• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2019 Las Vegas Summer League Thread

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, GameTime said:

We need to sign another big. Spellman isn't it right now.

He will be out of the league if he can't get it together. I actually like his game but he absolutely has to get in better shape.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Yeah most all stars suck in Summer league right? What with all of the apologist on this site?

Because Summer League is very similar to pick up Basketball. They really aren't running any real NBA offensive sets, which is why the game doesn't flow like it does in regular season ball. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

This is a reminder not to take Summer League too seriously.

Let's not start that now.  Summer League should be a time in which players who can play, should be able to show whatever their strength is.  They may not play well all around, or the team may lose.  But whatever their strength is as a player should be on full display here.

Like with Trae.  He shot the ball horribly, but you could see that he was an elite passer.  The same thing went for Lonzo Ball a year earlier.  Lonzo put on a show from a passing standpoint.

So for these guys at Summer League, here's what I want to see:

Hunter - ability to defend out on the perimeter and make a few perimeter shots

Fernando - energy around the basket on both ends

Omari - pick and pop shot making, rebounding

Whether the team wins or loses, this is what should be on display.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, ATLHawks3 said:

Because Summer League is very similar to pick up Basketball. They really aren't running any real NBA offensive sets, which is why the game doesn't flow like it does in regular season ball. 

So Jaylen really doesn't suck except in summer league because its a pick up game?  Oh O.K.

While it’s important to NOT take summer league serious , I’m a bit disappointed and worried about Spellman.

its not his skills or anything like that! Skillewise I like what he can bring.....but man oh man Spellman conditioning looks bad to me! I hope he can get it corrected. He can’t play a full 82 games this size and be his best 

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So Jaylen really doesn't suck except in summer league because its a pick up game?  Oh O.K.

This is why Adams likely won’t make the roster. Hate it for him but he isn’t yet ready . Some time in the G league would really help him 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JTB said:

This is why Adams likely won’t make the roster. Hate it for him but he isn’t yet ready . Some time in the G league would really help him 

This guy isn't an NBA player period.  I don't care how much he practices