• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lob to Motor City!

lethalweapon3

Think the Clippers are getting a good return on Blake.  Bradley is a good two way player and Tobias is still young and already very solid.  Blake helps Detroit, but that’s a lot for a guy who doesn’t do enough to help his new team out.

• Like 2

Clippers killed this:

Got a first, got a valuable expiring contract in Bradley (unless I'm missing a rule, they can probably grab another first round pick for him), got rid of a bad contract, and saved cap space.

And it wasn't terrible for Detroit either. But don't think they have the shooting to support a Blake/Drummond front court.

• Like 1

• Moderators

This makes sense for both teams but I don't think LAC killed it.  They are now officially in tank mode and have a long way to go in that regard.  Detroit should be better with Griffin so I'd say the pick they will receive won't be that great (let's project the #20 or around there).  Bradley is valuable and might be able to get them more future assets but they have to move him because he is gone otherwise.  Harris is overpaid but a solid rotation player.  I would rather have dealt him to a team that might go from good today to absolutely cratering within the next few seasons with protections on the pick favoring LAC (i.e., it doesn't convey if it isn't a lottery pick until the last year or something like that).

It isn't terrible for either team but what they get for flipping Bradley now will be key.

• Like 1

My honest opinion is I have no idea what Stan is doing. He gets the superstar but it doesn't make any sense based on how his team is built...plus Blake is pissed off about leaving Los Angeles by what I'm reading.

Probably not going to work for him.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 1

It's a decent haul for LA considering Blake's injuries/contract, but it's not very exciting. It's a bummer how their season turned out. I really wanted to see a Clippers/Rockets series. Counting on Blake, Gallinari, and Beverley to be healthy at the right times was never going to work, though.

For the Pistons, they're very sketchy outside of their big duo, and their duo isn't AD/Boogie (RIP). I'm not sure how much this changes for them, but Boston and Toronto are probably more nervous about the first round now. Which I'm all for. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
23 hours ago, capstone21 said:

At first I was thinking holy crap but actually I like the trade more for LA now ... they are not going anywhere and got a solid return and out of Blake’s horrendous contract

Blake is not a bad player.   IN fact, Jackson, Blake, and Drummond would be an old school dreamteam.   Only thing is they need shooters badly. 

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Blake is not a bad player.   IN fact, Jackson, Blake, and Drummond would be an old school dreamteam.   Only thing is they need shooters badly. 

Baze, Bellie, Moose - we are open for business for the right price.

• Like 1

I’ll blindly support any move Jerry West makes.  Then I realized Lawrence Frank is also in the front office so that gives me pause.  Still riding with Jerry.

I’m guessing there were some issues with Bradley and Harris in Detroit that we don’t know about.  I’ve never cared for Reggie Jackson, he seems like he would butt heads with Griffin sooner than later.  

I always thought Griffin was hard to build around because his intensity is inconsistent and his short arms hurt him in a lot of instances (.5 block career average for a PF playing his minutes with his hops is awful).   In spite of him greatly improving his dribbling and outside shooting he’s still asked to do a little too much.  Anyone can fit well with Drummond if the spacing is good.  Those SFs are gonna have to excel at 3 and D.  They looked pretty damn good tonight dragging the Cavs but who doesn’t nowadays. That boy Jae Crowder looks like he’s lost all love for basketball.

I keep hearing “Detroit wants to sell tickets.”  Blake’s hops is his marketability, and they’re a fraction of what they used to be so I don’t get that part.  Haven’t seen his commercials running 50 times a day anymore either.

Stan playing with house money.  I’m sure he was given an ultimatum this summer, one he shouldn’t have survived after their recent 8 game skid.

Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators

Bradley was very  underwhelming this year in Detroit (was much better in Boston) but the issue with Harris is interesting.  He has done pretty well as a tweener but his teams don't seem to think it adds up to much impact.  Kind of strange.