• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Bulls at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

This game was tough to watch. It took us forever to finally score a basket. We briefly took the lead and I was like, ok, we're back on track. Just to then watch the rest of the game where we couldn't make a basket.

I don't know what you take from this game other than Dedmon had a decent game and our bench looked better than the starters.

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

This game was tough to watch. It took us forever to finally score a basket. We briefly took the lead and I was like, ok, we're back on track. Just to then watch the rest of the game where we couldn't make a basket.

I don't know what you take from this game other than Dedmon had a decent game and our bench looked better than the starters.

Absolutely nothing except what you mentioned.  I do think that Trae is already a good facilitator, but IMHO, he can't be shy about shooting...his shots weren't falling, but drive and kick out..his best games happened when he did that to open up the perimeter game.

• Like 1

Attendance at the chat was mighty thin last night.  Where were you?

Reading the box score we find Spellman was the only bench player with a (-) rating.  All five starters had their very own (-) rating.  Could we have had the wrong starters last night?  Just wondering.

John Collins being out has hurt.  But, the way our starters played last night was terrible.  Some here don't really like Jeremy Lin.  Last night, compared to Trae Young, he played great.  Shows us how bad our entire starting five looked.

Sure, Dedmon looked better than Alex Len.  We already knew this.  Starter should look better than his sub.  Doesn't always work out that way.  See last night's PG play.  Dedmon, although out with his injury, is our starter and will be.

Do we play up or down to our competition?  Poor Bulls made the Hawks look so bad.  Our next opponent is supposed to be a much better team.  Will we play like a much better team?  We hope so.

GO ATL HAWKS !!

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

Attendance at the chat was mighty thin last night.  Where were you?

Reading the box score we find Spellman was the only bench player with a (-) rating.  All five starters had their very own (-) rating.  Could we have had the wrong starters last night?  Just wondering.

John Collins being out has hurt.  But, the way our starters played last night was terrible.  Some here don't really like Jeremy Lin.  Last night, compared to Trae Young, he played great.  Shows us how bad our entire starting five looked.

Sure, Dedmon looked better than Alex Len.  We already knew this.  Starter should look better than his sub.  Doesn't always work out that way.  See last night's PG play.  Dedmon, although out with his injury, is our starter and will be.

Do we play up or down to our competition?  Poor Bulls made the Hawks look so bad.  Our next opponent is supposed to be a much better team.  Will we play like a much better team?  We hope so.

GO ATL HAWKS !!

College football on Saturday takes my attention. I have sports fox south and they have change to the Grizzlies in my area but Atlanta is much closer.  I dont follow the Grizz.  Stinks.

Went to bed a little bummed lastnite after that game. Then I realized that this is just the beginning and thing might get even worse ?.. They are young and they certainly played like it last night. Lets not too many of these for the rest of the season.

As fsr as Trae goes,  I dont think we gonna see too many games when his floater is just rolling off the rim like that. That kid could not get one to drop last night to save his life. It was unreal. He will be just fine

Losing last night didn't hurt.  Knowing that we could and should have won, now that hurts.  Our team has not yet reached it's maturity.  We're training all these young men to become winners.  So many of them have very limited NBA experience and we want lots and lots more?

Hawks aren't good.  Neither are the Bulls.  They shot well in the 4th and the Hawks couldn't buy a shot that went in.  Up to that point, the Hawks had been "turnover city" as they all seemed to be in the famous sleepwalk mode.

The bad news:  Too many bad things went wrong.

The good news:  The bad things can be corrected.

Our Hawks are a growing team.  As a parent, you expect your small children to make mistakes because we know that no one is perfect.  However, we expect them to grow in size and in knowledge.  If we remember that our Hawks are growing perhaps we can look at a game like last night as an opportunity to grow and get better.  We will.  Hawks are not really as bad as we saw Saturday evening at home.

GO ATL HAWKS !!

15 hours ago, kg01 said:

Couple dudes at the other planet are giving me shat over the new hashtag.  Delusional.

Heh, I’m staying clear of that thread from now on.  Not sure I can stomach someone else watching the same guy lay a ball up off the bottom of the rim but get bailed out by the refs for a goaltend or last night lose his handle in the open court and have a befuddled trailer run into him for yet another bailout call say “he looks good!”

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

Heh, I’m staying clear of that thread from now on.  Not sure I can stomach someone else watching the same guy lay a ball up off the bottom of the rim but get bailed out by the refs for a goaltend or last night lose his handle in the open court and have a befuddled trailer run into him for yet another bailout call say “he looks good!”

I'll check in periodically as the dude sucks air out of the universe.

I thought I knew delusion but them dudes are on a different level.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, MaceCase said:

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I'll check in periodically as the dude sucks air out of the universe.

I thought I knew delusion but them dudes are on a different level.

Gotta stoke the fires every now and then. I just posted the Hawks TPA thing from Mace.