Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

• Premium Member
42 minutes ago, Diesel said:

This guy gets it.  The Standard is different when it comes to Trae...

I know that the Trae hate is real.. even here on Hawksquawk.. but I dare the haters to watch this and to consider the statistical things being broken down.  Trae has done in his career what only Oscar Robertson can match and has very little respect for it. 

When you start talking about Trae...  The rules change... the Standard changes.  If you put Trae's stats on another player in the game... say Cole Anthony...   Cole Anthony would be in the MVP race.  Especially Last year. 

i've been an atlanta fan my entire life. people outside of atlanta HATE anything atlanta. especially the people who move from atlanta. 

• Sad 2

14 minutes ago, HawkingAwesome said:

i've been an atlanta fan my entire life. people outside of atlanta HATE anything atlanta. especially the people who move from atlanta

It's weird.  Like, 'Atlanta traffic is bad and snow shuts the city down ..... so I hate their sports teams.'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

This guy gets it.  The Standard is different when it comes to Trae...

I know that the Trae hate is real.. even here on Hawksquawk.. but I dare the haters to watch this and to consider the statistical things being broken down.  Trae has done in his career what only Oscar Robertson can match and has very little respect for it. 

When you start talking about Trae...  The rules change... the Standard changes.  If you put Trae's stats on another player in the game... say Cole Anthony...   Cole Anthony would be in the MVP race.  Especially Last year. 

Trae is Michael Jordan to me. There I said it! 

Trae Jordan

Trae Jordan

Trae Jordan

19 minutes ago, HawkingAwesome said:

i've been an atlanta fan my entire life. people outside of atlanta HATE anything atlanta. especially the people who move from atlanta. 

I don’t… like I said I love youse.

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's weird.  Like, 'Atlanta traffic is bad and snow shuts the city down ..... so I hate their sports teams.'

I used to watch and friends always said “HAHA, AYE SPUD WHY YOU WATCHING YOUR DONT EVEN HAVE A CROWD”…

another friend: HAHA YA ITS WORSE THAN OUR HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL CROWDS..

I used to say..

You don’t know anything about being chic do you? You don’t show up on time like you ain’t got nuttin else goin on in yo life, you arrive 20-50-95 minutes late cuz you a hit 🌞 ayyyyyebody wants you ayyyywhere. :er:

• Like 2

Just now, Diesel said:

I think our crowd vs. Boston in the playoff series 2008 were the BEST EVER BASKETBALL ATMOSPHERE EVER.... I have watched basketball over 40 years... and I have never seen a moment like that... 1st round Game 6 Hawks vs. Celtics.   If Anybody have ever dogged Atlanta's fanbase...  ON That Night, Atlanta had the BEST FANBASE in the HISTORY of Basketball.

Same. I wanted to beat the Celts soooo bad you don’t even know. I’m sure we all did but ughhhhhh that team with @kg01 so full of himself and Paulette (my most hated) and Cassell (as a player annoying I want him as a coach or Mark or Becky) and DOC, our Doc, I could taste it.

The other day I wore my JJ jersey and balled again, made me think of his dagger after dagger jumpers! Loved me some iso JJ 🤣 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

See twitter. 

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I just know God is gonna answer my recent prayer..🙏🏽</p>&mdash; Trae Young (@TheTraeYoung) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheTraeYoung/status/1622682210217168913?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 6, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Diesel said:

I think our crowd vs. Boston in the playoff series 2008 were the BEST EVER BASKETBALL ATMOSPHERE EVER.... I have watched basketball over 40 years... and I have never seen a moment like that... 1st round Game 6 Hawks vs. Celtics.   If Anybody have ever dogged Atlanta's fanbase...  ON That Night, Atlanta had the BEST FANBASE in the HISTORY of Basketball.

I drove three hours to watch the home games of that series. Didn't regret the drive or the $$$ for the lower level seats one bit. The crowd was insane. The fans were still hyped after the games as they spilled out into the streets of ATL. I still have a soft spot for that Hawks team. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, hawkman said:

I drove three hours to watch the home games of that series. Didn't regret the drive or the $$$ for the lower level seats one bit. The crowd was insane. The fans were still hyped after the games as they spilled out into the streets of ATL. I still have a soft spot for that Hawks team. 

I got to go to game 6.  It was amazing!

The only game I have been to that was louder was the NFC championship game when the falcons beat the packers to go to the Super Bowl.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Diesel said:

Great memories! I’m surprised Doc didn’t try to double JJ.

1 hour ago, Jdawgflow said:

I got to go to game 6.  It was amazing!

The only game I have been to that was louder was the NFC championship game when the falcons beat the packers to go to the Super Bowl.

I didn’t go to the game when Horford got the game winning tip vs the Wizards to send us to the ECF but I’ve heard Philips arena was rocking that night !