• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2019 Las Vegas Summer League Thread

JayBirdHawk

18 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The Suns basically just let him walk!  We sign him for peanuts.  

Back to this, the same Suns who had the number 1 overall pick in 2018  and came away with the 3rd best player in the draft behind the 2 guys we picked at 3 and 5?

The same Suns who been in the lottery for 8 straight seasons and dont look to get out any time soon, meanwhile we are almost a lock to get back in if not this year, the year after?

The same Suns who this year traded number 6 when they need a point guard, and drafted Cam Johnson at 11?

Are we really going to bank our opinion on how the Suns evaluate talent? I sure hope not.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Well then what do you think we can/should do to address the position right now today besides pick from the guys left available?

I was strongly encouraging Schlenk to take care of the front court before the free agent well ran dry either by resigning Dedmon or have his replacement on speed dial the minute free agency started...He did neither.  Everyone was telling me to relax, Schlenk will find someone...Schlenk usually takes his time to find these hidden gems or he would use Spellman at back up center and Hunter at backup power forward.  I asked who?  Response, We trust Schlenk.  And when Schlenk Traded Plumlee and Hill, the board really thought something was about to happen. Well it didn't and now that every potential player is signed and Spellman Looks like shit, there is nothing we can do but expect a lottery team next year and hope he takes care of this front court problem next off season.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Back to this, the same Suns who had the number 1 overall pick in 2018  and came away with the 3rd best player in the draft behind the 2 guys we picked at 3 and 5?

The same Suns who been in the lottery for 8 straight seasons and dont look to get out any time soon, meanwhile we are almost a lock to get back in if not this year, the year after?

The same Suns who this year traded number 6 when they need a point guard, and drafted Cam Johnson at 11?

Are we really going to bank our opinion on how the Suns evaluate talent? I sure hope not.

It wasn't just Phoenix...Nobody wanted the guy.

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Well then what do you think we can/should do to address the position right now today besides pick from the guys left available?

Obviously I am late to the party here. I watched the game while driving from Texas to Tennessee...I was stunned at how big Spellman looked and how slow he was. Very disappointed that any professional athlete would NOT take care of his physical tools. No excuses.

That being said, I think Peoriabird was pointing out the fact that he was concerned about our post a long time ago and most of us (including me) assumed Schlenk had a masterful plan. At this point it doesn't look good for our Hawks down low. Spellman is a sieve on D right now with his lack of speed and length. I really hope Bruno surprises me and performs well above expectations as a Rookie...at least on D. 

This could be a very tough year with the post unaddressed in FA. I know most of us wanted Dedmon resigned. Anyway, I am truly hoping for Omari to have a turnaround. Only hard work will do that! Lots and lots of discipline with the fork and on the court. Sad that he hasn't done that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EazyRoc said:

Grant Williams looking nice early on. 

I love Grant Williams. His last two years have reminded me of a more balanced Charles Barkley...he just has a lot of tools, a good mindset, a good motor, and good solid build. Lacks length, but will balance that our with some smart play. Should be a solid (non-star) starter in time.

• Like 2

:locomotive:

Trades are announced.  Pelicans and the Hawks trade for 4th draft pick, De'Andre Hunter and the 76ers and the Hawks trade for 34th pick, Bruno Fernando have been announced, meaning that we really, really have the right to sign these two!

Summer League, here they come.  Don't know how long it will be.  Soon.  Cam Reddish is still recovering from surgery and will not play.  He should be ready for our pre season games, however.  It's getting closer!

:dance3:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, High5 said:

The press conference to introduce Hunter and Bruno isn't until after the game. I hope that doesn't mean they'll miss this game too. 

i'm pretty sure they'll play. Both signed their contracts already

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, enrique said:

Sad that he hasn't done that.

Two months until training camp.

No big deal, really, as long as he takes care of his business between now and then.

• Like 1

Just now, sturt said:

Two months until training camp.

No big deal, really, as long as he takes care of his business between now and then.

That's fair enough! I am a bit cynical on him right now. I'll keep an open mind!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Put it this way... to your point, @enrique... he's not going to be a long-term asset if he's doing the yo-yo diet thing. He's got to find a way to put the discipline into place permanently. Not to mention, how hard it is on his body and his heart specifically.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yeeeesss!!!

Oh heck ya! I thought the Lakers were gonna take a lil longer. Love this game! I wanna see that kid defend. His wingspan is that of a freakin condor! Connie Hawkinesque If u will!

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, enrique said:

That's fair enough! I am a bit cynical on him right now. I'll keep an open mind!

I didn’t see how he looked yesterday, but somebody did post a video on here recently of him working out with our training staff. So he’s at least sort of trying.