• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Wizards: GAME 2

lethalweapon3

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That was a coaching decision.   It's not his fault that coach trusted Muscala over him, toward the end of the 4th.

There is a reason why that is/was the case.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Howard was on the floor when the Hawks made the big run in the 3rd quarter.  So why couldn't he get back into the game?

Can't look at the +/- here at all. He was...

1. Not playing the Gortat/Wall PNR on defense well AT ALL.
2. Being beaten fundamentally by Gortat on the boards.

If he's in in the 4th, it probably doesn't matter. He lost through fundamentals on the boards vs Gortat on many key shots.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Howard was on the floor when the Hawks made the big run in the 3rd quarter.  So why couldn't he get back into the game?

Howard was lazy with some passes. I don't agree with the decision to bench him the entire 4th though. Bud is doing a poor job of balancing need for offense/spacing and the need for interior defense/rebounds. Wizards were destroying us with free throw jumpers at the end--we coulda used Dwight. 

We only had a chance to win because we got tons of FTs and the Wiz had foul trouble all night long and at the end they throw the game away. Don't think we get that many calls again and I really have no idea how to keep a game vs the Wiz close without them. That's why I'm very pessimistic about not getting swept...

I thought Dennis light a fire with that statement dunk to close the gap in the fourth but nope...

Buds rotations will always look awkward to me...

And don't pay Sap a single Dollar more than $66M for 3 yrs...

Don't pay THJ more than $60M for 4 yrs...

If you can't get something for Baze in the offseason, give him until next all star break to recover otherwise trade him for nothing and even throw in a 2nd if necessary...

• Premium Member

Nobody was great but only Baze was completely awful. He was only useful when the refs called fouls on each drive. He honestly missed a layup and got to shoot free throws at one point. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member

I'm not thrilled with losing two in a row, but it's not the end of the world. We will know if our guys want a series come Saturday. The only two times we were down 2-0 in the first round during our "playoff run" (Boston year one, Indy with Josh out the door) we won game 3/4. Pretty sure I'm not forgetting a year. 

Edited to add we have also won two games and dropped the next two before as well. I'm thinking Boston, Brooklyn, Miami, Milwaukee, 

Well, maybe hitting over twenty percent from three will be possible on our court but man without Bud using any common sense especially late we are so up against it right now. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

Thj pressing way too hard. Made a bunch of stupid decisions.

Baze blowing layups, turning the ball over, fouling and blowing the game as usual

Dwight showing no effort. Biggest disappointment. No signs of playoffdwight. Rather sleepwalkdwight.

This. 2 of these guys have yet to step up and better do it next game or this series is over. The third one can just sit on the bench all game next to Delaney - I'm sure you know which one I'm referring to.

• Like 2

The playoffs don't start until somebody wins on the road. All the Wizards did was go 2-0 and protect their home floor. Now it's our turn to do the same.