• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Knicks (1 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

21 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Does Mike Scott have some terminal Illness that we don't know about or is he just done at 28?

Today does make you wonder because if he ever was going to get minutes this game was it. No Dwight or Moose (thankfully in Moose's case) and Scott only gets ten minutes. He got the Prince treatment today. Plus Sap playing almost forty minutes on the second game of a back to back. Weird decisions.  

• Like 2

It honestly felt like this game was stolen, there was a lot of sluggish play. Bazemore came out with tons of energy, or the Hawks might have dug a much bigger hole to start, and then Hardaway Jr and Schröder had clutch plays down the stretch...and were the only players that were getting baskets in the 4th.

• Premium Member

I have to agree with those wondering about Mike Scott. We had Millsap out there for too long. When Bud already knew we had no Dwight or Moose how the heck can he not play Scott more? Is Mike Scott in the doghouse for the entire season here?

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I have to agree with those wondering about Mike Scott. We had Millsap out there for too long. When Bud already knew we had no Dwight or Moose how the heck can he not play Scott more? Is Mike Scott in the doghouse for the entire season here?

I was just wonderinf if he's going to be given a shot going forward with Moose out.

Any idea how severe Moose's injury is?

So NBARadio does this thing where they jokingly play each teams' radio call when there's a last second win/loss like ours.  To compare homer calls when their team loses.  It's pretty funny most times.

Just played Holman's call.  Said it was a good call.  Isola took umbrage to his shot at sMelo.  Holman said STTE: "And the great Carmelo misses a 3-footer!"  Holman was clearly taking a shot.  Hilarious.

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Better in the doghouse than in the jailhouse, amirite Dolfan?  @JayBirdHawk (considering your chosen profession)?

I hate to say it, but if you pay close attention, Prince has NBA ready skills but his off ball defense makes him borderline unplayable if you want to try to win. Playing a zone scheme for years is going to get etched into your muscle memory, so blame Baylor, not him.

If he didn't have that stupid zone scheme etched in his muscle memory, it'd be stupid to not play him at least 15 minutes a game. But it has to get pushed out of him first.

• Like 1

After those two horrible games, Dennis played like a hall of famer last night. Those buckets in the 4th, getting the ball with no/little clock and then doing all that, whas simply marvelous. One of the highlights of his young career. Great win!

5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I hate to say it, but if you pay close attention, Prince has NBA ready skills but his off ball defense makes him borderline unplayable if you want to try to win. Playing a zone scheme for years is going to get etched into your muscle memory, so blame Baylor, not him.

If he didn't have that stupid zone scheme etched in his muscle memory, it'd be stupid to not play him at least 15 minutes a game. But it has to get pushed out of him first.

Agreed. THjr  came from NYK as a really bad defender who  didn't even try on that end.  A year later look at him.  Prince's on  ball defense is good, quick hands, gets steals  but like you said till struggling with off ball and team defense.

8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Omg wow...

5 minutes ago, DS17Fanboy said:

After those two horrible games, Dennis played like a hall of famer last night. Those buckets in the 4th, getting the ball with no/little clock and then doing all that, whas simply marvelous. One of the highlights of his young career. Great win!

Like a hall of famer? Wow

vor 6 Minuten, Spud2Nique sagte:

Omg wow...

Like a hall of famer? Wow

Whats wow about that? You know whats wow, you not finding what Dennis did wow. The way he went pure clutch multiple times in various ways. I dont see that often from any player. Typical Jordan type takeover, except Dennis did it bailing out plays without the play being run for him. You as a fan suck! And that so little praise is on this board tonight, other than "he played well" amazes me. Wow...

Edited by DS17Fanboy

1 minute ago, DS17Fanboy said:

Whats wow about that? You know whats wow, you not finding what Dennis did wow. They way he did multiple times and at those times. I dont see that often from any player. Typical Jordan type takeover, except Dennis did it bailing out plays without the play being run for him. You as a fan suck!

Oh ya haha...I as a Hawks fan suck but you as a Dennis fan is a true fan of the Hawks. Comon bro gulp on Dennis only on ur own time. He had a good game but mentioning Hall of Fame or comparing him to Jordan in any way makes you sound like you don't know what the hell youre talkin about.

I like Dennis too but I'm not ready to put Hall of Fame anywhere near his name and putting him in the same category as the best player of our generation in Jordan makes you sound like ...just a Dennisfanboy. Lol.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

End the insults @DS17Fanboy.  Your post was fine until the "you suck as a fan" bit.  

@AHF you obviously just don't see that @DS17Fanboy is the Michael Jordan of this message board. You suck as a mod. :stirthepot: :saythat: :doublefinger:

just kidding !

:hail:

Love you all very much, let's hug it out!

but back on topic, it is astonishing that Prince being picked where he was still can't get halfway consistent minutes, but I tend to think like others have mentioned that his defense is keeping him off the court. I do believe that there is a pattern with newcomers 'getting it' a lot more in their second year in this particular program, so I am still hopeful. He has the tools.

and Dennis had a great game in NYC. Rarely ever saw games like that from Teague, but I feel like we are seeing them a lot more with Dennis and he's a good bit younger than Teague, so I am hopeful on that front as well. But MJ? Naw, son. 'Specially not after he put up a couple stinkers like he did. Much praise to the whippersnapper and all that jazz, but much work to be done before we start talking HOF or MJ's second coming. 

The move that Dennis put on Rose on the first of his two key baskets was ridiculous. Rose was actually trying to D up, looked like he was doing a good job of it and at the last second he was barely beaten somehow.

Then the second one, it's where I've said Hardaway Jr has changed, just slightly. If he's in New York, he's probably putting up that shot. Instead he waits for Humphries to roll a bit, passes it to Humphries, and Humphries makes a great pass to Dennis for the three.

I'll say it again, this was a really sluggish game at times. The guy who has barely played was key and then Hardaway Jr and Schröder were the only guys that hit field goals in the 4th quarter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LamarHampton said:

@AHF you obviously just don't see that @DS17Fanboy is the Michael Jordan of this message board. You suck as a mod. :stirthepot: :saythat: :doublefinger:

just kidding !

:hail:

Love you all very much, let's hug it out!

but back on topic, it is astonishing that Prince being picked where he was still can't get halfway consistent minutes, but I tend to think like others have mentioned that his defense is keeping him off the court. I do believe that there is a pattern with newcomers 'getting it' a lot more in their second year in this particular program, so I am still hopeful. He has the tools.

and Dennis had a great game in NYC. Rarely ever saw games like that from Teague, but I feel like we are seeing them a lot more with Dennis and he's a good bit younger than Teague, so I am hopeful on that front as well. But MJ? Naw, son. 'Specially not after he put up a couple stinkers like he did. Much praise to the whippersnapper and all that jazz, but much work to be done before we start talking HOF or MJ's second coming. 

Agreed. The voice of reason @LamarHampton comes through once again. :-) Ya man, like I said before we are all Hawk fans here and I understand emotions run high but we will always be one fam here at squawk. I want Dennis to succeed as much as anyone here, I guess I just felt that hall of fame and Michael Jordan talk were a bit premature that's all. I do think Dennis is a stellar player at his age and if his growth continues the way it should, he's gonna be a perennial all star for many years. No hard feelings on this end whatsoever.