• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Celtics at Hawks

lethalweapon3

7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

If only NBASupes would have said f Horford, the Hawks would have beat Boston and they would be the best team in the NBA and beat Cleveland in the ECF 

There is no need to discuss how Horford's abilities would have made the Hawks better after every loss. We also don't discuss how Jeff, DeMarre, Smove or Pete could have helped to win after every loss. Horford isn't playing for the Hawks anymore and he does because he decided to play somewhere else himself. So let it go! I know that may be hard, since I'm a homer of one player too, but this player is at least still playing for the Hawks.
If you can't let it go, register here (this is no request to leave the squawk!!!) there your praise of Horf may be appreciated more and since they already started to question his contract (like "a max player shouldn't be the 4th best player on a team"), there seems to be a need to show them his strength...

Edited by rd79
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, rd79 said:

There is no need to discuss how Horford's abilities would have made the Hawks better after every loss. We also don't discuss how Jeff, DeMarre, Smove or Pete could have helped to win after every loss. Horford isn't playing for the Hawks anymore and he does because he decided to play somewhere else himself. So let it go! I know that may be hard, since I'm a homer of one player too, but this player is at least still playing for the Hawks.
If you can't let it go, register here (this is no request to leave the squawk!!!) there your praise of Horf may be appreciated more and since they already started to question his contract (like "a max player shouldn't be the 4th best player on a team"), there seems to be a need to show them his strength...

We played the Celtics. It was Horford's first game in Atlanta. On top of that, this place shits on him daily and everyone knows I am a fan of Horford and NOT a big fan of Howard but I do like his overall play of late. Maybe you guys should put me ignore because Horford has five threads around here and I didn't create NONE of them, hell I didn't even post in most of them but I am the blame. You guys can f*** off for all I care. 

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

We played the Celtics. It was Horford's first game in Atlanta. On top of that, this place shits on him daily and everyone knows I am a fan of Horford and NOT a big fan of Howard but I do like his overall play of late. Maybe you guys should put me ignore because Horford has five threads around here and I didn't create NONE of them, hell I didn't even post in most of them but I am the blame. You guys can f*** off for all I care. 

I really tried to not offend you in my post but it seems I wasn't successful

Non issue. Stop hating on Supes. Of course a player you've been watching for 9 years is going to grow on you. Its like watching a mini-series on TV for 9 years basically, only for men and with actual abilities being dsiplayed. Spescially when he whas a keypiece, one that whas hard to judge and been in plenty of discussions over the years.

IMO Horford whas key in our last defeat. He whas on so many times on the right side of things, both on offense, but even more on D. He even gathered some tough rebounds vs Howard. But anyway, our bench almost got them...

Edited by DS17Fanboy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, rd79 said:

That's an awesome link thanks! If I wasn't a nice guy, I'd register an account on that site, slowly befriend all the Celtics fan by using my 35 year knowledge of the NBA by posing as a Celtics fan then slowly begin to tear them up from the inside methodically. It would take anywhere from a few weeks till the end of the season, then at the very end of the season when they got knocked out of the playoffs (even better if it was by us) let them know what a piece of shit franchise they really are, and exactly how much $hit they could all go eat...

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA....now wouldn't that be a hoot. Wait, this sounds pretty fun....no no no, you said you were a nice guy, ur better than that (talking to myself)....

IMG_8024.GIF

My biggest issue in this game with Horford wasn't really even with Horford's playmaking (though it's nice, it's not what won Boston the game), it's that he recognized two, maybe even three actual play calls by the Hawks rather easily (and I'm not even talking about something simple and stupid by a PG that was pressing).

There was one play in which I knew for sure that it was a play designed to get Howard an easy layup at the rim, but Horford had it snuffed out from the get go. Millsap was going to the hole with Howard moving toward it, but Horford was there and while Howard got the pass, it was ripped away from him in a short time period.
There was another play in which it was supposed to be a Millsap-Howard lob, but it was recognized by Horford. Luckily, Millsap is smart and was able to adjust and hit a layup.

And then the final play might have also been recognized by Horford. The switch to zone, with no timeouts had the team going nowhere.

In a game that ended up being close, although it shouldn't have been, recognizing a play or two can go a long way.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, LamarHampton said:

We would be even classier if you would STFU you silver spoon diva.

It's unbelievable. 9 years, playoffs every year, and he gets booed. Stay classy, Atlanta.

• Like 2

Maybe Anna could occupy her spare time (which is all of her time I believe) with a nine to five. Never know it might even breed some humility and gratefulness for who actually made her a millionaire. Al's ex employers.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Are there players from other teams that leave big money on the table to go elsewhere and don't get boo'd.  Durant is getting booed in okc right?  Howard gets booed in Orlando despite making that place relevant.    Horford got a real nice hand after his video presentation.   The boos were nothing compared to what Joe gets and it should probably be the other way around.

• Like 1