• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AtLaS said:

Players voted Trae at #12 for backcourt players in the East, behind guys like Lamelo/Garland/Brunson. Don't even know who 10/11/12 were.  Crazy.  I don't think we will have an all-star this year.

Screen Shot 2023-01-27 at 8.30.15 PM.png

Uh o. Trae is taking names. They done f’d up now. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, AtLaS said:

Players voted Trae at #12 for backcourt players in the East, behind guys like Lamelo/Garland/Brunson. Don't even know who 10/11/12 were.  Crazy.  I don't think we will have an all-star this year.

Screen Shot 2023-01-27 at 8.30.15 PM.png

Kind of eye opening but our insiders been telling us for years that Trae Young doesn’t have player love from others in the NBA and it’s only fan and media love which makes sense because the fans and media do like Trae especially when he’s having a good season.

With the “players votes” I believe they take different things into account such as both personalities and how good they feel that player is.

Trae being 12th ranked by his peers is saying they don’t think he’s a top East PG and they don’t fear his game in my opinion. I could be overthinking it but seems that way to me .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MarylandHawk said:

Uh o. Trae is taking names. They done f’d up now. 

Hopefully this really sparks Trae because I’d look at this as completely disrespectful! Players voted Lamelo and Brunson over him! Like man that is eye opening if I’m Trae.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, JTB said:

Kind of eye opening but our insiders been telling us for years that Trae Young doesn’t have player love from others in the NBA and it’s only fan and media love which makes sense because the fans and media do like Trae especially when he’s having a good season.

With the “players votes” I believe they take different things into account such as both personalities and how good they feel that player is.

Trae being 12th ranked by his peers is saying they don’t think he’s a top East PG and they don’t fear his game in my opinion. I could be overthinking it but seems that way to me .

Trae being ranked 12th means that they flat out don't like the dude.  If they didn't fear his game, he wouldn't get double teamed all of the time and a coach wouldn't put their best perimeter defender on Trae.

Some probably think he gets too many foul calls. But we've all watched Hawks games in which Trae can get killed going to the hole, and doesn't receive any type of call.  Or it'll be an obvious shooting foul that they don't give him. 

Plus Trae doesn't mind at all expressing how he feels, which may rub players the wrong way.  I think the top level guys respect what he does, more than the mid and lower level guys.

Trae was having a better season last year, and I think the players only voted him 6th even then.

If they want Trae to be the villain, I hope Trae fulls embraces it and lets it fuel him.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JTB said:

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Players have proven time and time again that they don't take these votes seriously.  So I wouldn't read much into it if he were like 5-7.

Him being 12 seems to be them sending a message that they don't care for him, his antics, etc.  Thats fine.  He has to win to get past this stuff.  Win and it's undeniable.

On a semi-related note, I dont think fans/media realize how popular Kyrie is with players.  It's funny though because, outside the lebron years, he's basically been a perennial lover. 

31 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trae being ranked 12th means that they flat out don't like the dude.  If they didn't fear his game, he wouldn't get double teamed all of the time and a coach wouldn't put their best perimeter defender on Trae.

Some probably think he gets too many foul calls. But we've all watched Hawks games in which Trae can get killed going to the hole, and doesn't receive any type of call.  Or it'll be an obvious shooting foul that they don't give him. 

Plus Trae doesn't mind at all expressing how he feels, which may rub players the wrong way.  I think the top level guys respect what he does, more than the mid and lower level guys.

Trae was having a better season last year, and I think the players only voted him 6th even then.

If they want Trae to be the villain, I hope Trae fulls embraces it and lets it fuel him.

Could it also be that Young is the last name on the list and players, like most of us at work, complete the first two non teammates they know are good on the survey?

Just a thought. 

He could be hated.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Could it also be that Young is the last name on the list and players, like most of us at work, complete the first two non teammates they know are good on the survey?

Just a thought. 

He could be hated.

Nah man.  If it was Lebron Xames, folks would find and vote him.  He'd be top of mind. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I knew this was gonna happen.  Kicking myself.  Let me get a second take ...

If it was Kyrie Yirving, folks would find and vote him.  He'd be top of mind

Better?

I don't think Kyrie was very high last year. 

I guess, I'm like results speak for themselves.  Get yourself out of the 8th seeds and you'll get the votes you need.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

I don't think Kyrie was very high last year. 

I guess, I'm like results speak for themselves.  Get yourself out of the 8th seeds and you'll get the votes you need.

We agree here.

But I better not see 2 Nix picked.... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JTB said:

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trae has had a pretty rough year by his standards. He has good counting stats but he has basically been a chucker from an efficiency perspective. (until recently) Also, the team is performing way under everyone's expectations after making a blockbuster trade. 

Last year Trae ranked #3 in player vote so I don't think they have some big vendetta against him.

If you want to talk about someone being disrespected, look at DJM who ranked in the mid 20s this year when he was like #6 in the west last year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Our record is disrespectful.  If they wanted to be All-Stars they should have played better. 

This isn't me defending the player vote, but if you are a top 4 seed, they vote for you. 

Since this is about record to you, Lamelo above him?  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Ball comes before Young.  Again, y'all may just be reading into this more than it is. 

Doubtful.  When you do a ranking you assign a number by a persons name.  They clearly had Ball above Young.  This isn't an alphabetical thing.  Even if it's in alphabetical order, there are 100+ backcourt players to select from, so they clearly had to scroll down to select Young, then choose where to rank him.  They chose 12th.  

Edited by AtLaS
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

Doubtful.  When you do a ranking you assign a number by a persons name.  They clearly had Ball above Young.  This isn't an alphabetical thing.  Not to mention it's probably a shortened list of the top 40-50 or so backcourt players to vote on.  Even if it's in alphabetical order, there are 100+ backcourt players to select from, so they clearly had to scroll down to select Young, then choose where to rank him.  They chose 12th.  

Then explain why the players had Trae third last year even though our record wasn't that good? 

It wasn't because they disliked him. It was because he was playing so well.  After the first two spots, they don't really take it that seriously.

If Trae was playing as well as he was last year and our record was better, every one will rank him higher. 

I think lately, because of his defensive improvement, he's playing some of the best basketball of his career.  If he had played like this all year, one our record would be better and two, the players would recognize it. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Then explain why the players had Trae third last year even though our record wasn't that good? 

It wasn't because they disliked him. It was because he was playing so well.  After the first two spots, they don't really take it that seriously.

If Trae was playing as well as he was last year and our record was better, every one will rank him higher. 

I think lately, because of his defensive improvement, he's playing some of the best basketball of his career.  If he had played like this all year, one our record would be better and two the players would recognize it. 

If they had him 3 last season with virtually the same record, that disproves your alphabetical theory.  

This was a message.  But agreed that Trae would be higher if our record was better.  But the Hornets are terrible, Ball is worse in virtually every measurable category, he's only played 23 games (and they are 7-16 in those games) and he is 3 spots higher than Trae.  Maybe your point is that if you are in the top 4 there is like no choice but to vote high, and the players just look at teams 7th-16th the same.

But this player ranking is just bad, even if they didn't take it seriously.  To me it's a clear message.  

Honestly think it will motivate Trae.