• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Upcoming Raptors & Cavs

ThomasCredle

What record do people expect for these upcoming games?   I will be happy with a split but I think the psychological help of taking two from the Cavs could go a long way to help erase any lingering nerves from last year's ECF.  

The home game probably more as the Cavs may rest key pieces in the second game and we will likely still be playing hard for the 3 seed.  What chance does you give us to win all four or at least take both from the Cavs?

• Premium Member

Even if the Hawks win these games, it's still the regular season and will have no bearing on what happens in the playoffs.  As well as the Hawks have played lately, there's nothing new between them and the Cavs that's going to change the equation.  They are a matchup problem for the Hawks.

16 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Humphries will hopefully help the rebounding issue against these teams.   Our perimeter D has been much better these last few weeks so that'll be key against the Raps.

Hump will definitely help inside vs Raps...but are you sure it's our perimeter defense that's key vs Raps or is it interior D. Derozen drives to the hoop and getting to the ft line is 90% of his game. I think it's the paint that we have to protect vs these guys. I'd let Derozen take outside shots vs driving to the hoop. But I guess perimeter defense leads to interior D.

4 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Hump will definitely help inside vs Raps...but are you sure it's our perimeter defense that's key vs Raps or is it interior D. Derozen drives to the hoop and getting to the ft line is 90% of his game. I think it's the paint that we have to protect vs these guys. I'd let Derozen take outside shots vs driving to the hoop. But I guess perimeter defense leads to interior D.

It's interior D and it's been exposed bad vs Toronto twice. Lowry says they aggressively attack the rim as they don't respect Horford or Millsap as shotblockers.

41 minutes ago, Lurker said:

It's interior D and it's been exposed bad vs Toronto twice. Lowry says they aggressively attack the rim as they don't respect Horford or Millsap as shotblockers.

What do you think I wrote? Lol. 

Perimeter defense is the 1st line of defense. Our guards/wings have to at least put up a little fight and not give them an easy path to the rim. They are actually making it tough for guys to get in the paint now.  

Second, is rim protection. Horford and Millsap have been racking up the blocks lately (Millsap had 6 last night).

Third is help defense from our bigs to assist the guards and wings. Just last night Rose and Butler was getting anything they wanted in the paint. The defense changed just a little with a soft trap forcing them to be long range shooters.

It has to be a total team effort.

Need to win them both, grab the psychological advantage by planting doubt in those team's minds, and solidify 3rd place. Matchups, momentum, mental edge.....

I think we can afford one more loss this season and retain the likelihood of retaining the 3 seed.  Maybe two losses.  Need to win 3-4 of remaining with Toronto and Cleveland.  The rest are all should-win though.  @Washington could be a trap--they give us problems

Edited by bumpyphish1

13 hours ago, bumpyphish1 said:

I think we can afford one more loss this season and retain the likelihood of retaining the 3 seed.  Maybe two losses.  Need to win 3-4 of remaining with Toronto and Cleveland.  The rest are all should-win though.  @Washington could be a trap--they give us problems

This, I'm not too concerned about one loss over those 4 games, but a split isn't going to do us any good

I actually expect a loss tonight and a big win v. LeCavs on Friday.