• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2019 Las Vegas Summer League Thread

JayBirdHawk

On 7/8/2019 at 8:04 AM, thecampster said:

I'll tell you exactly who Mooney reminds me of.  If any of you have ever lived up north, then you know pickup games at the YMCA are a real thing for 5 months. There is nothing else to do. And every so often, someone brings their kid brother who is a foot shorter than everyone else, runs his mouth constantly, is super slow but then plays defense like he's trying to read the washing labels on your clothes. He's all up inside of you driving you nuts all game. Hack/slash/body bump/ and a half hour later you're fighting his big brother because you bounced the ball off the kid's face. That's Mooney.  Everyone on the court hates that kid, unless he's on your team.

Off the top of my head he reminds me of Gene Smith at Georgetown from the eighties. That guy messed up other team's point guard's games every time on the floor. Smith slowed down some pretty good names in that period.

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No, it won't be all good. He'll keep getting little injuries that'll keep him on the bench more often than not.

I said before, he needs the Udonis Haslem approach to body transformation.

This guy is probably what we need to hope for from Spellman:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/millste01.html

terry-mills-of-the-detroit-pistons-shoot

I tell you one thing if Omari can actually play at this size he’s got the screen assists title sewn all the way up.  He set a screen for Adams high above the arc and I swear Adams and his defender disappeared for a split second.

When Seth Greenberg asked CLP The Don about Omari’s weight he was much more subdued and far less critical than I would’ve expected, but his face did kinda droop when asked.  I’m positive he’s chewed Omari out sufficiently, no need to drag him at an SL interview.  I liked it.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member

Was anyone else a little surprised at Hunter's ballhandling and agility on offense? He is a little robotic but nowhere near as stiff as I thought he was going to be. It looks like there's more offensive potential there left to be developed. Maybe that's what impressed Schlenk during his private workout. The defensive potential is obvious, but I think he may surprise us offensively as well. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Was anyone else a little surprised at Hunter's ballhandling and agility on offense? He is a little robotic but nowhere near as stiff as I thought he was going to be. It looks like there's more offensive potential there left to be developed. Maybe that's what impressed Schlenk during his private workout. The defensive potential is obvious, but I think he may surprise us offensively as well. 

You must not have watched him last year particularly in that Championship game.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You must not have watched him last year particularly in that Championship game.

Actually, yes I did. His offensive game was limited due to how UVA plays. He was a spot up shooter and mid post guy there. The NCAA Championship was a different story but it was a departure from the norm. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

I tell you one thing if Omari can actually play at this size he’s got the screen assists title sewn all the way up.  He set a screen for Adams high above the arc and I swear Adams and his defender disappeared for a split second.

When Seth Greenberg asked CLP The Don about Omari’s weight he was much more subdued and far less critical than I would’ve expected, but his face did kinda droop when asked.  I’m positive he’s chewed Omari out sufficiently, no need to drag him at an SL interview.  I liked it.

There was another part during the game where Seth and the play b play guy were talking about Omari screens and Seth comment was something about it being so big there’s a regional change from east to north or something. 

FCKIN

FAT SHAMERS!

i mean ummmm...ya..

15 minutes ago, hawkman said:

100% agreed. I swear there’s something about watching college film 🎞 vs NBA. Once someof these prospects get to the pros, they play a lot looser, when one would think the opposite.

Agreed though, Hunter looks more fluid and somewhat quicker.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

All I got from Summer League:

Hunter is a basketball player

Bruno - Oh yes.

I swear Omari is Fatter than the first SL game.

Adams will go back to GLeague.

Spellman can be a good role player for us if his conditioning can improve....but yes goodness he’s out of shape. 

Pisses me off cause he has what I believe schlenk is looking for but man you can’t be this fat and make it for 82 games.

All I know is I had a wonderful time watching Kent Bazemore and Dwight Howard yesterday. For two vet guys to come in and work the way they did to prove that they still belong in this league says a lot!

(person whispers something to spud 🥔)

Wait, whats that? So #12 and #24 weren’t Dwight and Baze? Damn I can’t go back on and tell people this, I already praised them and everything. 

Ummm 😐 Hey folks, we are going to take a station identification break. More on the other side of the break..

Spud 🏃‍♀️ aaannnnddd he’s out of the building .. 🎤 drop.

#jersey#wars

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
On 6/24/2019 at 9:58 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

True, but the video of him greeting Cam yesterday......mmmmm?

On 6/24/2019 at 10:09 AM, NBASupes said:

Angles 

On 6/24/2019 at 5:19 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

There is no angle that make me can't see one muscle definition in that ham of an arm.

I tried telling you Spellman looked fat....come SL he was even fatter than I thought. Smh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I tried telling you Spellman looked fat....come SL he was even fatter than I thought. Smh.

Jay has fatty radar.  Don’t question her.  If she says it, you can take it to the bank.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I read his profile. Good HSer. Signed with SMU and transfered to Utah. Had a solid career at Utah. 6'2. PG. Likely an two way option if he impresses since we likely know Adams will be cut soon

Yes please.

• Like 1