• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Clippers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

Really impressed with the Hawks right now. It they keep playing like this after the break they can absolutely make a run to the 6th seed, imo. 

Just keep getting better and playing as a team. The passing tonight was really good at times. Trae seems to be making all the right decisions. 

I'm thinking they stay in the Play In but climb to the 8th spot. The chemistry and execution is reminiscent of the second half of the '20-'21 season, but they've dug themselves into a pretty deep hole. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Clippers have all these guys in their proper roles finally.  Russ could never run a team that could flow offensively.  Harden could never run a conference finals level defense.  Paul George got derailed by LeBron and injuries.  But they all can fall in line behind Kawhi who can totally spearhead a championship level squad.

Health is critical but this is the best team in the NBA. They are clearly the best team. Next is Minnesota. OKC has elite depth. They will fade in the playoffs. This is one of those years a WC team will win it all. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
Just now, Sothron said:

I think if Capela was healthy and Jalen was more on his game we would have won. The Clips are honestly the best team in the NBA. 26-5 over their last 31 games. That's a statement loss if there is such a thing.

Even without Cap, JJ finishing half of those baskets at the rim gives the Hawks the advantage. Heck, if he drew contact and got to the line, that could've been the difference.

• Like 1

This is the first season where opponents’ offensive rating is higher with Trae off the floor than on.  I never thought I would see that this late in the season.  

He’s doing a lot of the sh%t I used to b%+ch about him not doing in years past.  I’m a Derrick White fan but if he’s selected ahead of Trae imma f&@kin flip.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Health is critical but this is the best team in the NBA. They are clearly the best team. Next is Minnesota. OKC has elite depth. They will fade in the playoffs. This is one of those years a WC team will win it all. 

I gotta see OKC fade to believe it.  I love that team.  I know it’s regular season but they smashed Minny and LA already.  That depth is gonna aid their fourth quarter stamina in the playoffs.  I expect SGA to draw playoff fouls at the same stupid rate.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

So where is Denver then lol?

This is why I box score watch, I can't do this no defense ****.  It's literally bad for my health at the age of 31. I am aware the Clippers are an excellent team, but I hope we don't twiddle our thumbs at the deadline. Our winning streak is because Trae and some others have turned it up a notch, but is that sustainable? The status quo is NOT okay.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They there but no Bruce Brown really f***ed them up. To me, he's their Gary Payton II when GS won it all

Bruce was good but replaceable. Jokic is cruising and they're still within a game from leading the west. If Denver stays healthy, they have the best player in any matchup so I wouldn't bet against them but you never know

• Premium Member

Great game tonight despite the loss... took the Clippers shooting 60% from three to put us away.  Hunter was nice, wish he was not on a minutes restriction.  This Clippers team is going to be scary in the playoffs -- wouldn't be surprised to see them winning it all this year if they can stay healthy.  They play exceptional possession by possession basketball.

• Like 1

Just saw the final score and the highlights on gametime but missed the actual game. Giving up 149 including 47 in the 4th isn’t gonna help. Wow.

Saw Hunter had 27/7/3, nice, couple nice jumpers and a nice pass I saw to dude in the corner.

Trae 25/12

Does Hunter get the game (gum) 🏀? @JayBirdHawk @AHF hopefully you two on the same page. Looks like Hunter but I dunno I didn’t watch it.

30 minutes ago, Nash said:

Bruce was good but replaceable. Jokic is cruising and they're still within a game from leading the west. If Denver stays healthy, they have the best player in any matchup so I wouldn't bet against them but you never know

I don't believe he's replaceable in a critical setting like the playoffs

9 hours ago, Carmine said:

This is why I box score watch, I can't do this no defense ****.  It's literally bad for my health at the age of 31. I am aware the Clippers are an excellent team, but I hope we don't twiddle our thumbs at the deadline. Our winning streak is because Trae and some others have turned it up a notch, but is that sustainable? The status quo is NOT okay.

That 47 points allowed in a qtr is terrible, who just had a game the night before?