• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Jazz at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Great game thread again lw3!!! The way you intertwine the jersey #'s of Joe Johnson to Matty Ice is a thing of beauty. After the first few paragraphs you also mentioned that you weren't mad? Ya, I can tell ;-)...I don't live in Atlanta so my opinion probably doesn't count but WTF people? You support the Braves, Falcons, all the collegiate things..WHAT HAVE THE HAWKS DONE TO YOU??? Honestly, at this point, I'm not even sure fans would show up if we had LeBaby! Wait a minute, ya they would. But you prolly feel me.

Being a Hawks, Braves, Lions and honorary Falcons fan (possibly permanent 2nd fav team...you know the brotherhood thing..) yesterday really hurt. It took me back to 88 Celtics beating us (we had game 6)..The Twins Jack Morris, the Blue Jays Alomar, Carter and Devon White and the Phillies Kruk, Lenny D, Daulton and co. Frankly, I'm surprised we beat the Pirates in 92...(Bonds throw lasted 2 seconds but 2 decades watching Bream run)..and beating the Indians in 95, thank you sports Gods for giving us 1, when those teams shoulda had at least 3 in my mind. 

Are we cursed, possibly. Why do all the good things happen to Boston. Celtics won in 2007, the first year of the big 3, you all know if that was us, we never woulda won. The Red Sox break their long drought in 2004, and win 2 more after that, Braves woulda never done that, and the Pats..5 Super Bowl wins in 17 years...and Tom Brady has just about everything go right in not only his career but his entire life. At this point, nobody can persuade me that you make your own luck. I believed that at one point, possibly even up till yesterday, but no longer. I'm not pessimistic moving forward but I might believe in destiny a bit more. 

go hawks! (Honestly I can't even muster up caps on this)...woo hoo..let's gettem. :-|

4 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Being a Hawks, Braves, Lions and honorary Falcons fan (possibly permanent 2nd fav team...you know the brotherhood thing..) yesterday really hurt. It took me back to 88 Celtics beating us (we had game 6)

The pigskin birds may well get one or two more shots in the next few years so maybe we reverse some of this painful static in that window. Very much agree with the comparison with us leading the Celts and couldn't close them out two games in a row.

2 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Save this one for later (like, postgame), if you can stand it, but after last night I was feeling like appending this screed from back in 2014. I could only wish the Dream collapse was the worst of the bunch.

~lw3

As my friend (Laker fan) likes to tease me, human highlight film, highlight factory, how bout some rings? Lol

A great friend and a douche all at once! :-)

8 minutes ago, Thomas said:

The pigskin birds may well get one or two more shots in the next few years so maybe we reverse some of this painful static in that window. Very much agree with the comparison with us leading the Celts and couldn't close them out two games in a row.

I agree that we had 2 cracks at them...but Bird said it then and I knew it as well...if we lost game 6, there's no way we would get game 7. Frankly I'm surprised we didn't get blown out in game 7. But game 6 was ours...it stung bad as a kid for me, prolly like last night's Falcons game stung for many kids. :-( I feel for them, as an adult you get over things a bit easier but as a kid you just cry. I dunno even know why I said that, I cry as an adult and I don't care what people think. Lol.

2 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

But game 6 was ours...it stung bad as a kid for me, prolly like last night's Falcons game stung for many kids.

Those two games against the Celts were seen by everyone in America it seems. Everyone remembers it. Like an archaic nightmare. 

6 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

:Bud: "Those floors won't towel themselves, Tiago."

Budenholzer on Tiago Splitter: He's doing more in shootarounds, more in practices" but stopped short of saying he was closer to a return.

Someone who doesn't follow the NBA might say Bud is keeping an Ace in the Hole. We know much better though.

• Like 1

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Someone who doesn't follow the NBA might say Bud is keeping an Ace in the Hole. We know much better though.

Sweet, sweet 4 of clubs just waiting to be unleashed!

• Like 4