• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Nets

lethalweapon3

Ouch (the feeling of the ton of bricks hitting you in the head making you realize the healthy Nets are better than your Hawks). Bud is already on vacation.  

Jeremy Lin is a better value than some guys we got.  When he was available I had no idea why the Hawks didn't take a look.  He's much bigger/stronger than the small, poor defenders  you're used to and is a premier PNR player.  

Make the playoffs and get trashed. Miss the playoffs and get a low lotto pick that'll turn out to be some true bench player who does one thing well like Dennis or some project like Prince with this scouting department.  I'm only looking forward to letting Sap walk, putting everything else on the table for Jimmy, and hope that #GarPax is awake and coherent.

Edited by benhillboy

25 minutes ago, Alex said:

Not as damaging a day for the Hawks as it could have been.  Bucks lost and Heat lost.  Bulls won and Pacers in overtime against the Cavaliers.  Would be huge if the Pacers won!!!

GO PACERS!!!!

vor 38 Minuten, NBASupes sagte:

Honestly, in the draft, every position can be upgraded. PG, SG, SF, PF due to Sap's contract and C. The Hawks need to draft the best talent+potential available. O.G. Annuoby is #1. 

he is #2. Hartenstein has more upside imo.

The evening out continues. This team won several games it shouldn't have this season and is paying for it now. It may make the playoffs but only because outside of the top 4, the east is really, really bad this year.

Gotta go back to the drawing board. Don't take a shot at the moon with getting a star caliber player (Dwight Howard). A strong GM is needed and every older player on this team needs to be gone this summer.

• Like 1

Remaining schedules:  Playoff clinching teams in green, teams eliminated from the playoffs in red

ATLANTA:  Boston - @Cleveland - Cleveland - Charlotte - @Indiana

CHARLOTTE:  @Washington - Miami - Boston - @Milwaukee - @Atlanta

CHICAGO:  @NY Knicks - @Philadelphia - @Brooklyn - Orlando - Brooklyn

INDIANA:  Toronto - Milwaukee - @Orlando - @Philadelphia - Atlanta

MIAMI:  @Charlotte - @Toronto - @Washington - Cleveland - Washington

MILWAUKEE:  Oklahoma City -@Indiana - @ Philadelphia - Charlotte - @Boston

Tiebreakers for Hawks

WIN vs CHICAGO:  Head to head ( 3 - 1 )

WIN vs MILWAUKEE:  Head to head ( 3 - 1 )

LOSE vs CHARLOTTE:  Head to head ( 0 - 3 ) 

LOSE vs MIAMI:  Division record - Atlanta: ( 5 - 10 .... 1 game remaining in division ) . . Miami: ( 6 - 7 ... 3 games remaining in division )

TIE vs INDIANA:  Head to head ( 1 - 1 )

if ATL and MIA tie in division record, ATL will win via having a better Conference record ( ATL 3 games ahead right now with each team having 5 conference games to play )

41 wins probably get the Hawks in the playoffs.  Which means they need to win 2 more games.   LOL . . where though?  

Would be nice if the 2 wins came vs Boston and Cleveland at home.   The home crowd need something to cheer for these days.   But we could easily drop the next 4.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Would be nice if the 2 wins came vs Boston and Cleveland at home.   The home crowd need something to cheer for these days.   But we could easily drop the next 4.

I think we get up for the big games and will take down Boston. Specially since they play the Cavs the night before. I think we can beat the Hornets as well. The other games we could possibly drop. Again this team is unpredictable. 

Also, some teams that are already eliminated play really loose and cause problems so you can't really count them out. Unless they are noticeably tanking like the Lakers and others.

"I think everyone is disappointed with the loss," Millsap said. "But at the end of the day, we have to get some wins. We know that. As long as everyone else keeps losing under us, we just have to make it to the playoffs. If we get there we feel like we have a really good chance."

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

"I think everyone is disappointed with the loss," Millsap said. "But at the end of the day, we have to get some wins. We know that. As long as everyone else keeps losing under us, we just have to make it to the playoffs. If we get there we feel like we have a really good chance."

I have a feeling tthat he doesn't believe that himself. He will leave in the offseason if he has any brains.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

I have a feeling tthat he doesn't believe that himself. He will leave in the offseason if he has any brains.

I have the feeling every loss will raise his demands... So he became much more expensive recently...

vor 5 Stunden, Spud2Nique sagte:

I think we get up for the big games and will take down Boston. Specially since they play the Cavs the night before. I think we can beat the Hornets as well. The other games we could possibly drop. Again this team is unpredictable. 

Also, some teams that are already eliminated play really loose and cause problems so you can't really count them out. Unless they are noticeably tanking like the Lakers and others.

Who've won last night against the Grizzlies lmao

What in the heyul has this Criss guy done in PHX to have y'all so enamored with him?

"Oh, he could be the next Chris Bosh."  Yeah, he's more likely the next Noah Vonleh.

Not saying I wouldn't have traded Sap.  Just saying I'm certainly not trading him for that guy.

Oh, and was anyone wanting to trade for complaining, whining, ill-fitting Nurkic while he was still in DEN.  Of course, now that he's leading POR to a Finals appearance, everybody's on the bandwagon.  "Oh, I knew he was the next Arvydas Chamberlain.  I jus' knew it."

Yeah, I'm taking my frustration out on all y'all.

Funny to see so many people now saying we should just miss the playoffs to get a better draft pick. I've been saying for awhile that we should have rebuilt after losing Al and that we completely botched this last offseason which was the perfect opportunity to start the rebuild. That said, I actually am in favor of still making the playoffs and just seeing how we perform. I think the playoffs would be good experience for Dennis and Prince (if Bud plays him). Also, the Hawks fan in me wants more games.