• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pacers at Hawks (1 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

7 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Dennis was mostly sulking.

Whatever you want to express with this one, but indeed he looked pissed when he had to give Tim the ball...

And yes Dennis already had better streches this season but I left the chat when I read about Dennis beeing schooled by Jeff tonight and everybody seemed to agree. I know box score isn't everything but: 18 pts, 1fg away from 50%, 40% on 3, 100% on FTs, 7 assists, 3 steals and one turn. Yeah Jeff whipped his ass.... Yes I expect more from Dennis (especially than he delivered the last two games) but somehow posters around seems to get hypercritical on Dennis...

I'm out for tonight, I'm quite angry and it seems one could read this in and between the lines ;-)

• Like 1

Well, to downplay some drama, there is always the sixty one percent from the foul line that helped put us in a tight situation but am thinking I'll leave those details to Gray Mule. Not even high school quality at the foul line.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

Bazemore was great for the Pacers tonight.

And the final results, shooting by Baze. Should that even count as a percentage.

1-7 0-4 0-0

Foul shooting % = Disaster!

My cable went out with about 1 1\2 minute left and a Hawks lead of 4 points.

Guess we didn't do so good after that.

With foul shooting like this, they didn't deserve to win.  Pitiful !!

• Like 1

Now I understand the next to last play was a busted play. They were trying to force a switch for Hardaway Jr onto a big man. It didn't work, but I like that kind of play and he usually can take bigs (it's a part of his improvement).

But still, there were plenty of timeouts? If the play looks like a bust, why not call TO?

Ham did a nice job of managing I thought, especially because if Dennis wasn't in foul trouble, I don't think Kent ever comes back in the game. He did it differently, in that he subbed Kent out much sooner and when he saw what Tim was doing was positive, while Kent struggled, he was not going to give Kent his **annual 30**.

3 hours ago, rd79 said:

I have only two questions about this game

1. How long will Baze continue to start?
  2. Why called Darvin Tim to handle the ball on the decisive possession?

Baze got to have blackmail on Baze. 

Just some bad basketball down the stretch

Sap had Jeff on him and couldn't score

Then we dribble the air out of the ball to take a long contested 3.

The inability to defend the 3 is more than frustrating at this point

The transition defense that gave up that open 3 to Robinson was just SMDH.

11 hours ago, GameTime said:

Darvin Ham cost us this game

Inexcusable.

WOW this lets Darvin look even worse.
At least we don't have to worry about losing our leading assistant coach again this offseason...

• Like 1

Meh, we didn't deserve to win.  No need to get into the nitty gritty of it, really.

Missed free throws.  Poor stretches of execution.  The Skip 'n DelaneySucks show allowed to continue.

All that was missing was some MuscMinutes.

I mean, we really snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory yesterday.

The one way for us to lose was to allow George to go off and, low and behold, we allow him to amas fifty-leven points by the 1st qtr?

• Moderators

Wing problems.   Baze and Thabo are just a black hole on offense.   Playing them together and starting them is a big problem.  I understand that Tim makes boneheaded decisions sometimes but i'd rather put the best talent out there.   I think Baze and Thabo defensively are overrated at this point.   I mean we're getting routinely torched by opposing wings.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Wing problems.   Baze and Thabo are just a black hole on offense.   Playing them together and starting them is a big problem.  I understand that Tim makes boneheaded decisions sometimes but i'd rather put the best talent out there.   I think Baze and Thabo defensively are overrated at this point.   I mean we're getting routinely torched by opposing wings.   

Oh man, macd you must be back on your meds.  Or back off them?  'Cause I agree totally with everything you just wrote.

The only conceivable reason not to start THJ is to ensure we have offensive pop off the bench.  I get it, but when you weigh that against the deplorable nature of the starting lineup with Thabo/Skip out there.  Sorry, Baze is just plain bad on defense.  He gets his 'rep' based simply on activity.  Well, if your man is constantly getting by you, getting into the lane and forcing the team to get in rotation on D ... uh, what are we doing here?  That's bad defense.

And Thabo ... he has moments where he's really good on D.  But, he's lost a step so his effectiveness is limited.  Just like an aging scorer, he'll have glimpses of really good play, but largely he shows that father time will always be undefeated.

I'm not as high on Printz but I freely admit us failing to develop him early is why he's not as big for us now as he should be.  Why in the actual f*ck is Bembry riveted to the bench when we need to keep someone out of the lane?!?  He was effective against Harden without fouling?!  That's unheard of.  Budz response ... DNP-CD.  Is he hurt?

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Oh man, macd you must be back on your meds.  Or back off them?  'Cause I agree totally with everything you just wrote.

The only conceivable reason not to start THJ is to ensure we have offensive pop off the bench.  I get it, but when you weigh that against the deplorable nature of the starting lineup with Thabo/Skip out there.  Sorry, Baze is just plain bad on defense.  He gets his 'rep' based simply on activity.  Well, if your man is constantly getting by you, getting into the lane and forcing the team to get in rotation on D ... uh, what are we doing here?  That's bad defense.

And Thabo ... he has moments where he's really good on D.  But, he's lost a step so his effectiveness is limited.  Just like an aging scorer, he'll have glimpses of really good play, but largely he shows that father time will always be undefeated.

I'm not as high on Printz but I freely admit us failing to develop him early is why he's not as big for us now as he should be.  Why in the actual f*ck is Bembry riveted to the bench when we need to keep someone out of the lane?!?  He was effective against Harden without fouling?!  That's unheard of.  Budz response ... DNP-CD.  Is he hurt?

I don't know.   I know Bembry isn't big but I could see playing him at the 3 with Tim at the 2.    The total lack of shooting is what is holding him back i think.   It's one thing to be a bad shooter but to be so bad you won't even take a jumper is a problem that defenses will pick up on quickly.   But if you play him with Tim he won't need to provide much scoring.   

And just admit it.  You agree with everything i say.  You don't even know if you have original thoughts anymore or if you just re-state mine. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

And just admit it.  You agree with everything i say.  You don't even know if you have original thoughts anymore or if you just re-state mine. 

Wait .... am I macdaddy?

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Had the exact same thought.

Is AHF really RD79?

Is this real life?

And to stay semi-on topic, fortunately we didn't make NBARadio's 'Battle of the Broadcasters' segment.  They basically play the calls for both teams when there's a last second win/loss.  Really just to lol at the misery of the losing broadcast.  It's actually pretty funny stuff.

We got bumped by the Seeees losing to PHX because Saint Brad forgot to leave himself a timeout thereby forcing them to inbound near PHX's basket which led to a buzzer-beater by the Suns. Ha

We also got bumped by UTA's last second win so I was spared listening to the Holman's call of the loss.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Wait .... am I macdaddy?

Is AHF really RD79?

Is this real life?

And to stay semi-on topic, fortunately we didn't make NBARadio's 'Battle of the Broadcasters' segment.  They basically play the calls for both teams when there's a last second win/loss.  Really just to lol at the misery of the losing broadcast.  It's actually pretty funny stuff.

We got bumped by the Seeees losing to PHX because Saint Brad forgot to leave himself a timeout thereby forcing them to inbound near PHX's basket which led to a buzzer-beater by the Suns. Ha

We also got bumped by UTA's last second win so I was spared listening to the Holman's call of the loss.

Even better was Isaiah Thomas being the culprit for the turnover that led to the game winning shot by PHX. It was amazing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

He was effective against Harden without fouling?!

Should have been enough to receive all the backup pg minutes from that performance. The guy doesn't have a jump shot but he is really ready to bust out on defense and ball handling as well. Another Bud conundrum with a player. Been doing it to Bembry, Kris and Prince all season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Baze and Thabo are just a black hole on offense.

Racist twat!

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Is this real life?

No you just had a wet dream...