• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2019 Las Vegas Summer League Thread

JayBirdHawk

Just now, bleachkit said:

At least wait until the all star break. These summer league hot takes are beyond stupid. No one knows anything yet.

I’m just saying I defended Trae the whole time. I’ve watched basketball for 40 years I know summer league is nothing. I’m just taking an observation, prolly cuz he ain’t ours. 

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

So are Hunter and Bruno playing today? Any word on that yet?

I’m guessing no. Still haven’t seen anything “welcoming” them to the Hawks and the game starts in 1.5 hours. I’m hoping we do but it’ll be a pleasant surprise if it happens. 

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, hawkman said:

They need to finalize this trade so the Hawks can get their new toys on the court. This year's Summer League has been lame so far. The most exciting thing about this Summer League is the earthquake. In defense of Zion, 11pts in 9 minutes ain't bad for a "fat" man. His strength and athleticism are elite. He will be fine after he gets his shot mechanics straight.

I didn’t see much of the game, but the ESPN headline was something like “Zion dazzles in debut”. Then I saw he was 4-9 shooting, three boards, and missed all of his threes. Not hating on him, but they really tried to spin it. 

1 minute ago, cam1218 said:

I didn’t see much of the game, but the ESPN headline was something like “Zion dazzles in debut”. Then I saw he was 4-9 shooting, three boards, and missed all of his threes. Not hating on him, but they really tried to spin it. 

If I was his coach I wouldn't have him shoot a three all year. Just bull your way down low and throw it down. He's a load down there, he's going to get plenty of calls too.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

If I was his coach I wouldn't have him shoot a three all year. Just bull your way down low and throw it down. He's a load down there, he's going to get plenty of calls too.

Can’t disagree there. I do think with the way the game is played, he’s going to still work on his long range game in hope to open up more on the inside. Especially since it’s a development year and the wins aren’t aren’t the main priority. They just need to make sure it’s very limited.