• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Celtics GAME 3

lethalweapon3

18 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

NBA is laughable...................refs trying to insure Celtics win this one.

Come on man.  Yes the NBA is crooked and the referees have been bad, but the Hawks have been far worse.  The Hawks have been worse than bad tonight and that's why they are getting run out of the gym.

Hawks are playing entirely too slow. Teague has to up the tempo. Why are  we walking it up on every play? Guards are allowing to much penetration which is leading to wide open shots that weren't  there in game 1 and 2. Bud is really getting out coached tonight. The Dennis Teague lineup is inexcusable. You traded our f in first  round pick for THJ, but you don't have enough confidence to play  him with Korver in foul trouble and Dennis out of control? Great GM work. Rant over. 

Edited by ATLien_

We lost when we were trading baskets with them in the 3rd. 

It was nice to see us hit all those shots but that's when I knew we weren't focused on defense and they were going to out score us. They dictated the pace and we couldn't keep them under control.  Hawks need a big win tomorrow. I swear, we just can't put our foot on an opponents throat. Frustrating but I still think we have the ability to close it out in 5.

• Like 2

It is beyond my comprehension how a player like Paul Milsap cannot contribute any offense in playoff games. Just a little scoring from him and Horford would have won this game easily.  Any time you make a comment like this on here someone will just say something like " oh they just concentrated and game planned for it.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Trout7 said:

It is beyond my comprehension how a player like Paul Milsap cannot contribute any offense in playoff games. Just a little scoring from him and Horford would have won this game easily.  Any time you make a comment like this on here someone will just say something like " oh they just concentrated and game planned for it.

Even if they game planned a true All-Star would be racking up assists and making other plays. Paul just looks confused and stagnant on offense.

• Like 1

Considering the Hawks got down by 20 quickly in the 2nd you can't be too mad about this outcome but this is another time in which simply having a different starting lineup really confused this team (whether it be due to injury or whatever). Gonna have to make adjustments against it, particularly you may have to start Bazemore against Thomas next game because Thomas off ball against Teague will continue to work very well as Teague isn't a good off ball defender if he has to deal with screens. Means you're REALLY rolling the dice though with Korver on Turner.

Props to the backcourt despite what I said about them, they played well enough to win, the frontcourt just disappeared, I mean come on seriously...

I commented after that 31/16 game that Millsap looked completely exhausted and he hasn't looked right since. I don't know if it's fatigue or an injury but he's not playing at 100%. Not sure why we couldn't get Horford more looks, though.

I knew Thomas was going go off and win a game for them. It just sucks we had so many opportunities to steal it.

2 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

These referees are extremely annoying man. 

These refs are making it where I am going to have to watch these games by myself.  My family doesn't need to see some of these meltdowns I have on NBA refs.  I even surprise myself sometimes when reacting to these garbage wimp refs.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, High5 said:

I commented after that 31/16 game that Millsap looked completely exhausted and he hasn't looked right since. I don't know if it's fatigue or an injury but he's not playing at 100%. Not sure why we couldn't get Horford more looks, though.

This is always so funny to me...The narrative is always the same...Millsap looks like garbage because he is injured or tired.  LOL!

• Like 1

Sap has been absolutely awful offensively this series. This has been hard to watch. Missing lay ups, cant make dunks,  or just throwing up weak stuff

Couldn't post up Smart in the previous game and couldn't dunk on Thomas this game. . Pathetic performance from our 3 time all star

At some point one would hope that Bud sees that this dude aint got it and stops trying to force him the ball because it aint working man

They played an awful first half but still did enough to win but   with our  luck our 2 starting bigs decided  not to show up

If Al and Sap were just decent, not great, not good, but just decent, The Hawks win this one.

Sap really couldn't dunk on a 5'9 pg. Unbelievable

And will Bud please stop putting 4 bench guys in at once

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, AUhawksfan said:

I'm also baffled how Paul and Al were unaffective against such a small lineup.

Paul is building a reputation as not being a big time or clutch player.  He better take it on himself to improve on offense or we might have a long series here.

I noticed that y'all keep lumping Horford in the same category with Millsap.  Horford may not have score a lot tonight but he has in the series unlike Millsap.  But Horford contributed in many other ways in this this game.  13 rebounds, 4 blks 2 steals and 6 assist.  What did Millsap do other than get hung by the rim and miss shots?

• Like 1