes shots and has been getting our bigs some good looks.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

Why are you laughing about him being a minus? I think he's done a good job since he was put back in the starting 5. He brings energy, makes shots and has been getting our bigs some good looks.

His +/- is negative in every game except for the one vs the 76'ers. The main starting lineup that the Hawks have used has a winning record but it's actually not working if you look at underlying analytics. The reason for the 3 straight wins is the bench has been crazy good lately.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Lurker said:

His +/- is negative in every game except for the one vs the 76'ers. The main starting lineup that the Hawks have used has a winning record but it's actually not working if you look at underlying analytics. The reason for the 3 straight wins is the bench has been crazy good lately.

I don't put too much into +/-. Baze plays out of position a lot so you have to consider who he is on the court with. Bud does mix a lot of bench players with starters once you hit that 6 minute mark in the first quarter. 

You can't say the reason for the 3 wins is solely on the bench. I think the entire team has been playing better this last week. Our bench is supposed to be good too--we should expect better play from them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cam1218 said:

I don't put too much into +/-. Baze plays out of position a lot so you have to consider who he is on the court with. Bud does mix a lot of bench players with starters once you hit that 6 minute mark in the first quarter. 

You can't say the reason for the 3 wins is solely on the bench. I think the entire team has been playing better this last week. Our bench is supposed to be good too--we should expect better play from them.

Exactly, +/- Doesn't tell the entire story of a game.  I also like to at actual boxscore numbers and seeing what my eyes tell me.

We've won because the defense actually looks close to last seasons, and the pace of the offense has picked up with more ball and player movement. It also helps that we aren't missing 'bunnies' and hitting shots and more importantly battling for rebounds - The entire team has seemed more in sync.