• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Thunder at Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, AUhawksfan said:

I'm really curious what our percentage is on game tying or game winning shots under Bud.  If he has one major weakness it's drawing up a last second play. 

That last play, the ball slipped through hardaway hands. And not every last play going to be a guaranteed 100 percent success play. Bud  is not that perfect.

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

And the 0-fer of the night goes tooooo.......Baaaaaze-less. Smh.

Between him and Dwight we got nada.

It would be one thing if Dwight struggled on offense but played great defense but he was bad on both ends

I have given up on Baze. Didn't want him back but we signed him anyway

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Lurker said:

If Howard doesn't play well the Schröder/Hardaway Jr/Korver/Sefolosha/Millsap lineup will have to be the main lineup. At this point, Bazemore starting only needs to be in name, unless he's really playing well he doesn't need to play much at all.

That would be a terrible lineup. Millsap does not match up well vs centers in this league. 

Heck, look at the future opponents. Whiteside, Vucevic, Henson, Towns, etc would aboslutely dominate the paint. 

Edited by JonKoncack
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, JonKoncack said:

That would be a terrible lineup. Millsap does not match up well vs centers in this league. 

It's not a terrible lineup because it at least does better against PNR. Howard in the PNR is layup after layup after layup after layup right now. He is not even trying.

Against a post up center you're pretty much screwed but most centers aren't post up.

Russell Westbrook is a heck of a player, he outscored us 16-15 in the decisive 3th quarter. At least we fought hard and Korver played better from the bench. If we could do the same with Bazemore... He is playing like crap, 36% FG and 29%3P is unacceptable. I'd try next game with THJ starting. There are other players with similar contracts like Baze playing in second units like Crabbe and Evan Turner. He is better suited as a energy player.

Im starting to doubt about Howard. Often he disconnects from the game after some plays against him like Oladipo dunk and some silly turnovers. He shows he is not a mature player at 31 years old, Im wondering if this is the definitive version of Dwight, hopefully not. 

Also when was the last time executing end of game play? Last year we were really bad losing on all OT and missing every last shot. Bud still has some work to do in this type of plays. Maybe we lack talent and a go-to-guy in late game decisions. 

Some positives from the game:

- Dennis is playing much better in the last 5-6 games, he has found a nice groove. He plays more under control and his defense is mostly on point. Last night he missed some layups but this Dennis version is pretty decent.

- We should run more plays on Millsap. He is by far our best player.

- Good effort from the second unit. Korver, THJ and Muscala played well. Im a bit worried about Delaney though I think we need a veteran PG as a stabilizing force.

• Like 2

Yeah, right now it really should be Baze and Kyle fighting over backup SG. Kyle looks better off the bench so maybe Baze would as well. Neither should be starting based on any form of analysis. Think its a seismic shift that Bud is going to have to accept. Play to win no matter the salaries. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
14 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Burning questions:

How many minutes for Korver off the bench? If he still plays big minutes then the Thabo start is window dressing. 

Will Prince get any minutes tonight?

Can we stop Russ' tripple double streak? 

Way to go.   big minutes for Korver, no Prince, yes Triple.  

Honestly I didn't like the small ball lineup that Bud put in but it did start to work so i'll give him credit for doing something different.   I actually thought Dwight was doing pretty well defensively.   Baze.  Baze.   Baze had a -1 in my fantasy league.   Seriously.   

Did we not have another timeout?   Bud should have called one as soon as Tim fumbled that ball.   I agree that Bud's last second play calling has been really bad.  This reminded me of a couple of Teague's fumbles last year.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Did we not have another timeout?   Bud should have called one as soon as Tim fumbled that ball.   I agree that Bud's last second play calling has been really bad.  This reminded me of a couple of Teague's fumbles last year.   

Same feeling late as a couple of playoff games against you know who last season.