• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Clippers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Planning ahead.  If we had to do this same game over, Hawks would save Hunter's limited minutes for the end of the game!

Nail Clippers!  Hair Clippers!  LA Clippers!

If the Atlanta Hawks just faced the best team in the NBA and stayed with them until the final explosion, what does this say about our team?  Yeah.  Have we turned the corner?  What about all those potential trades?  Thursday looms!

:smug:

• Like 2

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

FU!!!! 31!!!! Oh you fck!!! Wait’ll you get near 50, it’s a frickin breakdown every night. 😂 

I don’t tell @kg01 this but sometimes after Hawks games I go to the bathroom 🚽 and cry 😢.

ps Planning my 50th bday party. Hoping to have it in Atlanta and attending a Hawks game. That’s the plan!

Go Hawks!!!

Imagine feeling old at 31. Feel sorry for blud lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Big if.  If the Hawks trade Capela, last night we got a preview of what our team will look like.  Following all the posts about the game I know that some posters were really down on our #3 center.  Bruno came through!  By games end these same posters were in his corner. 

Thursday coming soon.  The countdown to the trade deadline will shift from weeks remaining, now days remaining, then we will have hours remaining.  Will we?  The closer the time comes, the better we look!  Maybe?  Maybe not?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Big if.  If the Hawks trade Capela, last night we got a preview of what our team will look like.  Following all the posts about the game I know that some posters were really down on our #3 center.  Bruno came through!  By games end these same posters were in his corner. 

Thursday coming soon.  The countdown to the trade deadline will shift from weeks remaining, now days remaining, then we will have hours remaining.  Will we?  The closer the time comes, the better we look!  Maybe?  Maybe not?

I love Clint, but we should have moved him seasons ago. He's just not dependable anymore in his health and consistency, and hasn't been for a while.

• Like 1

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

@AHF random question -- what is the stat you always cite that's better than assist:turnover ratio?  For players that take tons of shots and play make? Like Trae?

I don't think there is a definitive stat on that.  I've pointed in the past to my belief that comparing ast% to to% is more fair than using a/to when comparing apples to oranges players like Trae and Chris Paul.  That is because players like Trae have many possessions where they have their scorer hat on and if they turn it over that isn't a true comparison to their ability to protect and distribute the ball when compared to someone like Chris Paul who isn't really responsible for scoring anymore.  By using %s, you at least have some degree of normalizing for the total number of possessions in which that player is involved which you don't get with the raw a/to comparison.  

I find comparing raw A/TO between players with dissimilar roles to be like measuring scoring efficiency and comparing between two players by using total points scored without looking at how frequently those players shoot.  Without knowing how often they shoot, you can't really make the comparison.  Without accounting for all the scoring possessions for someone like Trae or Ja or Kyrie, you can't compare them to low scoring passers like Paul or Mike Conley.  Of course those guys will have comparatively miniscule TO numbers when they aren't being asked to carry a significant scoring load for their teams.

• Thanks 1

Clips are good, but I don’t think they’re good enough to win it all. I doubt they’ll make it past Denver. I think the Wolves are better team, too, but there’s also a good chance Minny shits the bed come playoff time. 
But IDK. I haven’t seen them with Zubiac, so maybe he’s enough to make the difference. 

19 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Yeah, Trae has improved a lot. To me, he's clearly a top 25 player and honestly could be higher. 

He has matured that’s for sure and I think it’s a testament to not only Trae but the coaching he’s receiving from Snyder.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

FU!!!! 31!!!! Oh you fck!!! Wait’ll you get near 50, it’s a frickin breakdown every night. 😂 

I don’t tell @kg01 this but sometimes after Hawks games I go to the bathroom 🚽 and cry 😢.

ps Planning my 50th bday party. Hoping to have it in Atlanta and attending a Hawks game. That’s the plan!

Go Hawks!!!

If you do this we should make it our next Hawksquawk get together at a game.  @Mikey or @Sothron y’all gonna have to talk to Ressler about giving all of us Squawkers a discount like back in the day when we went and the owners were trying to find Diesel.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1