• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Raptors

lethalweapon3

2 hours ago, DS5 said:

Exactly. Most of us knew before the season that we'd have a steep learning curve and go through ups and downs. Only because we started off so hot, the expectations were set really high for us all. 

Yeah, I know that I've been very guilty of that as have some others. When our shooting disappeared the turnovers starting hurting so much more. Defense and the effort it requires nightly will probably be a project a good bit more of this season as well. A great showing last night and With Toronto able to score like that on anyone we still outscored them and won. Pretty good feeling.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Outstanding and surprising win.  What, Bud go into the season saying "let's dog it against everyone except the 2 best teams in the East."  

It's frustrating when Bud's a genius basketball mind yet waits so long to make the obvious changes that most Hawks fans beg for.  Kyle should've been coming off the bench last f&@kin year bruh. Better for him and the team.  Kent's phantom injury benching was right on time lol.

I only heard about half of the game on the radio.  I'll never warm up to Dwight's style  but clearly he was the backbone of this win, eating glass with Derozan and Lowry going for 61.  I'm digging the team shot distribution, too.

What's the deal with our old friend Junkyard?!  My man done fell off the map.

We've had our struggles but none quite like getting blown out in a two-game set like Da Bulls.  Hoiberg the big disciplinarian sitting Mirotic when the problem more than likely stems from Rondo.  I hate to admit I always liked Smellyvadova but they need a true starting PG.  If they can pry one watch out for the Bucks.  Their wings will run you out the gym without breaking a sweat. 

But back to Da Hawks.  Lets Go.

Here's the deal.   I think that when you look our wins... We are an elite team beater.

Cavs, Rapts, and Rockets... and we were in it vs. the Warriors and the Thunder.  The only real blowout we took was against these Raptors.   Second night of a back to back...during our losing streak.   I think with consistency, we will be one of the best teams in the playoffs but it's going to take time. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Exactly, the issue is when he doesn't. He's doesn't impact the game in other areas where you see the value in him. So he will constantly need to play like this to show his impact. I am not asking for 27 and 15 in 29 minutes but I want something like 20 and 12.5 from him which justifies his bad effort at times, slow on rotations and his two to three terrible turnovers per game. 

So you want 20 and 12.5 from a guy that you don't want featured in the offense? He could get that easily if he got more than 9 shots a game.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Trout7 said:

It would help this team tremendously if Korver and Bazemore could permamently slide into their roles as backups, even if one of them is a 70 million dollar cheerleader.

Agreed, both have a much more consistent chance for positive results coming off the bench. Interesting Kyle was open so often from three doing that. Just want to mention everyone showed some improvement with feeding Dwight it seemed. Some nice plays there.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, hawkman said:

So you want 20 and 12.5 from a guy that you don't want featured in the offense? He could get that easily if he got more than 9 shots a game.

He doesn't need to be featured as a low post scoring threat, he needs to be featured in being a garbage man and someone who runs and attacks the defense in movement. When he has to do back the basket is where he gets in trouble. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He doesn't need to be featured as a low post scoring threat, he needs to be featured in being a garbage man and someone who runs and attacks the defense in movement. When he has to do back the basket is where he gets in trouble. 

Since its apparently not reasonable for us to enjoy a Hawk's win with Dwight on the roster, did you catch Boston's game last night? I didn't but Al's boxscore sure looked good. Enjoying a Hawk's win isn't really all that hard for me personally.  

59 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Since its apparently not reasonable for us to enjoy a Hawk's win with Dwight on the roster, did you catch Boston's game last night? I didn't but Al's boxscore sure looked good. Enjoying a Hawk's win isn't really all that hard for me personally.  

I rather win than lose like in everything. 

27 minutes ago, terrell said:

Exactly..It took Lebron,Wade,Bosh time to gel, but for some reason, these fools thought Dwight,Dennis,Milsap would be worldbeaters overnight...smdh. Give em some time folks. Its a loooooong NBA season..

I always say that as well but I must admit I panicked like a lil ...well I panicked a bit lol

55 minutes ago, terrell said:

Exactly..It took Lebron,Wade,Bosh time to gel, but for some reason, these fools thought Dwight,Dennis,Milsap would be worldbeaters overnight...smdh. Give em some time folks. Its a loooooong NBA season..

It's just human nature.  Us fools living in a "what have you done for me lately" world can't help it.  It's the pessimism that lives within us as Hawks fans that tells us "they're never gonna gel, why give 'em time?"  

It's just the aggregious mistakes and miscues that our 1 and 5 make from time to time that exhausts me.  I don't ask for All-NBA play out of that duo, I just grew up with the notion that 1 and 5 must be damn near mistake-free because possessions on both ends start and finish with them.  Then again it's just me being a little bitch because Jeff rarely made mistakes on offense, same with Al on defense yet I had my fair share of gripes last year too.

I gotta get over that in the new NBA where positions are blurring everyday.  I got faith we gonna make noise simply based of Dwight beasting Cleveland's and Torontos's front lines.  I have issues with Dennis' decision-making, but never his ballsack.  His energy is very tangible.  

In every arena in life repetition and practice pays dividends.  Kevin Love looked like a bum last year, even though most everyone knew he was a stud.  

I know we're supposed to hate the Celtics, but they're "Big 3" is the only heavily revamped contending roster that didn't take any time gelling like felons (remember those stupid commercials?). They're toughest test the whole year was an upstart Hawks squad!

Edited by benhillboy

Anyone notice that to start the game Millsap guarded JV and Dwight guarded Sikam?

I think this helped our 1-5 PnR defense.  Millsap was the better defender from the PnR when JV set a screen for Lowry.  A subtle change like that is important.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Anyone notice that to start the game Millsap guarded JV and Dwight guarded Sikam?

I think this helped our 1-5 PnR defense.  Millsap was the better defender from the PnR when JV set a screen for Lowry.  A subtle change like that is important.

I'll get my dog right on that....:-| 

Sikam...lol I love it I'm bustin...

Its pronounced.. SEE YAK AM

But good point on the switch I didn't notice that at all great eye there.

38 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I always say that as well but I must admit I panicked like a lil ...well I panicked a bit lol

We pretty much all have so far and will again a few times before the playoffs get here. Two blowouts in a row will do that. When they do get here the swings for most of us will be exponential.