• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Thunder

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Lurker said:

No idea why they went they fast. No idea.

And, why they settled for two, instead of finding a 3 and getting outta there make-or-miss. (Then again, I can think of one reason, why... Bud, you rascal, you!)

Please, Hawks, just don't try to make amends tomorrow night. Heal up, Schro!

~lw3

• Like 1

The Hawks are so much less talented than OKC, no idea why Bud thought it would be a good idea to try to push that thing into OT. Eventually the giant was gonna wake up.

Collins had himself a game, upset that he messed up the perfect shooting on that last second heave but dont take anything away from him.

Bembry's been dreadful. If he's not even gonna convert layups at the rim then he's a lot less interesting to me. No problem with benching him tonight, he's gotta get it together.

Ersan, Belli good job getting that trade value up.

Outside of the late game execution, nothing to be upset about. Scoring 117 on the best defensive team in the NBA is impressive.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I can’t wait to see who’s interested in Bellinelli and what they’re offering.  Bud U. shined him up so damn good.

They were talking on NBA radio on how playoff teams that need shooting, are waiting on the non-playoff teams to become sellers.  The team they were specifically talking about, were the Sixers.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

They were talking on NBA radio on how playoff teams that need shooting, are waiting on the non-playoff teams to become sellers.  The team they were specifically talking about, were the Sixers.

The Sixers as buyers?  I'd love to get a pick of theirs with upside dependent on Embiid's health.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AHF said:

That was an ideal game.  Enjoyed that with my dad on a real tv instead of the internet too which was nice.

Belli definitely looks like a nice piece to add if you are a contender.  Wish he was 10 years younger.

Time to get Shield TV or a Fire TV

• Premium Member

This was a great shooting night for the Hawks but here we go again with this rebounding issue. 27 total rebounds? WTF? Allowing a team to shoot 54% from the field and 52% from 3?  Ben Hill calls that good coaching?  It doesn't take talent to box out or guard your man behind the arc!  Heck even Carmelo looked like a legit player tonight.  This Hawks defense has to improve at some point this season.

6 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

They got a pretty good trio of range shooters in Bayless, Covington, and Reddick but they should try to get better than 24th in team percentage.  Maybe Embiid lay off while McConnell takes a few more.  I don’t think Belli helps them too tough, much better fit with a vet-laden squad.  Philly wished they could just swap Reddick and his contract for Belli straight up though.  Basically the same guy for a quarter of the price.

Edited by benhillboy

I would float Belli and Ersan to any and every team in the league.  Minnesota seems like a good candidate because their depth is atrocious.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, benhillboy said:

They got a pretty good trio of range shooters in Bayless, Covington, and Reddick but they should try to get better than 24th in team percentage.  Maybe Embiid lay off while McConnell takes a few more.  I don’t think Belli helps them too tough, much better fit with a vet-laden squad.  Philly wished they could just swap Reddick and his contract for Belli straight up though.  Basically the same guy for a quarter of the price.

It was right after they had Robert Covington on.  They started talking about what it took in the East to make the playoffs ( which they determined was 41 wins ), and the teams that could get there.  When they got to Philly, they said that they could make it, but needed more outside shooting to offset the lack of shooting that Simmons brought to the team.  That's when they started talking about non-playoff teams that had wings that could be available come the deadline.  They didn't go in-depth with the convo, but they thought that Atlanta would DEFINITELY be sellers at the deadline.

We know that Prince is untouchable right now, unless we got a lottery pick for him.  So the wings that would be available are:

- Bazemore:  who is grossly overpaid, but a team with a bad or redundant contract at another position, might go after him.

- Beli:  who has shown that he can really knock down the 3 in bunches, when he gets open looks.  He'd be a nice piece off the bench.

- Ilyasova: who is technically a 4, but has been used in the past at the 3.  And since he can play decent team defense, teams may be interested in him

- Bembry: whose stock has dropped, in my opinion ( if he even had any stock ).  We need more consistency out of him.  A lot more.

- Babbitt: can knock down open 3s, but not much use anywhere else.

- Dorsey: n/a . . . so far he's a nothing, which makes trading that 31st pick in the Dwight trade all the more baffling.