• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Demarcus Cousins to the Golden State Warriors

3 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

This didn’t really help the warriors but it def hurt the Lakers

I hope it missed Magic Johnson off. I honestly feel the Warriors did this to block Cousins to LA. Dirty dirty scrubs.

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I actually like this move for the warrior haters like myself. Cousins can destroy them from within. I mean let’s face it they were gonna prolly win it next year before this signing...now... it can only go downhill imo and I hope it does.

I agree for the most part. It’s more comical than anything. But there’s a chance it clicks and that close series with Houston becomes one-sided. I’m not a Warriors hater though. I’m a Celtics hater and for that reason I hope it clicks since they’re the favorites in the East now.

Let’s not kid ourselves. If you thought they thought he would disrupt the team, they would have never signed him. They brought him in because he’s big, he can pass, shoot, and score inside. The Warriors have probably just built the best team Ive ever seen if Cousins comes back healthy. They are the defending champs. No way they pull the trigger unless they know Cousins will buy into the culture. They just locked themselves in for a run  the next 5 yearsjust as long as they can keep the best pieces together. I’m saying this as someone who knows that Cousins wasn’t as good as his numbers shown. This will be a big deal.

• Moderators

Cousins problems have always been overblown due to the disproportionate coverage the media gives them.  He was a great part of a very talented team at UK and if he isn’t outstanding in GS it will be moreso a product of his recovery from a very serious injury.  This is a steal for GS.

The only thing I like about it is imagining Magic Johnson handing out cigars this afternoon:

Magic:  Light em up boys....we just stole Golden State’s only long, athletic center on the roster.  Without McGee we just sabatogued their roster.  We may not have gotten Paul George or DeMarcus Cousins or Chris Paul to go with LeBron but we upgraded our interior and devasted those pissants across the bay.

Junior Assistant GM:  Ummm...Mr. Johnson?

Magic:  Mr. Magic.  

Junior Assistant GM:  Right...Mr. Magic... Golden State just signed DeMarcus Cousins.

Magic:  &:$% me.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DBac said:

Apparently none of the other teams in the NBA offered Boogie a deal. Say what you want about his attitude, he's outperforming a 5M contract on his worst day. Hard to feel bad for other competing teams if true.

Yep.  According to Marc Spears this morning on the radio, Cousins didn't have a single offer from any other team in the league.  Not one.  So Boogie actually called GS to ask about the possibility and the only option was the ME at $5.3 Mil.  He then called and talked to Steph, KD, and I think Draymond and all were excited about welcoming him to GS.  So he called the GM back and said let's do this.  

I know everyone wants to hate on the super team concept (and I hate it too), but at least in this case, it isn't really players getting together to make it happen so much as the rest of the NBA saying "no thanks" to Cousins.  So it's hard for me to hate on the deal when literally no other team offered.  

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, nathan2331 said:

I told y'all we should get him on a 2 year deal. He hasn't had any locker room problems since he left the Kings. I'm not denying the risk, but he's an All-NBA caliber player when healthy and locked in. Letting him sit out the majority of the year wouldn't hurt our tank this season.

Boogey wasn't taking $5 mil from the Hawks. From GSW sure.  

I've seen that play out before with Shaq, will to take the vet min from other teams but wanted the $5 mil MLE from Hawks.

7 hours ago, AHF said:

Cousins problems have always been overblown due to the disproportionate coverage the media gives them.  He was a great part of a very talented team at UK and if he isn’t outstanding in GS it will be moreso a product of his recovery from a very serious injury.  This is a steal for GS.

The only thing I like about it is imagining Magic Johnson handing out cigars this afternoon:

Magic:  Light em up boys....we just stole Golden State’s only long, athletic center on the roster.  Without McGee we just sabatogued their roster.  We may not have gotten Paul George or DeMarcus Cousins or Chris Paul to go with LeBron but we upgraded our interior and devasted those pissants across the bay.

Junior Assistant GM:  Ummm...Mr. Johnson?

Magic:  Mr. Magic.  

Junior Assistant GM:  Right...Mr. Magic... Golden State just signed DeMarcus Cousins.

Magic:  &:$% me.

This exactly, :laugh:

This exactly, laugh.png

Give him 2 years, 30 million. A two year deal, with the emphasis being on the second year. Shoot, if it was up to me I would've given him 3 years up to 70 million with a team option on the third year if he would've taken it. I think he'd at least think about that offer. His market wasn't there this offseason. We don't need him to play this year, keep him away and let him do his rehab separately, then slowly integrate him back into the team.

If we moved Schröder for Biyombo or another expiring, we'd have cap space next year to pursue someone else. We're wasting time right now. These picks for cap space won't turn into much, besides Denver I don't see us getting quality talent back. We're on the clock, this tank needs to end before Prince gets off his rookie contract. I realize we never even considered it, but I really think we missed an opportunity that could've changed our future in a positive way.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, nathan2331 said:

Give him 2 years, 30 million. A two year deal, with the emphasis being on the second year. Shoot, if it was up to me I would've given him 3 years up to 70 million with a team option on the third year if he would've taken it. I think he'd at least think about that offer. His market wasn't there this offseason. We don't need him to play this year, keep him away and let him do his rehab separately, then slowly integrate him back into the team.

If we moved Schröder for Biyombo or another expiring, we'd have cap space next year to pursue someone else. We're wasting time right now. These picks for cap space won't turn into much, besides Denver I don't see us getting quality talent back. We're on the clock, this tank needs to end before Prince gets off his rookie contract. I realize we never even considered it, but I really think we missed an opportunity that could've changed our future in a positive way.

I disagree.

• Moderators
17 hours ago, capstone21 said:

It’s a terrible fit but they were going to get another ring anyway ... so over the super team BS ... liked it when guys wanted to compete against each other

That's what PC culture did to the NBA... Everybody has to be a winner.