• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pelicans at Hawks

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

Millsap, Baze, Thabo, Korver and Horford have played well in different systems.

I think Teague is saying 'The Hawks have no Paul George's on the team"  And it's true.

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Missed the game and the chat.  I have it on DVR but I think I'll pass on watching it.  Just from the box score....

giphy.gif

Chat must have been 'off the hook' - like old times getting blown out.  Some games you just gotta dump the reel.

3 straight losses in miserable fashion and we are still 2nd in the East.

Keep it on the DVR.  Next time you wanna punish yo'self, give it a watch.  It was bad.  Terribad.  Chat had some epic anti-Kyle rants, lots of confusion and someone calling for Davis to get injured in the 1st qtr thereby karma-killing us for the night.

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

We need better wings, Horford is not here to save these scrubs anymore. Y'all Howard fans who were saying Dwight is clearly better is sadly mistaken. More talented, yes but Al does a lot of little things that no one on this roster can do. This team is in need of a legit star. Maybe Prince can develop into that but Prince needs to start right now.

Don't shoot your wad to early on the wHorford/anti-Dwight stuff.  You've had a good week with Alice returning from the "concussion" and our recent struggles, but it's still early yet.

23 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

''A lot of people can play with the ball and create opportunities for others. In Atlanta, we had a lot of really good players but a lot of those guys were system players,'' Teague said. ''Here, we've got a lot of people who can create for others and that makes my job a lot easier.''

F*ck him.  He's a system player as much as anyone else here.  I can't stand when people throw low-key shade and everybody else says, "Well, maybe he ain't wrong.  Jus' tellin' it like it iz."  No, that's not what he's doing.  He's hatin' hard in that statement.

16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think Teague is saying 'The Hawks have no Paul George's on the team"  And it's true.

I agree but I didn't like the "make the job easier" part of the comment. His job was to be the quarterback of the offense, the Tony Parker, and he couldn't do it. I could have sympathy for him if he was busting his butt averaging 25 pts per game and the other guys weren't stepping up. He ought to talk about how he kept getting benched in the 4th for Dennis, his bad shot clock awareness and not showing up in key games contribute to him not working out in ATL.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StephenHawking said:

Did you guys recognize that every time the Hawks went on a run it immediately stopped due to some unbelievably stupid plays by i.e. THJ, Thabo etc. 

We're just way too lazy and to fancy with our possessions. 

I know we have to be the worst team in the league at the long transition passes. We either underthrow them and get them picked off or we throw them too deep underneath the basket or out of bounds completely. That's always a buzzkill. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Keep it on the DVR.  Next time you wanna punish yo'self, give it a watch.  It was bad.  Terribad.  Chat had some epic anti-Kyle rants, lots of confusion and someone calling for Davis to get injured in the 1st qtr thereby karma-killing us for the night.

Don't shoot your wad to early on the wHorford/anti-Dwight stuff.  You've had a good week with Alice returning from the "concussion" and our recent struggles, but it's still early yet.

F*ck him.  He's a system player as much as anyone else here.  I can't stand when people throw low-key shade and everybody else says, "Well, maybe he ain't wrong.  Jus' tellin' it like it iz."  No, that's not what he's doing.  He's hatin' hard in that statement.

Exactly! He won't win a championship with PG. 

11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Who karma killed us last night? I want their name, #, address, twitter account, and mom's maiden name now.

7 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

I agree but I didn't like the "make the job easier" part of the comment. His job was to be the quarterback of the offense, the Tony Parker, and he couldn't do it. I could have sympathy for him if he was busting his butt averaging 25 pts per game and the other guys weren't stepping up. He ought to talk about how he kept getting benched in the 4th for Dennis, his bad shot clock awareness and not showing up in key games contribute to him not working out in ATL.

Exactly.  He contributed to the missed expectations as much as anyone.

2 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Who karma killed us last night? I want their name, #, address, twitter account, and mom's maiden name now.

Uhm, my remembry's hazy on the subject.  Maybe MaceCase?

Lmao. What are some of you talking about. Read the whole interview. He didnt throw shade at anyone. He said he has never played with anyone like PG and that Joe Johnson was probably the closest. He was also talking about he is playing with with more guys who can get their own shot. He gave nothing but props to guys like Sap and Baze.  He was clearly saying he doesnt have to create as many shots for guys like he did here.

Fans talk about our lack of shot creators but let a guy who was here say it and its F him. He didnt say 1 bad word about any player, coach , or fan since he left.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sarcatic1 said:

Lmao. What are some of you talking about. Read the whole interview. He didnt throw shade at anyone. He said he has never played with anyone like PG and that Joe Johnson was probably the closest. He was also talking about he is playing with with more guys who can get their own shot. He gave nothing but props to guys like Sap and Baze.  He was clearly saying he doesnt have to create as many shots for guys like he did here.

Fans talk about our lack of shot creators but let a guy who was here say it and its F him. He didnt say 1 bad word about any player, coach , or fan since he left.  

I was literally shaking my head as I read through the posters looking to make something out of nothing. Before becoming a fan of the game, you have to learn the game. We lost last night because our system is based off of moving parts working together, but when some parts malfunction, we look like garbage. If we had a starting five of players that can adlib and create their own offense, we wouldn't get blown out when the system doesn't work. During the game last night, I noticed the runs came when Bud inserted Hardaway and Prince into the lineup. Those guys will be the heartbeat for our 2nd unit and its time Bud realizes it. I predict Bembry to start putting it all together during the second half of the season.

AND CAN DELANEY GET SOME CONFIDENCE!! DUDE PLAYS LIKE HE'S AFRAID TO SCREW UP. JUST OVER-THINKING THE GAME!! 

In other news, I can't wait to Scott gets back. I've never seen a professional player like Humphreys without any post moves to contribute to the team. Just imagine our interior defense when Tiago returns. Howard at the 4 spot would be disgusting on both ends.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Sothron said:

The team has to learn how to feed a post player. Dwight should be averaging around mid 20's in points with how many open looks he's had or great down low position he fights for but the ball never gets to him. That whole vibe of "Dwight is a cancer" is simply not true. If he was anything like that then he'd already be out in the media demanding more touches. The fact he's kept quiet about this speaks volumes of where his head is at.

Of all the potential problems this Hawks team could have, I never thought failing to make a simple entry pass would be one of them. There have been more turnovers trying to make fundamental passes than I care to recall. It's a serious problem that needs to be fixed right NOW. Bad shots while Dwight has his man sealed in the post, poor entry passes when Dwight has deep post position, and driving to the paint out of control and trying to dump it off to him at the last second  AFTER you've brought your defender into the paint with you are all unforgiveable errors for a team with the reputation of having high BBIQ. I know Dwight is no offensive juggernaut, but he's almost unstoppable in the paint. And he's not even a black hole on offense. He WILL pass it back out to open shooters and cutters. How is this team not utilizing that???

• Like 3

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Of all the potential problems this Hawks team could have, I never thought failing to make a simple entry pass would be one of them. There have been more turnovers trying to make fundamental passes than I care to recall. It's a serious problem that needs to be fixed right NOW. Bad shots while Dwight has his man sealed in the post, poor entry passes when Dwight has deep post position, and driving to the paint out of control and trying to dump it off to him at the last second  AFTER you've brought your defender into the paint with you are all unforgiveable errors for a team with the reputation of having high BBIQ. I know Dwight is no offensive juggernaut, but he's almost unstoppable in the paint. And he's not even a black hole on offense. He WILL pass it back out to open shooters and cutters. How is this team not utilizing that???

I wish I could like a post twice. @Spud2Nique can you help a brother out with an extra like to that post?

It absolutely blows me away that our team that stresses high BBIQ and fundamental play simply cannot get the ball to a dominant post player. And let me stress that: Dwight is dominant when he's in the post. When he establishes position, he is not going to be moved. You either foul him or he is going to get a high percentage shot.

We need to be running passing drills non stop for everyone on the team to get this fixed ASAP. We need more plays where we put Dwight in the low post, only the ball handler comes to his side to deliver the entry pass and everyone else is away from the ball. Literally do nothing but run that play over and over again until we get it right in games and if the other team can stop him.

17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No Truer Words "

'I think we reached our ceiling.'http://www.

Teague is right. That team reached a hard ceiling two years ago with the 60 wins and the ECF trip.

• Like 3