• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Thunder

lethalweapon3

Pretty unreal stuff. Heavy, heavy minutes by the starters with nice performances. Backups were ehhh so not much choice with the minutes. If ever our back has been against the wall during the early season this was a great example. Oh yeah and what about Dennis!!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JTB said:

Baze actually ran point very well towards the end of the 3rd when he had about 3 assist on some very good passes.

Absolutely stunned, confused and happy about that all at once.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, django2341 said:

And it surely was a tough call for Bud tonight. At the end you have to say it was a great gameplan. Shorten the rotation, playing small, sit Muscala and Delaney in the 2nd and let Schröder and Millsap play like 40 minutes and take over. It all worked. Good coaching right there if you ask me.

Guess he didn't feel there was any choice with the bench's drought right now and being down our starting center.

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

Also I must say I was weary of the game plan but it worked. 

Russell was too focused on scoring to take advantage of the size mismatch down low. Hats off to the team as a whole going gangbusters on the defensive rebounds too.  Good team effort there. 

well said. I couldn't believe Russell wasn't feeding his big men all game to take advantage of obvious size match ups. Thank God for us that he cares more about his scoring total than winning games.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

What a game. Great win for the Hawks. While I do think Howard is definitely a net positive on the court, it was great to see so much ball movement and motion within our offense without him.

Yeah agreed.  Imagine if we're able to fold Howard into that circus (meant in a good way).

• Moderators

Really, really hoping this is a turning point for Sap's season.  Not that he will be this good all the time (few players are) but that he will be healthier/more engaged than he has been to date.  We need this Sap to reach our potential.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Last night's win isn't out of us doing anything different.  In fact, it was a lucky win.   When a guy is out, usually other players step up.   That's what happened.  However, they stepped up into their comfort zone.  Dennis..I give credit.. played in control for most of the game.  He and Sap hit big shots.  However, I want to see us get to the point when we don't need clutch scoring because we would have put the game out of reach by the 4th.   We have the talent to do that, we just need to gel.  We're still not there yet. 

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Last night's win isn't out of us doing anything different.  In fact, it was a lucky win.   When a guy is out, usually other players step up.   That's what happened.  However, they stepped up into their comfort zone.  Dennis..I give credit.. played in control for most of the game.  He and Sap hit big shots.  However, I want to see us get to the point when we don't need clutch scoring because we would have put the game out of reach by the 4th.   We have the talent to do that, we just need to gel.  We're still not there yet. 

I think we have to accept that Dennis is going to be more of a scoring point guard than a passing one. I thought he would be a Rondo with a better jump shot but instead he's turning into a Marbury without the crazy. That isn't a bad thing. It just means our expectations need to be reset.

Clearly Bud is giving him the green light to do this. And to be fair to Dennis he's excelling at doing this. He rarely has a bad shooting game.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Diesel said:

There's nothing "lucky" about winning on the road as a struggling team, against a hot team, against a top 3 player in the league, short-handed in an area of your opponents' strength.

I agree with the rest of your comments though.  I just disliked the characterization of this as a "lucky" win.  This was a big win they went out and earned.

vor 39 Minuten, Diesel sagte:

You can replace Russell with Dennis in this quote most games...

Wtf are u talking about again? What you quoted whas about miss-matches. Stop creating false myths. And yeah its on other squakwkers too that they believe in them. Just weird anyone takes you srsly. I hate fans like you, never in the whats going on in reality but always trying to find something negative. Dwight never whas a 1st or even 2nd option for the last almost 10 years. When they in the past actively went to feed him out of halfcourt situations it lead to TO's galore. Just stop posting already. Our problem is 115 points a game against us. And yeah your other whipping boy Horford has allot to dop with that, U know nothing about basketball, you just want ball-movement and rebounding for christmas. Well congrats.

Edited by DS17Fanboy