• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pistons at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He's played aggressive defense all game.  And when he gets beat, there's no one at the rim to help.

Dennis is not, and never will be, a lockdown defender.

I'm talking offensively.

And no point guards are good defensively today lol but you can not be stupid and spend so much time celebrating a dunk, albeit a cool dunk.

• Like 1

Just now, Lurker said:

I'm talking offensively.

And no point guards are good defensively today lol but you can not be stupid and spend so much time celebrating a dunk, albeit a cool dunk.

Oh . . no doubt that Dennis pulled a "Kobe" for most of the game.  He wasn't completely disengaged, but he definitely made a point to pass the ball around.  That's what the coach wants.  Ball movement, and for the open man to take the shot.

Prince:  1 - 7

Baze:  2 - 10

Bench outside of Collins:  3 - 12

Sometimes a coach just have to let his best players do their thing, system be damned.

• Like 2

I'd still like to know why John Collins is actually in a game that's over lol. Especially considering that he's probably not 100%.

I actually think KB21 may end up being right. Bud might resign after this season.

Edited by Lurker

vor 3 Minuten, Lurker sagte:

I'd still like to know why John Collins is actually in a game that's over lol. Especially considering that he's probably not 100%.

I actually think KB21 may end up being right. Bud might resign after this season.

He's young and needs any game time to develop. Its not like he's a veteran on the court who doesnt learn a thing in garbage time.

Edited by StephenHawking
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, StephenHawking said:

He's young and needs any game time to develop. Its not like he's a veteran on the court who doesnt learn a thing in garbage time.

It's just not worth the risk unless he's 100%. Maybe he worsens what's ailing him.

And as I say that, he goes out.

If Bud resigns I might resign too lol. I can't take much more BS from the Hawks.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Dennis with 9 seconds on the clock . . . . sizes his man up and takes him off the dribble for a layup

Delaney with 9 seconds on the clock . . .  freezes for 5 seconds, then tosses it to the PF 35 ft away, who passes it back to Delaney, who has to jack up a 30 footer.

But hey, at least he's +5 for the game right now.

• Like 2

Can someone tell me why Cavanaugh wasn't seeing any minutes until garbage time?

Well Cavanaugh can't guard Drummond and we had Ilyasova shooting well along with Collins taking up some minutes. If it weren't for Drummond I imagine he would have gotten Plumlee's minutes.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Oh . . no doubt that Dennis pulled a "Kobe" for most of the game.  He wasn't completely disengaged, but he definitely made a point to pass the ball around.  That's what the coach wants.  Ball movement, and for the open man to take the shot.

Prince:  1 - 7

Baze:  2 - 10

Bench outside of Collins:  3 - 12

Sometimes a coach just have to let his best players do their thing, system be damned.

....and that's where you are wrong.  You do not let players just do their thing.  That's how players, in particular young players, develop bad habits.  That's how AAU coaches coach.