• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Man, Hawksquawk

Vol4ever

10 hours ago, High5 said:

Considering we're 4-16 I don't think it has slowed down too much. The problem is that 90% of the discussion is the exact same argument over and over and over and over again.

And I'm completely sick of it. For the most part, I stay out of it, I've been busy anyway. I might be a little more active in a few weeks.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

What is there to talk about in a wasted season??

Are we really going to talk about how well we match up with other teams?

Are we really going to talk about coaching errors made in game?

Record wise, we're in last place and our offensive to defensive difference puts us 3rd from the bottom.  

We can elect to talk about draft picks that we know nothing about... Just hearsay.

We don't have enough valuable players to talk about trading and we're in a wasted season so there's no reason to trade unless we're trading more players for picks.

Talk will improve as we near the draft lottery.  We'll start debates on will we get the #1 pick and then when we don't we'll talked about how we were screwed and began to come up with ways to get rid of the draft lottery to make it more fair.

We can talk about the Hawks greats that we have seen out and about but that discussion doesn't hold any breath.

We can talk about making the experience better... but it's going there.

or maybe we can talk about Revelation 3:17

Bottom line...

The very thing that we talk about on this site related to the Hawks is did we make a smart move or not.  It's the only thing that has breath that we can talk about.  Because this season is wasted.

Old heads can remember the other times we had a firesale and we shot for the tank.  The discussion was the same.  Namely because in a firesale season when your objective is to lose out... you lose fans too. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Alex said:

There is nothing to say.  I can’t/don’t watch any of the games.  There aren’t any MSU players on the roster.

When Bridges becomes one of our first rounders next year then you will be back in full force? OK, Ayton or Doncic and then Bridges. Need all the Hawk fans we can muster right now. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Wretch said:

Honestly, 

Things are likely to pick up as we start to settle into a draft position.  Arguments are guaranteed to erupt over who to select.  Also, once we start adding that kind of talent, conversations are going to erupt over:

• <Insert pick> being bust 10 games in because they didn't want him drafted
  • Who we should trade
  • Who we should trade for
  • Whether or not we should mortgage picks/players for <insert available all-star veteran>
  • Whether or not we're making the playoffs

In the interim, it'll be like this.  In 2004 it was exactly the same.  There were like 3 conversations for about 5 months: why we didn't get more for our vets, why we should cheer for Stotts, Sura, and co. trying to win (meaningless) games, and whether or not BK was a genius for wiping the slate.

Remember those days.   

• Like 1

We lost way too many five star posters over one of the most inane things I've ever seen on the internet. And I was on the net back in the forgotten years of 1996. We could use those posters back but there's no point in crying over spilled milk.

The blatant and non stop troll warfare from two posters has almost completely killed my interest in posting and I know from speaking to other posters that I'm not alone in feeling that way. You add those two things up and its a shock we have any posts other than the Negative Nancies on this site.

Where did gray mule go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Sothron said:

We lost way too many five star posters over one of the most inane things I've ever seen on the internet. And I was on the net back in the forgotten years of 1996. We could use those posters back but there's no point in crying over spilled milk.

The blatant and non stop troll warfare from two posters has almost completely killed my interest in posting and I know from speaking to other posters that I'm not alone in feeling that way. You add those two things up and its a shock we have any posts other than the Negative Nancies on this site.

I apologize sir, but I still believe my nude duck face photos needed an audience. Perhaps it wasn't the right forum :)  .

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sothron said:

I was nauseous for days after that pathetic episode, nearly left as well. Glad I stayed, but hasn’t been the same since...

• Like 3

On 11/26/2017 at 10:01 PM, Vol4ever said:

Has really slowed down since the off-season.  What's the reason?

This is always the slow time for me. I have NBA Pass for the Hawks to watch and fantasy teams. Once the season is over and there is no games to watch, I am a lot more active.