• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Nets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

The move to the bench for Baze would be a great thing on a lot of levels.   I think it'd give him a chance to relax and play like he did last year.   Hit your open shots, make cuts, but don't dribble and jump and pass wildly.   I think Calderon will run a more traditional point and get the offense moving well.   

I must admit, this ain't the dumbest thing you've said (but you've said some dumb stuff so I don't know what that means).

At first I was against it because I felt like TradeBaze would have the ball in his hands too much.  However, if Jose can play that traditional 1 role and run the show, that might could (yes, 'might could') work.

As it is, I kinda think the only reason TradeBaze is still starting is because we have no offense off the bench.

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, DS5 said:

I really don't want to give up on Baze yet, but he's making it really tough.... if we can get a late 1st rounder in the offseason for him, we should pull the trigger and give his contract to THJ...

We would have to attach a 1st round pick to get someone else to take him.  If we could get anything of value for him it would be robbery.  Call up the Pelicans because they should be desperate for wing upgrades.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Sothron said:

I can't believe we barely beat the Nets. THE NETS. The ownership needs to remove Bud from the President role. He can't separate his manlove for Kent to see what needs to be done. I would take an non inflated basketball in trade for Bazemore. yet Bud the coach keeps putting him out there, game after game.

I can't believe you can't believe we barely beat the Nets.  I mean, have you seen who we've lost to this year?  C'mon, saffron (that's what I call you behind your back).  Do better.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I must admit, this ain't the dumbest thing you've said (but you've said some dumb stuff so I don't know what that means).

At first I was against it because I felt like TradeBaze would have the ball in his hands too much.  However, if Jose can play that traditional 1 role and run the show, that might could (yes, 'might could') work.

As it is, I kinda think the only reason TradeBaze is still starting is because we have no offense off the bench.

You obsession is making me uncomfortable.  

Anyway, Jose, Ersan, baze is some offense off the bench now.   The thing about Baze is that I think he knows exactly what should be happening on offense.  He's just powerless to make it happen.   

• Like 2

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, AHF said:

We would have to attach a 1st round pick to get someone else to take him.  If we could get anything of value for him it would be robbery.  Call up the Pelicans because they should be desperate for wing upgrades.

Was about to post the same thing in reference to the Hawks attaching a first rounder (maybe more) to move Bazemore and I think the Hawks try to do this and bring back Hardaway Jr.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, AHF said:

Agreed, Tight-face.  Who else needs wangs?

BKN - Desperate for bodies and 1sts.  Don't really have anything we need unless there's some kind of funky 3way getting Blopez to another team.

IND - Meh

CHI - I'd be all for it if they hadn't wasted McDermott.

OKC - This could be a perfect fit for Baze.

NYK - Could probably get him here without attaching a 1st.  Baze loves triangles.

PHI - Makes sense.  Vet, playoff experience to go along with their young stars(sic)

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

You obsession is making me uncomfortable.  

Anyway, Jose, Ersan, baze is some offense off the bench now.   The thing about Baze is that I think he knows exactly what should be happening on offense.  He's just powerless to make it happen.   

Obsession?  Nah, you don't rise to that level.  Now, Becky Hammon ... she's got something to worry about in that department.

Again, you're spot-on on TradeBaze.

1 hour ago, hazer said:

I'm loving the 'Sova and No-Way-Jose pickups, especially since it's keeping Moose and Delamey off the floor. To answer your question: THJr and freshPrince. You hearing me, Bud?

With a sprinkle of Bembry in there too.

giphy.gif

We've got options.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Anyways, I take my crow blackened with a side of smashed potatoes.

You'll take it the way it's served!-Dolfan (inmate 20453 at San Quentin)...

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Millsap on the Win and Dennis:

Dennis on the win and Paul:

I could listen to do it all Paul all day. I swear he's a throwback 80's player that was should have been born 20-30 years earlier. Consummate pro just comes to mind.

Kudos on Dennis for keeping his ego/pride/whatever in check.

On 3/8/2017 at 3:18 PM, lethalweapon3 said:

Then, Atlanta faces an angry Grizzlies team twice in the space of six days,

They just got a lil bit more peeved..

Just spitballing here, but could it be that starting Baze and having THJ come off the bench is an attempt to (1) maximize Baze's trade value this offseason ("hey, he's our starter!") while still giving him the benefit of the doubt and opportunity to turn things around and not basically dump on him and clearly lose faith by benching him after giving him that big contract, all while (2) depressing THJ's market value ("he's just a streaky bench guy!") since he's an RFA this offseason....?

i mean, being real, we are not beating the Cavs or GSW anyway, so why not consider doing these two things above which might be favourable this offseason? If starting Baze can convince some team out west (or some other team that would be unlikely to have seen him play often) to take Baze off our hands while giving us anything of value in return, that's fantastic. And maybe help us get a cheaper deal on Timmy.... Yeah, I could at least understand that.

just a thought. Not saying I agree with it, but I would understand it better than what I am witnessing nightly with Baze's terrible performance and not having some sort of subtext.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

I could listen to do it all Paul all day. I swear he's a throwback 80's player that was should have been born 20-30 years earlier. Consummate pro just comes to mind.

Couldn't agree more. Right attitude and a team player that can carry the load when forced to, which is often. Hard hat and lunch pail style. Financially he is certainly getting rewarded for it.

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, LamarHampton said:

Just spitballing here, but could it be that starting Baze and having THJ come off the bench is an attempt to (1) maximize Baze's trade value this offseason ("hey, he's our starter!") while still giving him the benefit of the doubt and opportunity to turn things around and not basically dump on him and clearly lose faith by benching him after giving him that big contract, all while (2) depressing THJ's market value ("he's just a streaky bench guy!") since he's an RFA this offseason....?

i mean, being real, we are not beating the Cavs or GSW anyway, so why not consider doing these two things above which might be favourable this offseason? If starting Baze can convince some team out west (or some other team that would be unlikely to have seen him play often) to take Baze off our hands while giving us anything of value in return, that's fantastic. And maybe help us get a cheaper deal on Timmy.... Yeah, I could at least understand that.

just a thought. Not saying I agree with it, but I would understand it better than what I am witnessing nightly with Baze's terrible performance and not having some sort of subtext.

Problem is that Baze isn't cooperating.  He keeps turning it terrible performances.   If he was off the bench then 7 point games aren't as glaring, but when you look at the starters production and see those single digits all the time I'd be concerned if i was thinking about trading for him.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Thomas said:

Couldn't agree more. Right attitude and a team player that can carry the load when forced to, which is often. Hard hat and lunch pail style. Financially he is certainly getting rewarded for it.

There is no team in the league that wouldn't take Millsap. He is everything you look for as far as skills, effort, and professionalism. I was always a fan of his dating back to his days in Utah, and it has been great seeing him get more exposure after switching conferences. Hopefully he gets his due on his next contract, since he definitely deserves it.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2017 at 10:31 AM, terrell said:

Bazemore makes 15 mill this year..17 next year..18 in 2018..And 19 in 2019..UNFREAKINBELIEVABLE...           NOBODY aint touching that contract. Sorry folks...

This isn't that bad anymore. Next year, we will see

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This isn't that bad anymore. Next year, we will see

I would agree, but he's looked so bad I think that contract would be hard to dump. If he didn't get off to such an icy start from three, you can sell him as a 3 point shooting wing that is a good passer but right now you can only sell him as a good passer.