We need a big

gurpilo

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Hmmm...ok..still don’t love his on court skills but maybe he will resurrect his career. 

He is talented. He is skilled. He just needs the right situation and personnel grouping.  Playing with 

Lin

Bembry or Dorsey

Huerter or Anderson

Spellman

Okafor is a good grouping for him. He plays v. backups. A lot of floor spacing. Spellman can pass and set good screens as well as protect the paint. Okafor can just do what he do: 

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

When did Jahlil develop this offensive skill?  He's a big that can't shoot nor defend.  He has no place in the modern NBA.

The league is quickly going to find out that the way to stop Golden State, is to assemble a defensive minded team that can guard the wing . . . not try to play like them and out shoot them.   The Rockets ALMOST proved this to be correct, seeing that 2 of the 3 games that they won, they held the Warriors to under 100 points.

As for Jahlil, his issue is that his work ethic is just piss poor.  The guy can ball, and could definitely have a place on a team as a reserve big.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The league is quickly going to find out that the way to stop Golden State, is to assemble a defensive minded team that can guard the wing . . . not try to play like them and out shoot them.   The Rockets ALMOST proved this to be correct, seeing that 2 of the 3 games that they won, they held the Warriors to under 100 points.

As for Jahlil, his issue is that his work ethic is just piss poor.  The guy can ball, and could definitely have a place on a team as a reserve big.

Even if I felt he could play, the Hawks do not have the right culture currently to bring in an underachieving player like Jahlil Okafor.  

• Premium Member

SIAP....

Looking at teams that appear to have too many bigs, GSW stands out.

Either Kevon Looney who Schlenk had a hand in drafting in 2015 or Damion Jones who GSW took in 2016 or Jordan Bell (2017) seem to be potential cuts after training camp.

I'm in that group that believes you just wait to see who hits the waiver wire the day before the season starts, and take the best prospects available.

Whomever they get (unless someone becomes available worth the mid-level exception) isn't going to start and will be getting less than 15 minutes per game (may only play in emergencies or garbage time).  This isn't something to worry about regardless of who they get.  IMHO, the 3rd point spot is the contract that matters. He may play a good bit.  Young can't play more than 32 mpg at this point in his career, size until he accustoms himself to the NBA game.  A decent 3rd pg who plays until Lin is ready is the real concern.

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, thecampster said:

A decent 3rd pg who plays until Lin is ready is the real concern

"Real concern" being a relative term.

Josh Magette should be available, right?

I'm still giddy as a 50's school girl over seeing Justin Anderson's name on our roster. I'm taking the rest in stride.

I am excited too. Just really hope that he will shake his tendency to be injured. If you noticed, the two philly players moved were both injury prone.

I like his game, just hope to see him stay healthy and develop more here in Atlanta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I don't think we need to worry about catching the Warriors and out Warrioring them anytime soon. We need to keep drafting talented players and acquiring assets until we have something that looks like it could be a winner.

By the time our young players are starting to hit their stride Steph will be at least 32 to 33, Durant will be 31 to 32, Klay and Draymond will be 30 - 31, and Bron will be 35 to 36.

Keep building with BPA, good assets, and stay away from lesser players just to fill a perceived need in order to beat the Warriors. That is the last thing we need to worry about right now.

3 hours ago, turnermx said:

I like the idea of having 2 players named Lin and Len let’s get it done Schlenky emoji736.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Your wish is Schlenk's desire apparently. That wasn't meant to sound so very, very strange.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Hey @turnermx come and get your participation trophy.  Lin 'n Len.

This has been one of my greatest days as a Hawks fan [emoji38] These frontcourt guys we have might look mediocre to some on paper but with a PG that can play when healthy in Len and a great passing rookie PG these bigs are going to look really good out there. Just saying.

Now i would like to see Jordan Bell maybe and Junior Robinson signed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1