• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

TRADE!!! (Prince and Cap Space for Crabbe, 2 Firsts)

Spud2nique

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I love this deal. I'd value most of the centers in this draft around #17 anyway or maybe even a little lower.

Ainge is going to start having nightmares envisioning a Hawk that comes in and swoops up his players. We now pick ahead of him at 8 and 10, then again at 17.

20 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

it totally amazes me how easy Schlenk makes getting extra 1st round picks look.

Agree, Travis is pretty amazing. A big roster overhaul already even before this draft. Going to be fun on the 20th.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Agree, Travis is pretty amazing. A big roster overhaul already even before this draft. Going to be fun on the 20th.

I am not driving to ATL for any draft parties; but I did take Thursday night off!

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I'm not thrilled with this trade. Getting a bum in Crabbe to give up a decent young wing player isn't worth the 17th pick and what will be a protected 2020 pick. Unless we're turning 3 first rounders into a superstar I don't see the return. We not only gave up on Prince but now we're stuck with a terrible contract with a bad player.

1 minute ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Sweet deal.  Three first rounders and brought in Crabbe... I know he won't be apart of our long term plans, but he is a shooter and interesting. Dumping Prince is icing on the cake!

Prince is a pretty solid player. Brooklyn got the better player out of the deal. But really we wanted draft picks, and they wanted cap space, so that's really the crux of the deal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I'm not thrilled with this trade. Getting a bum in Crabbe to give up a decent young wing player isn't worth the 17th pick and what will be a protected 2020 pick. Unless we're turning 3 first rounders into a superstar I don't see the return. We not only gave up on Prince but now we're stuck with a terrible contract with a bad player.

Yea but you are saving money because 3+d players is a premium in the league the asking price is going to skyrocket.  There is no guarantee that Crabb IS going to be on the starting router.

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

It must be part of a greater plan. I can't see us bringing in three 1st round rookies. It's hard enough to develop 2 rookies, much less three.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

2 1st round picks for a player that struggles in your system...Average scorer that doesn't rebound or play defense.  per was 11.9. .. and was in the last year of his rookie deal?  Sign me up!

15 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Only stuck for one year. Bitadze. Fernando, Clarke, Gafford, Washington, Bol Bol, and Kabengele have all been projected at one time or another to be available at 17. Schlenk thinks this is a deep draft. Let him do some work before thinking all is lost because Prince is gone.

25 minutes ago, Sothron said:

It's only 1 year...its an expiring...he'll get flipped at the deadline unless he turns it around hard.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, Sothron said:

TP was on the trade block all year, it was only a matter of time. If Schlenk wasn't offering him an extension then you get value in lieu of letting him leave for free.

We took in Jamal Crawford's $16 mil contract and waived for a 1st that ended up being pick #30 which was Spellman. It's not about Crabbe the on court player but rather Crabbe the expiring contract next offseason, to go along with Baze and Plum.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Only stuck for one year. Bitadze. Fernando, Clarke, Gafford, Washington, Bol Bol, and Kabengele have all been projected at one time or another to be available at 17. Schlenk thinks this is a deep draft. Let him do some work before thinking all is lost because Prince is gone.

Not sure I said all is lost but I value Prince more than what we do. We just had a season with 3 rookies on the roster in the first round. I can't believe we're going to do another season with 3 more. I have to think we have a trade lined up. I just pray it isn't this crazy Blake Griffin nonsense.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

TP was on the trade block all year, it was only a matter of time. If Schlenk wasn't offering him an extension then you get value in lieu of letting him leave for free.

We took in Jamal Crawford's $16 mil contract and waived for a 1st that ended up being pick #30 which was Spellman. It's not about Crabbe the on court player but rather Crabbe the expiring contract next offseason, to go along with Baze and Plum.

Oh so crabbe contract does expire next off season !

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, JTB said:

Oh so crabbe contract does expire next off season !

Yes it does, along with Baze and Plumlee.

That's $50.1 million in expiring contracts at the end of the 2020 season.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I would keep him as he is a decent 3 point shooter.  Nothing gained by buying out 

There is a lot of the season left and to come. If he's bought put it would be after draft/Facy so he could find a new team.

Maybe we can rehab his 3pt stroke and move his expiring at the deadline, but so far Schlenk hasn't been successful with deadline expiring contracts.