(Un)Official Game Thread: Clippers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

No matter how you feel about Bud as a coach, or how much talent is on the team, or the tanking/no tanking stuff, he needs to throw away his perimeter defensive scheme completely and come up with something different. Teams have long adjusted to it since really after the long win streak ended.

And before people go at me, I know one person would love to, this is something I've been pointing out for a LONG time. Sagging the defense isn't really going to work anymore with the emphasis on 3 point shooting.

...eh, considering Bembry has been out I'm giving him a pass. With one of my American football teams I thought it was more of the same from one player when he provided nothing against a mid tier team on opening day and he's had a pretty good season since.

Edited by Lurker

1 hour ago, rd79 said:

I'm slowly getting tired of watching this shit over and over again....

Then don’t. 64 more games of pretty much this left. I’m enjoying watching J-Bap develop, Menace continue his growth, Belli as 3zus 2.0, etc. You can’t tell me you’re surprised. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 hours ago, rd79 said:

And I see absolutely nothing in Bembry.
Is any of the pro tankers actually watching this games?

What is the connection between Bembry returning rusty from injury and pro-tankers?  He was a non-tanking pick that has a lot of growth needed who we should all be cheering for to make that leap.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, AHF said:

What is the connection between Bembry returning rusty from injury and pro-tankers?  He was a non-tanking pick that has a lot of growth needed who we should all be cheering for to make that leap.

No connection. Only two seperate thoughts in a single post.

1. I don't see the potential others see in Bembry, yet - but of course he should get some time to find his form after injury...
  2. I just would like to know if pro tankers watch this team losing all the time. Because people quitting on watching their team while losing, even watching other teams instead and then return when the tank pays off wouldn't be considered fans on this side of the Atlantic, especially if they are the ones who demand the tank. But I tried to ask without offending anybody...
Edited by rd79

3 hours ago, rd79 said:

1. I don't see the potential others see in Bembry, yet - but of course he should get some time to find his form after injury...
  2. I just would like to know if pro tankers watch this team losing all the time. Because people quitting on watching their team while losing, even watching other teams instead and then return when the tank pays off wouldn't be considered fans on this side of the Atlantic, especially if they are the ones who demand the tank. But I tried to ask without offending anybody...

I watch every play of every game. And go to a few in person every year, and will continue doing so. 

• Like 1

Nobody is expecting to see even a balanced number of wins this season and know I certainly was not expecting that from the get-go. We have a kid carrying the brightest torch for our future so watching with reasonable expectations will be required to make it through the whole season for a few most likely. If a big reason to believe in this team's growth to this point is needed then watch us match up against Boston and you should feel better. Boston will be in the ECF mix at the end of the season and we look strong against them. Most of us watched that thirteen win season so not expecting too many to tune into other team's games when we are playing unless we're getting absolutely blown out. Our games have mostly been pretty close and pretty enjoyable. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rd79 said:

Depends, the purpose of a tank is to acquire talent therefore it would behoove a fan to familiarize and scout their team’s potential future talent.  I imagine that there are time constraints given that none of us here are paid to follow sports fulltime therefore the percentage of attention will be adjusted.  I don’t see this as a strictly American thing as I also imagine the U-20s, U-18s, U-16s, etc. don’t toil in absolute obscurity until they reach their parent club over in Europe.

If a fan decides to go be a Celtics or LeBron fan for the duration of their original team cementing themselves at the bottom of the standings only to return when they ascend then sure, that may be call for derision but then again, free country and all that.

I for one don’t have any expectations of winning and watch for entertainment and for any positives that can be carried over into future seasons.  That means anytime I see Delaney, Bazemore and Muscala check into the game at the same time I’m quickly tuning out looking for whatever potential top prospects’ games that may be on or perhaps even just taking up knitting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MaceCase said:

As to Bembry.  He offers intriguing positives when healthy given his defense and that he’s the only other player on the roster than can dribble into the teeth of the defense without it resulting in the ball being tossed towards the underside of the backboard.

I hope you are right